[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
I've just reached the Shaper in the league on my Inquisitor (I started only 2 weeks ago after finishing all new content in Standard first). Going to try and kill him tonight.

Aaaaaaaaand... it's done. 1st try. On the Templar/Inquisitor version of this build (I'm just trying something new because I've already played the Scion and the Witch in the last two leagues). I guess I'll post a guide for it some time soon. That class has its perks, although I still consider Elementalist the strongest.

Nice! Congrats man! I just had my first try, it went miserably sadly.. Got 1 hit by his Teleport slams. Couldn't stand in zana's bubble as there were some of those vortex things below her, there was once even, when I died and came back, zana died by the mobs shaper spawns, and he went into that chaos mode and I had no zana's bubble to survive in. And my personal favorite death was when I thought I was inside the bubble (had to stand at the edge since had vortexes inside), turns out I wasn't inside the bubble and got 1 hit. haha!

Shall come back to try again once I've got my leech enchant on boots and level 3 enlighten!
Watched the Chimera video, how do you take no damage when he disappears? I was doing fine until that point, but then he just 3-shot me before I could make it to the first cloud, 9.1k ES. The map had added lightning and crit, should I only do it with no damage mods?
Last edited by Rivx on Sep 30, 2016, 10:33:16 AM
"
soujiro707 wrote:
just curious what kind of stats/setup i'd need to face tank merc lab. His leap slam seems to 1 shot me at 5.9K ES with a granite flask

5.9K is definitely on the low side, unless he has no buffs. I had 6.5k when I started farming it, I barely had enough to survive him buffed with charges. Use basalt instead of granite btw, armor is useless against such big hits. Or use both if you have space. It also helps to put orb into the curse setup so he gets enfeebled before the first hit.
ya I know 5.9K ES is low. I'm having problems finding high ES/int boots and gloves that also give resists. I'm sitting at 48% Fire 43% Cold 93% light in Merc. I have no idea how i'm going to cap off my resists and still get decent ES without spending a crazy amount

Am I missing something? Maybe I need ES % increase on the skill tree

Last edited by soujiro707 on Sep 30, 2016, 10:59:25 AM
What level are you? You can get the diamond skin cluster by 85 which provides some nice resists, and there are some more options afterwards such as getting the last point in the cluster, or going for Faith and Steel/Nullification for a bit of ES and resists if you really need them.

I suppose you could also use a resist belt instead of Auxium until you can get more on your other slots, but you have to be quick on that Heat flask or you'll be in trouble against any cold damage mobs (including Izaro with elemental buffs).
Last edited by Rivx on Sep 30, 2016, 11:22:40 AM
"
Rivx wrote:
Watched the Chimera video, how do you take no damage when he disappears? I was doing fine until that point, but then he just 3-shot me before I could make it to the first cloud, 9.1k ES. The map had added lightning and crit, should I only do it with no damage mods?

The moment he goes into fog mode, use basalt + granite. And personally, I would also use quicksilver flask (with adrenaline would be best) to dash through the fogs quickly to clear the "fog of war" ASAP. Worked like a charm for me.
If it's your first attempt, best to do the guardians without any extra damage mods. Especially if you do not even have 8k ES yet.
"
meyogi wrote:
"
Rivx wrote:

The moment he goes into fog mode, use basalt + granite. And personally, I would also use quicksilver flask (with adrenaline would be best) to dash through the fogs quickly to clear the "fog of war" ASAP. Worked like a charm for me.
If it's your first attempt, best to do the guardians without any extra damage mods. Especially if you do not even have 8k ES yet.

I did use basalt and quicksilver, he still hit for like 3k, very quickly :( It would also help if I had fortify up before he disappears I guess.
I'll definitely do them without damage mods next time, that 1% bonus isn't worth the pain.

Edit: nvm I'm too greedy. Died twice before I realized I need to bring more anti-freeze flasks (added cold and minmax GG), then twice more because he was camping the entrance. Worf it. Phoenix had no damage mods and was super easy.

Spoiler
Last edited by Rivx on Sep 30, 2016, 1:11:34 PM
Just woundering, i have not seen them mentiond, but are not
and
good for this build? they raised my int by a lot.
Also the essence for
seems realy strong.

Atm my gear looks like this:
and the brute force soulition and dex convert to int jewels. What wuld be my next uppgrade? im looking for a +1 curse astramentis but seen none so far in ESC? Guess geting the good corruption on gems is also a good next step, and 9 more levs :P
So far build seems realy strong, when i got the two emperors jewels it realy just upped my QoL a lot, dont know exactly why, but for me everything went mutch smoother.
Yea those jewels seem to be amazing, not sure why they weren't mentioned at all. How much did you buy them for? I'm building a second character to try to get one myself but idk how that would work out.

Crystal belt with int is nice but only available in Essence, otherwise its only useful if your resists are lacking. Anti freeze is still very important so its hard to give up.
The jewels where not cheap :P i spent 9 ex total for them, yea i agree anti freeze is realy important, i use anti freeze flask and that belt atm. So far its good, will see when i hit higher levs tho, just 50+ int and 120+ es + resists thats hard to fit in to many other slots, seems like a good trade for some flask whit anti freeze :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info