Mechanical Questions Thread

To my knowledge that is correct, yes.
"
sagacite wrote:
just to confirm but the 100 fire damage from eye of innocence cannot crit?

Well, it works with all on hit effects, so it could feasibly crit if you have Assassin's Mark on yourself unless items follow some different rules for things that aren't recorded anywhere obvious. My reasoning on that is that Assassin's Mark works directly on the target rather than the source of damage, so unless Eye of Innocence is set to ignore the crit roll it should still have the chance to crit regardless of it's innate crit of probably 0%.
Last edited by Yajirushi62 on Mar 26, 2017, 2:16:57 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Ignite has a fixed duration.
Freeze duration is based on Damage dealt relative to the target's Maximum Life. 20 Cold Damage will never Freeze you, the duration is far, far below the minimum 300ms threshold.

Can't a CI character be frozen by the 4-5 damage from a 20 cold damage base hit?
"
Yajirushi62 wrote:
Can't a CI character be frozen by the 4-5 damage from a 20 cold damage base hit?

It might've been possible before with Carnage Heart and two Ming's Heart, but now? Probably not. With CI, it takes your Life value without the CI reduction, which is still easily 1000 Life.
It will most likely take very very long for you to answer since I got late to this thread, but anyways:

How come Quecholli and Obliteration work so differently. More importantly, why does the wording seem to suggest the opposite of what happens?

Quecholli: ""Enemies killed explode dealing 10% of their Life as Fire Damage""
- Does not specify source, yet only works off first hand source killing
- Does not proc off degen
- Does not proc off explosions themselves (chain reaction)

Obliteration: "Enemies you Kill have a 20% chance to Explode, dealing a quarter of their maximum Life as Chaos Damage"
- Specifies "you" as the source of the kills, yet works off secondary sources
- Works with degen
- Anything that dies blows up (causes chain reactions)

Is this an error? Is there any chance it'll be fixed? I'd love to make a Quecholli build :/
Hi, GGG!
Chainmail "Kingsguard" restores 100 health when consuming endurance charge, I want to understand the mechanics. If I get damage and a bunch of stones starts "Immortal Call" + "Cast when Damage Taken", then first I get damage, and then I restore health and get immunity to physical damage, or does everything happen simultaneously, thereby reducing the damage taken by replenishing health?
Is the initial hit of Wild Strike physical? Does the skill work with Elemental Equilibrium if you have no other sources of elemental damage?

Also is the skill gem description gonna be changed from "Your melee weapon strikes an enemy, converting some of the damage to a random element" as it's outdated now it converts 100% of physical damage).
"
moonamee wrote:
Hi, GGG!
Chainmail "Kingsguard" restores 100 health when consuming endurance charge, I want to understand the mechanics. If I get damage and a bunch of stones starts "Immortal Call" + "Cast when Damage Taken", then first I get damage, and then I restore health and get immunity to physical damage, or does everything happen simultaneously, thereby reducing the damage taken by replenishing health?

You take all the damage, then recover however much you should from 100 health times how many endurance charges you had.
Hi! Quick question. I aquired shaper's orb tier 10 (from vinktar) and then died with it in my inventory (I play HC). So if I finish this map again in HC do I get my lost shaper's orb again?
Curiosity is followed by ambition. Ambition is followed by madness.
"
Chalk_Circles wrote:
Is the initial hit of Wild Strike physical?

No, the conversion affects both the melee and secondary effect hits.

"

Does the skill work with Elemental Equilibrium if you have no other sources of elemental damage?

Yes, assuming we have the same definition of "work with" here. Wold Strike randomises the elememt, not cycles, so after the first hit each hit has 1/3 chance to be weaker than without EE, and 2/3 chance to be stronger than without EE. Assuming no overcapping shenanigans, of course.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Mar 26, 2017, 2:25:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info