Mechanical Questions Thread

Yes. It's a really common question.
"
Simplesim45 wrote:
Say I corrupted vulnerability on hit on my gloves and I use a strong single hit skill like bear trap.

Will the curse apply as soon as the "hit" is confirmed and THEN the damage is applied or is the damage tied to the hit and the curse is applied after the damage is dealt?

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
hcl wrote:
Does the actual HIT that triggers the Curse _already benefit from the Curse_ ?
No, because you have to hit them to apply the curse, therefore they weren't cursed until you hit them - you were hitting an uncursed enemy, and dealt damage as such.
Last edited by KevT90 on Aug 18, 2016, 3:08:25 PM
How is ball-lightning's crit calculated? Is it per ball that is cast and all surges from that ball all crit or all don't crit? Or is it per surge from the initial ball?
Why my explosive arrows pierces frost wall? I have 0% chance to pierce
"
Vegalyp wrote:
How is ball-lightning's crit calculated? Is it per ball that is cast and all surges from that ball all crit or all don't crit? Or is it per surge from the initial ball?

it's per cast so if the cast is a crit, all projectiles have the potential to crit (whether a proj crit or not depends on the enemy's defense and other buff they have at the time) or if the cast rolls a non crit then no proj would crit for that cast. For ball lightning, per cast is the ball so if it was a crit all "surges" may crit.
Last edited by KevT90 on Aug 19, 2016, 5:23:23 PM
"

Are you cursing with projectile weakness ?

Or you have a unique item with some pierce mod ?
"
"

Are you cursing with projectile weakness ?

Or you have a unique item with some pierce mod ?

I don't have any items with pierce mod. Just sometimes 2-3 projectiles from 5 passes throught frost wall. That happens with RT and without it.
"
Just sometimes 2-3 projectiles from 5 passes throught frost wall. That happens with RT and without it.

Some older threads suggest it may go through between sections of the wall depending on its orientation ...
Hey
1. Can somebody tell me if i can crit myself on minion death by waering "reckless defence" and "heartbound loop"?
2. Can a crit occur on myself and deal 0 dmg (e.g. immortal call is up)?
Thank you in advance
I have a few questions regarding the Hierophant ascendancy, all related to Sanctuary of Thought: First off: If I am at full energy shield, are my skills free? Second, when you have RF on and you outregen it, does it count as being on full ES or does it interact the way blood rage does with "on full life" effects? My last question is about the 25% of maximum mana added as es, I recall this not being scaled by %max es from tree and gear, is this intended, and if not has it been fixed?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info