[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

As weird as it sounds, I used this build as a Engame Lab speedfarmer. (even went to the extent of getting an offset blightbeak + Prismatic eclipse to leap faster when possible).

I find my clear times satisfying.
Even with my so-so gear Most izaro combinations are ok, a few are just a nono.

Im planning to spend a bit more on gear to slighly boost dmg/ es pool. Currently planning to stay dual curse (as long as I can do most izaro fights without breaking a sweat (i think the only annoying ones might be curses with frenzy or conduit with frenzy). I decided to not use Black sun crest, so I was planning to stay with a rare es helmet and maybe use a perandus signet as 2ndary ring instead of a Doedre's. (Currently dont even need resist on my 2nd ring to cap). I'll be giving up on Artic armour, but with a budget spec, having a rare helmet helps mme get decent amount of max es (No need for that much es on gloves,boots and chest, so cheaper stuff).

Relevant stats currently (not conc effect): https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/171256966218252288/231654924205817856/unknown.png

Tl.DR : Im amazed at how well this build performs for the izaro fight. Most combinations work even with ok gear. (currently maybe under 3ex-ish spent total). Argus is so faceroll. I have like 70% of your current dps and still kill those bosses so fast...

Thanks for making that guide, was fun to adapt it to a medium budget for lab farm. My main is a psn tornado shot, and farming endgame lab is gonna get me the few last pushes in his endgame gear much quicker (Vuln on hit facebreakers mostly ;-))
Last edited by Arcanastenebrae on Oct 1, 2016, 2:21:44 AM
If you plan on doing mostly Uber Lab, pick the Scion version of this build. It's faster (Raider!), has more ES and higher curse effect (e.g. easier dealing with Izaro). You can indeed stick to dual curse, Izaro is already very slow, you don't need TC against him. So then you can use AoF+CtF+2x Perandus Signets, and support Enfeeble with Enhance. And a rare helmet instead of Black Sun for even more ES at the price of some DPS. You don't need a lot of DPS for Izaro.
Im lvl 81 now, my ES is 6.6k. Does that seem a bit low? Many other seem to have like 8+k ES.
Dps in hideout with golems 5.5k

So whats next to upgrade? Any help appreciated.

tree: https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAQPuBAcOSBBYES0RUBGWEzUV1xekGS4abBzcHOcdTx2-HwIn7Sj6KU8qOCycLL8tHzOHNbk2xTrYPAU9Dz1fRUdGcUyzUXRSU1ZIVmNXDV3yXypfal-wZlRoZWoebRlvnnflfLt_xoKbgseDCYP3hMWFe4auh2WOvo7pjxqP-pD6ksGTJ5Ugl_SbtZ2uns2fy6EvoqOmmacIpyunMK-br6e0DLUEuJO-isBmwcXB88M6xBXE9spKytPQ0NIh1AfVptgk2WHcjd9t37DkIuvk6-7sGOw473zyL_Ob
Last edited by JaatiRis on Oct 1, 2016, 12:50:16 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
If you plan on doing mostly Uber Lab, pick the Scion version of this build. It's faster (Raider!), has more ES and higher curse effect (e.g. easier dealing with Izaro). You can indeed stick to dual curse, Izaro is already very slow, you don't need TC against him. So then you can use AoF+CtF+2x Perandus Signets, and support Enfeeble with Enhance. And a rare helmet instead of Black Sun for even more ES at the price of some DPS. You don't need a lot of DPS for Izaro.

I'll look into it, my character is lvl 85 atm, but maybe I can reuse most of his gear so lvling a scion one might be worth re-lvling.
I tried to do a 4L with CWDT-Ball lightning-Curse on Hit-Temporal Chains, but Ball lightning didn't activate with CWDT. I tried it without CWDT and it applied the curse. I tried again with Ice Nova, and CWDT did activate it, but not the curse. How do I do to activate both the spell and the curse?
what do you recommend for maximum possible mf (cull wise, I supposed) without compromising too much?

I'm thinking Reaper's Pursuit with some random fast skill with good range.

Ball Lightning + GMP/LMP + IR + Increased AoE + Spell Echo ?
Last edited by TeaAddict on Oct 1, 2016, 9:53:58 PM
"
I tried to do a 4L with CWDT-Ball lightning-Curse on Hit-Temporal Chains, but Ball lightning didn't activate with CWDT. I tried it without CWDT and it applied the curse. I tried again with Ice Nova, and CWDT did activate it, but not the curse. How do I do to activate both the spell and the curse?

Please read the Links section carefully.

"
TeaAddict wrote:
what do you recommend for maximum possible mf (cull wise, I supposed) without compromising too much?

Are you talking about this build? What Reaper's Pursuit??

This is what I am using right now in the league as the swap staff:

I clear trash in all maps, all tiers, with all mods with this staff and only switch to the main DPS staff for the T16 bosses, the Shaper, Core Malachai, Rigwald and Colosseum Daresso. Even on those bosses, once they are close to death I switch from the main DPS staff to this staff to cull them.

This is enough to sustain T15-16. In fact I've been mostly sustaining T16, rarely dropping to T15 for more than a couple of maps, then T16 maps drop again. I always roll them with 90+ IIQ and pack size. It costs a few chaoses per map, but I make more by selling all maps lower than T15. Not to mention the other drops.

You don't need any more MF than this when the build allows you to handle any maps with almost any mod combinations.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Oct 1, 2016, 10:20:45 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:

Please read the Links section carefully.

My fault for not reading it, thank you :)
"
Kelvynn wrote:

"
TeaAddict wrote:

Are you talking about this build? What Reaper's Pursuit??

This is what I am using right now in the league as the swap staff:

I clear trash in all zones, all tiers, with all mods with this staff and only switch to the main DPS staff for the T16 bosses, the Shaper, Core Malachai and Colosseum Daresso. Even on those bosses, once they are close to death I switch from the main DPS staff to this staff to cull them.

This is enough to sustain T15-16. In fact I've been mostly sustaining T16, rarely dropping to T15 for more than a couple of maps, then T16 maps drop again. I always roll them with 90+ IIQ and pack size. It costs a few chaoses per map, but I make more by selling all maps lower than T15. Not to mention the other drops.

You don't need any more MF than this when the build allows you to handle maps with most mod combinations.

Oh okay. I have about ~108% IIR and 3% IIQ with just the standard staff. I just thought that extra 40 from Reaper's Pursuit would be neat

"
TeaAddict wrote:
Oh okay. I have about ~108% IIR and 3% IIQ with just the standard staff. I just thought that extra 40 from Reaper's Pursuit would be neat

Most drops come from the trash/magics/rares in the zone, not the boss. Pack size 4tw. You cannot clear trash with a weapon other than WI, swapping after every cast - that'll be really tiresome and absolutely not worth 40% IIR.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info