[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

"
RoCKeTs wrote:
"
reliq wrote:
How do you deal with ele weakness ? Just realized you are not overcapped.

Well with the high pool of ES you don't realy have to bother about ele weakness and resist, you just melt and facetank everything before it kill you :) (3 endurance charge give you +12%@res too)

sounds like a big gamble. 8k ES is not that high to survive anything with res not at max.
"
kurt029 wrote:
Is there a spot for the new unique ring that takes care of stun in this build ? obviously it is good for leveling, but what about endgame ? (Valyrium moonstone ring)

It's been already considered earlier in this thread and deemed not worthy. Sacrificing a ring slot for stun immunity is much worse than spending 5 tree nodes to get it (US only costs 5 tree nodes, everything else on the way to it is good).

"
AiMBOYrEE wrote:
You can get +1 curse on amulet ^^ and drop the +1 curse ring ...

If you get a +1 curse Astra then you will get a whole lot more from Perandus Signet than from Valyrium and 5 tree nodes saved by it.

"
Btw. would EQ work with this build ?

EQ? Earthquake? You can definitely level with Pillar of the Caged God + Astramentis + Earthquake. But I don't see a reason to do it when you can level with WI + Astramentis easily while getting used to the build.

"
You should add to -cons for this build ...
That you don't want to go back to another build because facetanking pretty much everything is so awesome

LOL totally! I've been trying to play other builds from time to time but they are just not the same level of fun :)
Last edited by Kelvynn on Sep 13, 2016, 2:49:55 AM
"
Ksakep wrote:
Spoiler
My gear.

Killed Atziri first time in my life with this build at level 86 and died only five times, leech is very slow and can't regen damage of the last one of the trio and of Atziri's flameblast.

Vault boss is a no-go too, cause I could outleech damage from 4-5 guardians, but they could kill you faster then 1 sec without leech.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I think with a 5-link, more mana (and not just 150) (need Enlighten leveled) and Leap Slam things will be better.

You gear is very good. Lv 19 gems are definitely enough for Atziri. You must be doing something wrong. Are you not using Warlord's Mark or something?

Vault boss? It dies in like 10 sec. What 4-5 guardians? Are you trying to range kill it?? It has a proximity shield. Leap onto it and roflstomp it before it can spawn even 2 guardians. I just went to that map to check if I'm missing anything. Corrupted with Vulnerability and Ele Weakness. It's completely trivial for this build.

Make sure you are using Warlord's Mark Blasphemy aura. And Orb of Storms. You should perform this combo almost automatically: Leap Slam, then Orb of Storms.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Sep 13, 2016, 3:05:11 AM
"
reliq wrote:

Just outleech it. If the map is also ele reflect (or you meet a reflective rare) - use a Ruby flask. There are very few specific bosses that require resist flasks of the corresponding type.

"
Rivx wrote:
Some map bosses can one-shot you with certain mods if your resists are in the 50s. For instance GMP on shotgunning bosses can hurt a LOT. Essence mobs can also cause issues though they don't tend to have single hit high damage attacks.

I can't think of anything below Tier 16 that can 1-shot me with EW. Just cast Icestorm on them and leap onto them, and then the leech takes care of the rest. I've done T16 Phoenix with EW -maxres just fine with the Uber Atziri setup (Purity of Fire). Do you have a non-T16 example?

"
teharos wrote:
Have you considered Arsonist instead of ES and resists past lvl 91?

You get 40% increased fire dmg for 3 nodes, or roughly 13% per node. 3 simple Int nodes give you almost as much damage but also ES. And if you get a jewel socket or a notable such as Trickery for those 3 nodes then you get more damage AND more ES.

"
Selvam wrote:
because EO is used do we have to make sure there isnt any elemental damage to attack mods on our gloves? i have two pairs of decent es gloves one has cold dmg to attacks on it and the other one has fire dmg to attacks. can anyone advise me?

