Mechanical Questions Thread

Are all outcomes of using an ancient orb equally likely? Or are rarer uniques less likely to be made?
"
Learis wrote:
Quick question on lacerate. Do the waves still have the melee modifier on them, or are they just aoe and attack? I want to know if melee physical damage support also benefits the waves.

Yes, it's still 'melee'.

"
DMC_AAAAHHHH wrote:
If you have Vaal Pact, leeching life instantly, then get Ghost Reaver, which makes ES be leeched instead of life, but VP instant application has no effect on it anymore, what would be the point of having both?

None, they don't play together nicely, something like EB and CI.

"
CarNiVooRa wrote:
Does this mean that Brutality support negates the Chaos Damage from The Retch or not ?

No, the damage from Retch isn't affected by supports linked to the skill.

"
Volkhen wrote:
If you hit something with Dark Pact you sacrifice 6% of your HP. With Vaal Pact your leech is instant: do you get some over leech to charge your ES thanks to Soul Tether or does it check once only after the sacrifice?

Does this also apply to other skills using blood magic?

You pay for the skill before the leech kicks in so your life will never be full at the moment you start leeching so it won't redirect to ES, right, and it won't check again after your life is full.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
I have a newbie question regarding scrolls of wisdom. I've typically been vendoring everything I don't need without using scrolls of wisdom, including rares.

I know the vendor will give different currency depending on whether the item is identified or not, but I'll run out of scorlls rather quick if I identify everything.

My question: What should you identify and keep unidentified when it comes to vendoring items? What's the best strategy for maximizing good currency (I know scrolls in themselves are currency as well). Should I be frugal, or should I identify as much as I can?
Last edited by Learis on Aug 7, 2017, 11:21:49 AM
"
Learis wrote:
My question: What should you identify and keep unidentified when it comes to vendoring items? What's the best strategy for maximizing good currency (I know scrolls in themselves are currency as well). Should I be frugal, or should I identify as much as I can?

You can ID everything if you want, when you run out of wisdoms you can sell transmute orbs which you don't really need many of, and also extra armorer/blacksmith scraps.

You will see players picking up only some rares in endgame, though, even if you roll a good rare it won't be very valuable if it isn't on a good base item. Some item classes, like quivers, generally aren't worth picking up because very few people use rare ones.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Hello, I am trying to find out how bleeds from multiple sources interact, especially with the new Crimson Dance node.

If I have Crimson Dance and I bleed a mob, I understand how the node changes the mechanics for me.

What happens if I am grouped with a friend who Also has bleed, but does not take Crimson Dance. His one single instance of bleed will likely be higher than my individual Crimson Dance stacks..so does he bump me off the bleed and all my 8 stacks don't count, or vice versa or neither? Just can't figure how these interact.

Also, I tried searching but I can't figure out how to search only this thread so I apologize if I'm asking an old question.

Thanks for any input.
How is shock being reapplied?
Say I shock an enemy and the debuff timer is ticking down. Now I shock again, but with a weaker hit, such that the debuff is weaker but at full duration... Will the stronger (first) debuff has it's timer reset to full duration, will the new "worse" shock be completely ignored or will the new "worse" shock completely replace the old "strong but short" one?
Last edited by Skitskraj on Aug 7, 2017, 7:17:39 PM
"
Skitskraj wrote:
How is shock being reapplied?
Say I shock an enemy and the debuff timer is ticking down. Now I shock again, but with a weaker hit, such that the debuff is weaker but at full duration... Will the stronger (first) debuff has it's timer reset to full duration, will the new "worse" shock be completely ignored or will the new "worse" shock completely replace the old "strong but short" one?

Both Shocks will be applied to the target, both Shocks tick down, and only the strongest takes effect. Once the stronger Shock wears off, the weaker Shock will take over with whatever duration it has left. All advantage all the time :)
Can we please have an answer on how/if Dark Pact scales with the life spent to cast it, and why there is zero mention of this is the tooltip??
"
Mirvok wrote:
Can we please have an answer on how/if Dark Pact scales with the life spent to cast it, and why there is zero mention of this is the tooltip??

The description explicitly states "[Sacrifice Life] = [deal that much Damage]", meaning, Damage equal to sacrificed Life. It's right there, all you gotta do is read the text.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 7, 2017, 10:36:28 PM
Hello I have a question about the Ruthless gem and its interactions with other gems. The green txt for the gem states that every third usage of an active skill procs ruthless blows, but the other txts states that every thirds attack procs ruthless blows. So my question is which is it. For instance if i use Blade Flurry does ever third usage of the skill proc ruthless blows on all of the channeling of that skill? If i am using cyclone does every third use proc ruthless for its entire duration? Or does every third attack proc it ( in Bladeflurry case would that be each instance of the channel stack?)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info