Mechanical Questions Thread

A resounding 'Yes'.
Fire will Shock due to 3Ds.
Shock triggers Herald of Thunder.
Herald of Thunder cannot Shock, but does allow Freeze.
Chance to Freeze is based on Lightning Damage due to 3Ds.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 24, 2016, 7:03:56 AM
*grin* time for a fire bladevortex mf marauder using the signal fire and windripper then xD
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Hello, I have a question about chance to freeze and shatter enemies. I am using blade vortex and Hatred aura and it gives me about 230 - 330 cold dmg to that blade vortex. I was on merciles and I very easily could freeze all enemies but when I do maps in ethernal laboratory I freeze enemies very rarely. It depends on the kind of monsters ? For example it is easier to freeze normal monster than magic ? And that skill can freeze enemies with every hit or only with critical ? Please help me with this problem.
Freeze Duration is based on Damage dealt relative to the target's Maximum Life.
Quote from the wiki:
"Base freeze duration is 60 milliseconds for every 1% of the target's maximum life (before party scaling) dealt by Cold damage, up to a maximum of 50%. If the duration would be below 0.3 seconds, the freeze effect is not applied."

Without Freeze duration modifiers, you'd need to deal 5% of a target's maximum Life as Cold damage to Freeze them - Blade Vortex does not hit terribly hard.
Both Crit Multiplier and Freeze duration will aid in hitting that 300 millisecond threshold.

Magic monsters have higher Life than normal monsters, they are indeed more difficult to Freeze :)

By default, Cold damage only Freezes on a Crit. Chance to Freeze modifiers will allow non-Crits to Freeze, but their low Damage will make freezing super hard. Crits are the best method to get Freezes off.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 24, 2016, 10:59:11 AM
"
ProfBrain wrote:
Hi GGG
Does the -20% Cold Resistense stack on 1 enemy if i throw e.g. cluster frost bomb traps in?
ty in advance

There's a cooldown on frost bomb.
I have a question about the modifiers in the Champion ascendancy class.

You and nearby Allies deal 35% increased Damage
40% increased Damage when not on Low Life
30% increased Melee Damage while you have Fortify

Are those multiplicative in any way ?

Let's say you have +300% physical damage from the passive tree. Do those stack on top of the 300% or add up to it ?

a) 300% * (1+ 0.35 +0.40 +0.30) = 300* 2.05 = +615% physical

or

b) 300 + 35 + 40 + 30 = 405% physical
Increased-type modifiers are additive.
It's me AGAIN. I feel like I've been here a lot lately... back to the main topic: does damage absorbed by the reflect damage reductions from the slayer ascendency node and sibyl's lament count towards the molten shell damage threshold like damage absorbed by immortal call does? Need to know this for a build...
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
I asked this question at GGG support and they directed me here...

You've probably been asked this a million times, but one more can't hurt. :-)

Why not have the vendors pay at least something decent for any 5L? Getting a 5L from scratch using masters is going to cost you 70 jewelers + 150 fuses. But if one drops, you get basically nothing for it. Seems like 1/20th the cost to make would be a reasonable price. Say, 9 or 10 fuses? At that rate, getting a 5L drop might actually be exciting and helpful.

Thanks
Does Mastermind of discord elemental penetration value's function with righteous fire degen?

Nothing on that note indicates it only functions on "on hit" damage, since it reads "damage penetrates", which sounds to me like a global modifier.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info