You are confusing EO with EE. ;)

"
classyjoes wrote:
Thirdly I wanted to ask if you had any advice for the Rigwald fight (dark forest map?) map dom/ mala was easy but he one shotted me in his wolf form and kinda ate my face. Luckily Dom dropped another dark Forrest map, but I wanted to try and see if there was anything I could be doing wrong before I tried it again.

Video: Twinned Rigwald
Rigwald does massive physical damage and bleeding. He is the actual boss of T15 now since Core got nerfed into the ground. You need to bring Granite and Basalt flasks and something for the bleeding:

If you are not well geared you want to hide behind a tree when he starts shooting his wolf barrage. Another option is to simply run from the wolf - pop a Quicksilver flask when he starts turning into the wolf and run.

Each of the 5 areas within the arena has its own effect, they are randomized every time. Avoid the one that pops a green circle on the ground that chases you, it does a massive phys degen. If Rigwald happens to be in that area then you need to lure him out by attacking from range.

Do not try this with Vulnerability, Temp Chains or faster monster/boss.

"
Domosed wrote:
viable for HC?

Yes. There is a HC guide for the Scion version of the build from a real HC player. I imagine it can be applied to the Witch version as well.

Last edited by Kelvynn on Sep 13, 2016, 3:33:05 AM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
reliq wrote:

Just outleech it. If the map is also ele reflect (or you meet a reflective rare) - use a Ruby flask. There are very few specific bosses that require resist flasks of the corresponding type.

"
Rivx wrote:
Some map bosses can one-shot you with certain mods if your resists are in the 50s. For instance GMP on shotgunning bosses can hurt a LOT. Essence mobs can also cause issues though they don't tend to have single hit high damage attacks.

I can't think of anything below Tier 16 that can 1-shot me with EW. Just cast Icestorm on them and leap onto them, and then the leech takes care of the rest. I've done T16 Phoenix with EW -maxres just fine with the Uber Atziri setup (Purity of Fire). Do you have a non-T16 example?

I think you are overselling it ;) The build is pretty good but you can get OS by non-T16 map boss.
Try facetank GMP doedre, when she throw 3 proj it becomes 9 or 12 and explosion overlaps. Even with 10k ES, you are just dead.
New orchard boss with GMP as well is pretty RIP (let's say with turbo mod and temp chain if you really want to argue about that :)

conclusion: you can't outleech everything in non-T16.
"
reliq wrote:
I think you are overselling it ;) The build is pretty good but you can get OS by non-T16 map boss.
Try facetank GMP doedre, when she throw 3 proj it becomes 9 or 12 and explosion overlaps. Even with 10k ES, you are just dead.
New orchard boss with GMP as well is pretty RIP (let's say with turbo mod and temp chain if you really want to argue about that :)

conclusion: you can't outleech everything in non-T16.

Which Doedre? The one in Core? Or some other map?

I'll roll Doedre and Orchard with GMP+EW just for you. :)

There you go:
New video: Orchard+EW+GMP-MAXRES
Her laser beam does more damage the further you are from her. You can see it changing radius. That's a very nice hint by GGG: concentrated effect!

Simply jump on her and ROFLSTOMP her. :) I've already done the harder version of her in the Plaza map in the previous league, twinned, before she was nerfed in 2.4 - it's in the top post.

I'd do Core+EW+GMP as well, but it's very easy too, especially now that Core is a joke compared to what it used to be before 2.4. But my other video is almost done uploading... ;)
Last edited by Kelvynn on Sep 13, 2016, 5:19:48 AM
New video: Hey Shaper, get bent!

GGG fixed most of the bugs with this encounter, so I farmed me another set and tried it again. Last time I figured out that most (if not all) of his damage was cold, so now it was just a matter of execution. It wasn't flawless, but I will keep working on the strategy and execution. This build can faceroll The Shaper. Cannot say yet how much ES and DPS is required, my gear in Standard is pretty godly. This is just a first kill.

