[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

Probably depends on the jewel they replace, and how much base INT you have.
The first one is definitely better than the second one, cause higher % and also has the 5% defenses with applies to energy shield, while the second just gives crit which isn't really used in this build (other than triggering ele overload).

Wanted to ask the opinion about using hypothermia to replace one of the other supports. It's more damage on chilled targets - and since ice storm creates chilled ground, it chills pretty much any enemy even while doing fire damage. It has a little less 'more damage' than other supports, but doesn't have any drawback like disabling status ailments, crits or reduced area of effect. Could it be worth using over one of the others?
"
AiMBOYrEE wrote:
i vaaled 10 astramentis so far .. i don't anyone who makes a +1 curse astra will sell it

it is pretty low budget you can do just fine with 4~5k es the weapon itself is really cheap + you dont need 6L the helm is cheap aswell ... the only expensive thing is astra and it's not needed you can just get a high + all attribute one and can still do t10 maps easily ...

I understand that it can be cheap but low comfort of playing is :)
which does not change the fact that the build is very good :]
ing: Sehemyr
ripped to duo core today at 89. don't seem to be able to leach from the hearts enough(or at all really) to stay alive. bummed. shav' dropped me a t16 though so ayeee
Last edited by Czerpakistan on Sep 18, 2016, 1:43:39 PM
"
blajo wrote:

Unfortunately, it is not a low budget as the author says

Nice, wish that topaz ring had increased cold dmg on it though :D
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
Last edited by monkuar on Sep 18, 2016, 2:13:50 PM
Hey, I'm in essence league and doing this build. Currently i'm lvl 89 Ascendant, as your build at the beginning of the season said to do ascendant. I am now looking to max my build out in order to do Shaper. I just looked at your guide and now everything is switch to elementalist . Is Ascendant still viable for this build to do Shaper? Or do i have to make a witch?

Here is my current gear:

I just switched over to Pyre and refunded the Avatar of Fire.
"
Hey, I'm in essence league and doing this build. Currently i'm lvl 89 Ascendant, as your build at the beginning of the season said to do ascendant. I am now looking to max my build out in order to do Shaper. I just looked at your guide and now everything is switch to elementalist . Is Ascendant still viable for this build to do Shaper? Or do i have to make a witch?

Here is my current gear:

therres a few diferent versions he has made. check the fourms. all are viable tbh
"
Czerpakistan wrote:
"

Here is my current gear:

therres a few diferent versions he has made. check the fourms. all are viable tbh

Ah okay. But anyways, with the Pyre Ring + Respecing out of Avatar of Fire, is that a better choice for me? In terms of doing the guardians/shaper.
Warning about Volcano(t14) boss. He is somewhat tough for this build without prep.

- It's a totem, so it's immune to curses. Life leech is not the issue, because it summons a lot of smaller totems, but mana is.
- AFAIK, totems are also immune to crits, so no buff from keystone.
- It has Elemental Equilibrium and blasts you with frost and fire shredding your resists.

Ruby and/or maybe Saphire flasks are required. Mana flask can be nice. Switch Blasphemy for Purity of fire. Avoid -resist and Ele Weakness map mods. Get a non-curse ring, preferably to overcap resists.
First of all, really great guide and build! I really like it so far. A couple of things I thought about.

How important do you find temporal chains on the new bosses? Like, the 4 new and the shaper. So far I can handle all content I've encountered with it - but I'm not a currency machine and had a unlucky run on my map pool, so sadly I haven't had the chance to try them after getting a ton of upgrades.

Also. How important do you find auxium? I've been running a crystal belt with int roll instead, which I love. I so far had no rips to getting frozen, just make sure to have a flask ready to counter the freeze if needed. The build has quite some hp compared to other CI builds due to our high base strength, so I actually don't find myself being frozen almost ever. Even in T14-T15 maps.

Having a crystal belt also helps out with the resistances, actually making the res nodes down in the strength part of the tree somewhat not important - freeing up 1-4 points on the skill tree. As I only run 2 curses I used to run dreamfragments, which I can now replace with a good rare ring (more int, es and damage rolls) - and then just switch in the dream fragment ring if I would need freeze immunity on a certain boss.

So basically I want to know if temp chains is super important or just a QoL thing for the build. :)
"
schattenwulf wrote:
Probably depends on the jewel they replace, and how much base INT you have.
The first one is definitely better than the second one, cause higher % and also has the 5% defenses with applies to energy shield, while the second just gives crit which isn't really used in this build (other than triggering ele overload).

Wanted to ask the opinion about using hypothermia to replace one of the other supports. It's more damage on chilled targets - and since ice storm creates chilled ground, it chills pretty much any enemy even while doing fire damage. It has a little less 'more damage' than other supports, but doesn't have any drawback like disabling status ailments, crits or reduced area of effect. Could it be worth using over one of the others?

I asked this question a few pages back. Problem is a lot of bosses don't get chilled, and the multiplier is lower. We're already running ele overload so our crits don't do extra damage anyway, so we take advantage of the lower crit chance and use orb of storms to proc Ele Overload.

"
Thefatpunk wrote:
First of all, really great guide and build! I really like it so far. A couple of things I thought about.

How important do you find temporal chains on the new bosses? Like, the 4 new and the shaper. So far I can handle all content I've encountered with it - but I'm not a currency machine and had a unlucky run on my map pool, so sadly I haven't had the chance to try them after getting a ton of upgrades.

Also. How important do you find auxium? I've been running a crystal belt with int roll instead, which I love. I so far had no rips to getting frozen, just make sure to have a flask ready to counter the freeze if needed. The build has quite some hp compared to other CI builds due to our high base strength, so I actually don't find myself being frozen almost ever. Even in T14-T15 maps.

Having a crystal belt also helps out with the resistances, actually making the res nodes down in the strength part of the tree somewhat not important - freeing up 1-4 points on the skill tree. As I only run 2 curses I used to run dreamfragments, which I can now replace with a good rare ring (more int, es and damage rolls) - and then just switch in the dream fragment ring if I would need freeze immunity on a certain boss.

So basically I want to know if temp chains is super important or just a QoL thing for the build. :)

I'm going the way of not running an auxium. We'll see if I get punished for it. I run anti-freeze on both my quicksilver and my sulphur, so I feel very safe both when travelling and when fighting.
Last edited by Shiverwarp on Sep 18, 2016, 4:41:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info