[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

Such an awesome build, steamrolling made so easy and cheap.
"
iDeeps wrote:
A week into ESC and the build is going strong core mala down deathless will try harder content when i've done my uber ascendency and got int onto boots.

damn how much did that chest set u back. its hella sexy
How much damage/ES would you need for regular Atziri?
Switching over from SRS as this build intrigues me. Spent all yesterday trading for my gear and here is what I got...

I exalted the hybrid on chest and was extremely lucky! I hope today goes well.
"
reliq wrote:
Would you consider occultist instead of elementalist ? The dmg boost is not that significant while occultist gives you a free curse (hence you swap doedre for perandus signet) and insane ES regen.

The stun immunity on full ES sounds good too on paper and that means tons of points you could re-arrange on the tree (night b wrong on that but the above looks good stuff to consider).

But ultimately the templar looks the best class once you buy the right gear.

Anyway, having fun once swapped to CI at around lvl70. THe leveling is always a pain in the ass for caster... range phys damage killed me a bunch of times...

Edit: fun fact with your standard character, you have 1699 INT, if you add +1 you will get the bonus for ice storm duration (for each 100 INT). Due to how the computation happens, your 99 INT is not taken into account haha (you should be at 5.87 duration instead of 5.66 currently).

"The dmg boost is not significant" ?? Umm... Elementalist's DPS boost from Ascendancy is VERY significant. Please read the Details in the Offense section of Build Theory.

No amount of ES regen is enough for endgame content. And you will rarely be at full ES in any serious encounter either. There is an OCC WI build. I highly doubt it can get very far in the endgame.

And if you think that leveling as CI with this build is hard then you are not doing it right. Most of the troubleshooting section addresses the mistakes made while leveling. Ranged phys attackers have nothing on this build. Stop thinking like a caster. This is a TANK.

My Std league char's Int is 1797 and the Icestorm duration is 5.87. I guess it's close to another margin, yeah. Although at that point it's not really important.
Played this build and im into t12~15 maps it's super easy just jump in and facetank everything
my gear im trying to get better chest atm or +1 curse amu
Is there a spot for the new unique ring that takes care of stun in this build ? obviously it is good for leveling, but what about endgame ? (Valyrium moonstone ring)
You can get +1 curse on amulet ^^ and drop the +1 curse ring ...
Btw. would EQ work with this build ?

You should add to -cons for this build ...
That you don't want to go back to another build because facetanking pretty much everything is so awesome
Last edited by AiMBOYrEE on Sep 10, 2016, 5:30:42 PM
Valyrium is better for occultist variant of this build since you get higher max ES and stun threshold, also the occultist variant doesn't run Pyre so you still have another ring slot open.

Personally I still followed this build but used Valyrium until level 80 or so when I got Unwavering Stance on the tree.
My gear.

Killed Atziri first time in my life with this build at level 86 and died only five times, leech is very slow and can't regen damage of the last one of the trio and of Atziri's flameblast.

Vault boss is a no-go too, cause I could outleech damage from 4-5 guardians, but they could kill you faster then 1 sec without leech.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

I think with a 5-link, more mana (and not just 150) (need Enlighten leveled) and Leap Slam things will be better.
Last edited by Ksakep on Sep 11, 2016, 3:41:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info