Now that this is done, I'll jump into the league and try something new there.
So quick question before I go on a bit of a story-time: What do you think about Hypothermia support as an inbetween for increased AOE and Conc effect? It should almost always be procced because of the chilled ground right? Not sure if the freeze will work since we're using ele focus.

Anyway, I've been doing this build in HC Essence league, did it as my starter build.

It's been an interesting experience. I went CI a little later than 33, since I didn't even have a whispering ice yet, I think I was around 40-45. It's a very different experience not being able to rely on flasks, this was my first time doing a full ES build.

I definitely felt strong, but leveling was very stressful, multiple times dropping down to 10%, mostly from getting hit by multiple enemies as I jumped in, or from multiple ranged monsters hitting me at the same time.

There was definitely a point where I hit a wall in Cruel trying to kill Daresso. The swords just wreck through low ES from bad equipment with no mitigation. Wish I had some basalts or granites at that point.

I had to spend a lot of time grinding Cruel dried lake to get enough currency for an Astramentis and a few pieces of gear before I felt comfortable enough. (Astramentis is hilariously expensive for some reason). I tried to 5S or 6S my Whispering Ice, spent about 110 self found jewellers, but no luck, still had 4S when I killed Daresso, and then Malachai at level 66.

Just getting into Merciless now, sitting at 61/49/46 I have no idea how I'm going to be able to cap resists even without running the doedre +1 curse ring.

Despite the tribulations, it's been fun, and I hope I can really bring it all to fruition come end-game.
Last edited by Shiverwarp on Sep 13, 2016, 7:28:23 AM
"
Shiverwarp wrote:
So quick question before I go on a bit of a story-time: What do you think about Hypothermia support as an inbetween for increased AOE and Conc effect? It should almost always be procced because of the chilled ground right? Not sure if the freeze will work since we're using ele focus.

Anyway, I've been doing this build in HC Essence league, did it as my starter build.

It's been an interesting experience. I went CI a little later than 33, since I didn't even have a whispering ice yet, I think I was around 40-45. It's a very different experience not being able to rely on flasks, this was my first time doing a full ES build.

I definitely felt strong, but leveling was very stressful, multiple times dropping down to 10%, mostly from getting hit by multiple enemies as I jumped in, or from multiple ranged monsters hitting me at the same time.

There was definitely a point where I hit a wall in Cruel trying to kill Daresso. The swords just wreck through low ES from bad equipment with no mitigation. Wish I had some basalts or granites at that point.

I had to spend a lot of time grinding Cruel dried lake to get enough currency for an Astramentis and a few pieces of gear before I felt comfortable enough. (Astramentis is hilariously expensive for some reason). I tried to 5S or 6S my Whispering Ice, spent about 110 self found jewellers, but no luck, still had 4S when I killed Daresso, and then Malachai at level 66.

Just getting into Merciless now, sitting at 61/49/46 I have no idea how I'm going to be able to cap resists even without running the doedre +1 curse ring.

Despite the tribulations, it's been fun, and I hope I can really bring it all to fruition come end-game.

Wow, you are a brave one! Usually people try it in SC first, or at least in the main HC league where they can afford the gear from the start.

Hypothermia was already discussed and rejected: it's less DPS than any of the gems we use, and then there are bosses that are immune to chill. Freeze we don't do at all because our damage is 100% converted to fire.

Daresso is the hardest boss in the storyline content for this build. You want to bring some granite and basalt flasks for him. And keep in mind that you cannot leech from him when he goes into his resting mode but his swords still spawn and wreck you regardless of what he is doing.
Hi i tried to combinate your build and (waffleT whispering ice guardian) with my guardian. what do you think about it ?

you can see my skilltree at my char. its set to public

my stats :

lvl 90
8664 energy shield
274/2286 Mana
7348 dmg
1869 int

3037 armour
all resistance at 81 %
chance to block 19% ( every 5 sec 69% )

I have good armour high resistance and also 2 curses ( enfeeble + warlords mark ) up more or less all the time.
what do you think about it ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info