Mechanical Questions Thread

Any particular reason for the rigwald's curse does not turn the critical multiplier to unarmmed too?
"
lucksickle wrote:
It will most likely take very very long for you to answer since I got late to this thread, but anyways:

How come Quecholli and Obliteration work so differently. More importantly, why does the wording seem to suggest the opposite of what happens?

Quecholli: ""Enemies killed explode dealing 10% of their Life as Fire Damage""
- Does not specify source, yet only works off first hand source killing
- Does not proc off degen
- Does not proc off explosions themselves (chain reaction)

Obliteration: "Enemies you Kill have a 20% chance to Explode, dealing a quarter of their maximum Life as Chaos Damage"
- Specifies "you" as the source of the kills, yet works off secondary sources
- Works with degen
- Anything that dies blows up (causes chain reactions)

Is this an error? Is there any chance it'll be fixed? I'd love to make a Quecholli build :/

The way it works suggests the description was shortened from "Enemies killed with this weapon explode...", in which case it works as intended and weapons with that form of wording function in a similar fashion.

"
de_Lioncourt wrote:
Hi! Quick question. I aquired shaper's orb tier 10 (from vinktar) and then died with it in my inventory (I play HC). So if I finish this map again in HC do I get my lost shaper's orb again?

If you haven't shaped the map and have no orb in your inventory you can obtain it again by redoing the bonus objective.

"
Trapaceyro wrote:
Any particular reason for the rigwald's curse does not turn the critical multiplier to unarmmed too?

It was intended, only the types of bonuses mentioned on the talisman work with unarmed. Of course, crit multi wasn't a big issue because prior to 2.6 you could get only 20% crit multi for claws on the tree. Seeing that the item isn't very popular and crit unarmed builds aren't terribly powerful it might be revised in future as they go along with unique updating.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Mar 26, 2017, 7:11:14 PM
How exactly does point blank work, is it based on actual distance traveled or % of total distance traveled? Example with spectral throw, if i use slower projectiles it barely goes anywhere, would that be good for point blank or would it suck because the projectile would be out for so short?
Last edited by Brinstar4 on Mar 27, 2017, 2:03:58 AM
Hi there,

So I recently acquired a Ngamahu's Sign which has a "Recover (20-30) Life when you Ignite an Enemy". If I ignite a target with Herald of Ash, does the recover 20-30 life still happen assuming I'm wearing the ring and I ignite multiple targets with ground slam?

Thanks for any information!
Greetings,

I was hoping to get clarity on an interaction between the Sudden Ignition Viridian Jewel (which allows Burning Arrow do inflict an additional Ignite on an Enemy) and Elemental Proliferation

Specifically, my question is in the following scenario:

2 enemies stand close to each other (10m away), and both get ignited by a single Burning Arrow. Will the single ignite on each enemy spread to the other enemy, leaving both with 2 ignites on them?

If not, why not?
"
Brinstar4 wrote:
How exactly does point blank work, is it based on actual distance traveled or % of total distance traveled? Example with spectral throw, if i use slower projectiles it barely goes anywhere, would that be good for point blank or would it suck because the projectile would be out for so short?

It's total distance, when you do a normal ST with PB it does minimum damage when it comes back and it's a common way to boost slow proj ST. As far as we know, the game calculates it using projectile speed and time traveled, it doesn't actually measure the distance so we aren't sure of the exact formula it uses for projectiles that decelerate or stand still. If you're interested in details about ST you'll have to wait for a comment from Mark.

"
Bintailou wrote:
Hi there,

So I recently acquired a Ngamahu's Sign which has a "Recover (20-30) Life when you Ignite an Enemy". If I ignite a target with Herald of Ash, does the recover 20-30 life still happen assuming I'm wearing the ring and I ignite multiple targets with ground slam?

Thanks for any information!

Yeah, you ignited something - you get a cookie.

"
Violander wrote:
2 enemies stand close to each other (10m away), and both get ignited by a single Burning Arrow. Will the single ignite on each enemy spread to the other enemy, leaving both with 2 ignites on them?

Yes, they would have two ignites each even without the jewel, it just makes another one active because it came from burning arrow so it doesn't count for the limit of 1.

Last edited by raics on Mar 27, 2017, 6:15:04 AM
Hello Support!

One simple Question:

Does the Enchant: "40% increased Caustic Arrow Damage" increase the Damage over Time Chaos-Damage from the resulting Cloud ? Like the Modifier increased Damage over Time?

Or does the Enchant only increase the initial Hit?

Thanks
@EdenIsBack
"
raics wrote:
you'll have to wait for a comment from Mark.

Mark is an illusion.

Spoiler
Last post by Mark_GGG in this thread:
on Dec 13, 2016 4:13:54 AM
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
Hi! New player here. I just got Haku, Armourmaster to rep lvl 7. I have a Vaal Regalia chest piece that I traded for via poe.trade that has a 35% Increased Energy Shield prefix and a Crafted 61% Increased Energy Shield. If I were to remove the crafted 61% IES to attempt to get 68% IES would it tell me that I already have a mod of this type? Is this something that was allowed in previous patches but no longer applies to the present? To be blunt, am I S.O.L. and stuck with the crafted 61% IES?
"
Primordial wrote:
Hello Support!

One simple Question:

Does the Enchant: "40% increased Caustic Arrow Damage" increase the Damage over Time Chaos-Damage from the resulting Cloud ? Like the Modifier increased Damage over Time?

Or does the Enchant only increase the initial Hit?

Thanks

Works with any damage caused by Caustic Arrow.

"
Boragorath wrote:
Hi! New player here. I just got Haku, Armourmaster to rep lvl 7. I have a Vaal Regalia chest piece that I traded for via poe.trade that has a 35% Increased Energy Shield prefix and a Crafted 61% Increased Energy Shield. If I were to remove the crafted 61% IES to attempt to get 68% IES would it tell me that I already have a mod of this type? Is this something that was allowed in previous patches but no longer applies to the present? To be blunt, am I S.O.L. and stuck with the crafted 61% IES?

That 35% ES mod is a hybrid mod that comes with stun recovery, it doesn't prevent you from crafting %ES.

"
Zrevnur wrote:
"
raics wrote:
you'll have to wait for a comment from Mark.

Mark is an illusion.
Spoiler
Last post by Mark_GGG in this thread:
on Dec 13, 2016 4:13:54 AM

Yeah, my best theory is that a crumple-horned snorkack ate him.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info