Mechanical Questions Thread

"
If I have added chaos/lightning/cold linked to explosive arrow, Does the added damage add to each charge, i.e. if explosion does 467-700 per fuse, and you add 190-284 chaos damage, does each fuse add that much, or does it just add it during the explosion, so if you have 5 fuses and it does lets say 5k avg damage, then it just adds 190-284 chaos damage to that final explosion?

No. The added damage from support gems will only affect the initial hit, before the explosion
Flat Damage from Supports is added to the explosion - Mark confirmed in this thread that flat Damage from Enchantments will, and Supports just add to any Hit.
I don't know exactly how it would stack up.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Aug 18, 2016, 6:27:12 AM
Edit: nvm
Last edited by CharlieCage on Aug 23, 2016, 3:44:10 AM
Heyho!

So I'm theorycrafting for a possible dominating blow build or Zoo'o'mancer or something of that sort. And something I want to prevent my character from dying to is on-kill-effects like the exile which uses abyssal cry.

So now to my Question:

Does anybody know in which order on-kill-effects execute? If so, would minion instability prevent yourself from dying like that since it "denies" the enemy skill the explosion effect?

My first guess would be that they just execute in the order in which they were applied to the target. In my research I've found some people who claim that infernal blow and abyssal cry can both trigger at the same time but I guess these dudes haven't tested that enough since there's no hard evidence.

In case no one knows the answer I can try to figure it out later but right now I'm not at home.
Last edited by Unei on Aug 18, 2016, 9:57:50 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Flat Damage from Supports is added to the explosion - Mark confirmed in this thread that flat Damage from Enchantments will, and Supports just add to any Hit.
I don't know exactly how it would stack up.

Yes this is correct I found the post. I've never seen a EA build utilizing added damage supports. Even if the flat damage stacked with each fuses, I believe the other supports available for the build would be a better option. Maybe as a scion by going to both side of the tree to grab as much % inc. elemental damage, and with the 3 elemental added damage supports with elemental overload ?

Maybe it can be achieved.
Last edited by KevT90 on Aug 18, 2016, 1:52:06 PM
"
CharlieCage wrote:
The time that Sparks must travel before they re-arm has been increased from 500ms to 1000ms according to 2.3.0 patch notes.

If I have a 3 sec duration Spark, can it hit a mob max 3 times per cast or what is the meaning of this?

This is per projectile. So not really. However I believe there is another timer for the per cast which would be 300ms.
Hi Mark,

Here are some questions regarding to Bino's Kitchen Knife:

What is the actual radius of "spreads poison"?

From the wording "On Killing a Poisoned Enemy, nearby Enemies are Poisoned"
Is it a bug that poison won't spread when killing some kind of enemy who doesn't leave corpse (e.g. mobs summoned by Izaro, prophecy The Unbreathing Queen I, etc)
Say I corrupted vulnerability on hit on my gloves and I use a strong single hit skill like bear trap.

Will the curse apply as soon as the "hit" is confirmed and THEN the damage is applied or is the damage tied to the hit and the curse is applied after the damage is dealt?
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
"
Simplesim45 wrote:
Say I corrupted vulnerability on hit on my gloves and I use a strong single hit skill like bear trap.
Will the curse apply as soon as the "hit" is confirmed and THEN the damage is applied or is the damage tied to the hit and the curse is applied after the damage is dealt?

Damage, then Curse.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Simplesim45 wrote:

Damage, then Curse.

Is this 100% confirmed?
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info