Mechanical Questions Thread

Hi, I wanted clarification of Explosive Arrow's interaction with an additional arrow quiver. Assuming just 2 projectiles (1 base, 1 additional from quiver), can both projectiles from one cast of Explosive Arrow hit a single target? And if so, does that apply 1 stack or 2 stacks of debuff?
hi there
1 question

I bought The Brass Dome - quality 20% = 4029 armour
without chest armour i have 575 armour - and with Brass Dome i have 6055
Brass Dome have 650% increased armour - from my math i must have like - (4029+575)*6.5 more armour and total armour - 575+4029+ (4029+575)*6.5

but only 6055 ?! ...

ty
hi there
1 question

Brass Dome have 650% increased armour - from my math i must have like - (4029+575)*6.5 more armour and total armour - 575+4029+ (4029+575)*6.5

but only 6055 ?! ...

ty
Increased Armour is a local value.. That's why The Brass Dome has 4k base Armour.

"
byebye wrote:
Assuming just 2 projectiles (1 base, 1 additional from quiver), can both projectiles from one cast of Explosive Arrow hit a single target?

No.

"
Hrumm wrote:
Guys, tell me pls, how does item rarity and quantity works with culling strike golem?
I have golem linked with culling strike and item rarity support gems, does it applies for him, and does IR of my character also applies?

Same as always; Minions use your Item Rarity/Qty stats, the Supports add onto this value for linked Skills. If the Golem scores a kill, it uses the supports plus your stats.
"
aGabi wrote:
hi there
1 question

but only 6055 ?! ...

ty

The 650% is not applied to your total armor, it's a modifier for the item itself and it's already included in the armor displayed at the top.
Last edited by NomadPixel on Dec 6, 2016, 9:48:25 AM
lol, wtf??? this is the most dumbest thing ever , lol :((

and this thing is same for all stufs (weapons, boots, ..., armors) in this game ???
ty
Why is it the dumbest thing ever? If it worked the way you thought it does, crafting a rare item would arbitrarily cause bonuses to apply twice. A white Gladiator Plate has 526 Armour. You want Brass Dome to have 526 * (100% + 650%) * (100%+650%) Armour and grant 650% increased armour to your other Armour pieces? When you can hardly get 12% armour per node on the passive tree? I mean... that would make characters stupidly overpowered, but... why? Why would a bonus apply twice like that?

But yes. Local/global modifiers can get hairy when you put Uniques into the equation, but local/global distinction is fairly consistent with usual modifiers. Things like attack speed, x-y physical damage, x% increased physical damage, and x% increased critical strike chance are local on a weapon and the final values are already displayed in blue at the top stats of a weapon. They are local because all ordinary white (Normal) weapons have those values, so as a rule of thumb, "if it can change an existing stat on the weapon, that's what it does."

However, not all ordinary white (Normal) weapons have x% increased spell damage, and they never ever deal spell damage by themselves, so when you see x% increased spell damage on a weapon, it's global.

For boots, gloves, helmet, etc. it's the same deal with increased armour, +flat armour, +flat evasion, etc.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
how why?

is first game with this ideea

you must write top what that item give (50 armour, 100 dmg, ...)
and all bottom thing are + ...

weapon with top 50 dmg and bottom 25 aditional dmg have a total 75 dmg ... not a total 50 dmg because those 25 are in top 50 dmg ... :(
Hi, the question is, do my minions poison enemies I curse when I have Cospri's Will equipped?
"
captain19891 wrote:
Hi, the question is, do my minions poison enemies I curse when I have Cospri's Will equipped?

No, your Minions are not your character; the only way to give minions bonuses is via things that specifically say Minion and via Support gems (which affect the skill and any skill the skill uses).
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info