Mechanical Questions Thread

"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Dumblet wrote:
Does The Baron unique helm allow me to use Iron Will Support gem on Summon Skeleton with Dead Reckoning? will this interaction work?

Yep, Skelemages deal Spell Damage and will benefit from Iron Will when given Strength.

apparently not, not sure if it's a bug but the Iron Will support gem won't link to Summon Skeletons at all
Oh that is silly. Did you make a post in Bug Reports for that? :)
(may've simply been missed when The Baron was introduced)
If I get some passives for axes and swords, when dual wielding will I get benefit from all of them?
Also if I have only sword passives but wear a sword/axe combo will I still get benefits?

"
NeverSober wrote:
If I get some passives for axes and swords, when dual wielding will I get benefit from all of them?
Also if I have only sword passives but wear a sword/axe combo will I still get benefits?

Sure, but since your total dps is the average of both hands (unless fake dual wielding) the bonuses effectively count at half of their value so they aren't a good choice.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
I have 2 question related to some support gems mechanic.

1. If I use an attack to inflict my poison [100% poison on hit, not with viper strike], would these support gem affect my poison damage
a. Void Manipulation Support
b. Vile Toxin Support
c. Swift Affliction Support

2. Are these support gem affect the Decay damage inflicted by a melee hit [Not Viper strike] linked with the gem Decay Support
a. Void Manipulation Support
b. Vile Toxin Support
c. Swift Affliction Support

I am asking because it seems like these gems don't support the ailment effect like poison, but only support the main skill.
When I link these to my melee skill that have 100% chance to inflict poison [not Viper strike], the poison damage doesn't seem to change.

Is this a bug or these support gems intended to be this way?
Scenario 1: I do 100% phys damage and cause bleeding.
Scenario 2: all things unchanged except I now use a skill that converts 50% of my phys damage into lightning damage.

Will my bleed effect in scenario 2 do 50% of the damage in scenario 1?
Quick question on lacerate. Do the waves still have the melee modifier on them, or are they just aoe and attack? I want to know if melee physical damage support also benefits the waves.
I have a question on Vaal Pact and Ghost Reaver interaction in 3.0. What there is around are guesses, and not anything official after deployment.

- Vaal Pact makes life leech instant. Life regen is disabled;
- Ghost Reaver leeches Energy Shield instead of life. ES regen is cut by 50%.

If you have Vaal Pact, leeching life instantly, then get Ghost Reaver, which makes ES be leeched instead of life, but VP instant application has no effect on it anymore, what would be the point of having both?

Refund VP after picking GR?

Thanks a lot and keep up this great work.
Hi there,

i wanted to ask/know, about how "The Retch" behaves used with a main skill that has "Brutality Support".

Brutality Support stats that supported Skills deal no Chaos Damage and Elemental Damage.

And The Retch that 200% of Life Leech applies to Enemies as Chaos Damage.

Does this mean that Brutality support negates the Chaos Damage from The Retch or not ?

And secondly the wording on The Retch's Chaos Damage, how exactly is it applied to a target?

With each hit, while it is taking Damage?

Is it a target if you are leeching from it?

Thx and kisses,

Dev.
Little question about the interaction between Soul Tether, Vaal Pact and Dark Pact or Blood Magic.

If you hit something with Dark Pact you sacrifice 6% of your HP. With Vaal Pact your leech is instant: do you get some over leech to charge your ES thanks to Soul Tether or does it check once only after the sacrifice?

Does this also apply to other skills using blood magic?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info