Mechanical Questions Thread

"
Traps do physical damage right?
So Immortal call works.
What about mitigation? Can it be reduced with defense stats?
Is the damage based % on your total life or it is a constant number that changes depending on difficulty level?

I have problems with traps, labyrinths and I play HC. What would be the best mechanics in a build that could help me totally deal with them?

Immortal call works, fortify works, endurance charges work, I'm not sure if armour works or not, I've seen people say it does, so probably, but fortify and endurance charges are more reliable since their mitigation % doesn't change based on the size of the initial hit.

The damage is a % of your total life and doesn't change based on difficulty.

High regen helps a LOT. Some of the traps cause bleeding, so a staunching flask or two is recommended.

With high regen and physical mitigation you should be able to run through traps without worrying about getting hit, you will get hit but it wont be life threatening, unless you're following one of the spinning traps and taking constant damage.

My final piece of advice is to not be afraid. If you panic, that's when you'll screw up and get yourself killed. When I first tried the lab I panicked and died to the first set of traps I encountered. I almsot quit poe right then, I was so mad. (I play HC too). But then I watched a video of a guy just tanking everything, he wasn't scared at all. I gave it a go in one of the trials and sure enough.. the traps weren't nearly as scary as I thought. From then on I've been able to keep a clear head and I haven't died a single time in the lab since.
Fort and Armour both work against all Hits dealt (spikes, cleaverblades, darts), but not against DoT (Bleeds from everything, roombas, spike pillars).
Endurance Charges apply to everything they're fantastic.
Thanks for the clarification viper. :)
I have a couple of questions regarding shock chance and Voltaxic Rift. Voltaxic Rift converts 60% of lightning damage to chaos damage.

1. If I have 25% chance to shock, will the chaos and lightning portions have separate, independent 25% chances to shock?

2. Hypothetically, if the answer to my first question is yes, and if you could stack multiple shocks on an enemy (like you used to be able to), would that result in a single attack being able to apply two stacks of shock?
Domination IGN: ScratchyBitch
On-Hit effects are rolled per-Hit. You either do Shock, or you do not.
By default, Shock duration is based on Lightning damage. Due to Voltaxic Rift, Chaos damage also factors into Shock duration.
Hi, Id like to know how Emberwake ring interacts with totems, and specificaly if totems (for example flame totem) can stack the ignites on the enemies. Since they are able to inflict Elemental Equillibrium (which is phrased "enemies YOU hit.." just like Emberwake is phrased "YOU can inflict...") i dont see the reason why they wouldn't be able to stack the Emberwake ignites, but i found some posts by players that state that their dps doesnt increase while using Flame Totem + Emberwake + The Tamming +100% chance to ignite. And others that say that you can stack the Emberwake ignites only with self cast/self triggered spells and not via totems. Since im realy interested on making a build with this combo for 2.4, but The Tamming is realy expensive to buy only to find that it doesnt work as i thought it did, i am realy looking forward to a clarification. TY in advance
Last edited by RamboStonKampo on Aug 26, 2016, 3:05:14 PM
"
Andrius319 wrote:
hello, i have question with taming.

lets say i have totally zero damage increases and that ring only gives it's first mod- 10% increased damage per freeze shock and ignite on enemy.
and emberwake only with its ignite stacking. and nothing else- no other increases, decreases, etc.

so lets say my first hit deals 100 fire damage, and it ignites for 80 damage over 4 secs (yes lets ignore emberwake's 80% less).

1) So the first question is- will second hit deal 110 fire damage and will it ignite for 110*0.8*1.1=96.8 over 4 secs- third multiplier 1.1 asks if ignite will also be increased separately or in other words will it double dip?

2) and the second question- i have noticed from previous youtube videos and current my taming behavior that the taming no longer increases tooltip damage. Does it now deal different increased damage to each mobs individually or is it just bugged (yes i inflict ele status ailments)?

3) does it still stack with multiple ignites?

maybe someone from devs can confirm or denny how it works? does it stack with emberwake's ignites? does increased damage also apply to damage over time such as ignite and righteous fire?
Hi..

Does Discharge still have limit cap on how many enemies it can hit? If it does, then why? ANd is it something you will fix/change?

Cheers
"
ProfBrain wrote:
Hi GGG
Does the -20% Cold Resistense stack on 1 enemy if i throw e.g. cluster frost bomb traps in?
ty in advance

It would be too strong. It would likely specifically say it stacks like on wither gem if it did.
"
PinkyDinky wrote:
Hi..

Does Discharge still have limit cap on how many enemies it can hit? If it does, then why? ANd is it something you will fix/change?

Cheers

Patch 2.3 changed the number of targets that Discharge can hit from 20 to 30.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info