[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

"
xspeed1 wrote:
Hi man, I have an old AOF WI witch that I want to revive through your build, but I was wondering after seeing your tree, how do you effectively trigger the "Elemental Overlord" node? You need to crit to activate it but your build is not crit based and you said that you use orb of storm to activate it but I still don't understand, Orb of storm also needs to crit to trigger it... How does it work?

Thanks, and your build looks very nice!

The build isn't crit based but you still have base crit that triggers EO from time to time.

Also would it be worth to run Concentrated Effect with Increased AoE instead of Controlled Destruction? 44% spell damage less but with a much more comfortable AoE that hits more enemies and 1.5% more crit chance for more EO uptime seems like a nice trade.
Last edited by Voroseeg on Jul 17, 2016, 3:31:02 PM
"
rafagisloti wrote:
I have a question: Is Perandus Signet worth to the build?

Maybe the legacy (3%) one in Standard, and maybe at higher levels. At lv 93 in the league with my gear it's still a sidegrade (slightly more ES, slightly less DPS if I switch back to the Scion-like scheme with Perandus+AoF+CtF). The Scion version has higher Int, and my Scion in Standard is lv 98, and I have the legacy Perandus there - all that works well for the Scion. But for the Witch in a new league there is no reason to buy it except for Uber Atziri, or if you manage to get your hands on a +1 curse Astramentis.

"
xspeed1 wrote:
Hi man, I have an old AOF WI witch that I want to revive through your build, but I was wondering after seeing your tree, how do you effectively trigger the "Elemental Overlord" node? You need to crit to activate it but your build is not crit based and you said that you use orb of storm to activate it but I still don't understand, Orb of storm also needs to crit to trigger it... How does it work?

Thanks, and your build looks very nice!

Orb of Storms. It produces a lot of hits and has a high crit rate. It crits often enough to trigger EO reliably. Try it, you'll see.

"
Voroseeg wrote:
Also would it be worth to run Concentrated Effect with Increased AoE instead of Controlled Destruction? 44% spell damage less but with a much more comfortable AoE that hits more enemies and 1.5% more crit chance for more EO uptime seems like a nice trade.

This is not a crit build. We don't need Icestorm to crit. 5% or 6.5% crit rate doesn't matter. It already does enough DPS without critting, so no need to sacrifice CD or CE for some tiny crit chance increase.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jul 18, 2016, 1:21:52 AM
Hi great build:) im 74lvl now and gear for now:
I'm generally just a forum lurker, but i felt drawn to actually write a word or two on trying out this build.

This is the smoothest leveling experience i've ever experienced. I thought it was my sunder Marauder in twinked lvling uniques prior to this one.

This one topped it all, also the aspect of gathering the gear needed for CI lvling makes it a really strong contender for new league build as you clearly stated. it's easier to find / search for rares with int + es + some res than some good lvling uniques - i would think atleast.

I just managed to hit 62 at A4 Merciless, i'm steamrolling everything and i can't wait to venture further with this and try the hardest content later.

Albeit, I do have a few questions!:

My friends would love an MF Culler for mapping purposes (not the highest content necessarily)..

Firstly;
I was thinking of weapon swopping for a MF Culler setup? In a 6S WI, which gems would you replace for i.e "Culling Strike" and "Increased Item Rarity" and perhaps also for "Increased Area of Effect"

Secondly;
Since Auxium is mandatory alongside other uniques in this build, the increased IIR / IIQ would have to come from helm?, gloves, boots and one ring aswell as one IIR gem (playing Prophecy). Which options would be the better choice?

Lastly; would it be totally unneccesary to try to deck this one out with culling mf, if by doing so, results in a decrease in content farmable i.e party uber atziri party uber lab as well as council.

Kindest Regards
Matt
Last edited by Yunojelly on Jul 23, 2016, 5:41:28 PM
If you want to play a culler, you can use IIR-Culling instead of CE-FP.

And then it depends on your role in your party. If you are not tanking then you don't need the CWDT curses and can use MF belt instead of Auxium and optionally an MF ring instead of Doedre's. You can put Orb of Storms into the curse link instead of Ball Lightning.
I find Berserker is actually a really good ascendancy for this build.

Free 1%-3% mana/life leech, 100% leech when getting hit hard (This is amazingly overpowered, basically immortal if not one-shot).

So no need for warlord's mark, no need life leech gem, free a link and a curse, big deal.

the 40% More damage is just icing on top.

I have a BBBRRG corrupted Whispering Ice. What would you guys recommend as the best green gem for the most damage? Added cold?
Last edited by Massy on Jul 25, 2016, 3:17:52 AM
@nvm
Going to try this build, will be back soon.
Last edited by PoweredGiraffe on Jul 25, 2016, 4:58:33 AM
"
WWBarb wrote:
I find Berserker is actually a really good ascendancy for this build.

Free 1%-3% mana/life leech, 100% leech when getting hit hard (This is amazingly overpowered, basically immortal if not one-shot).

So no need for warlord's mark, no need life leech gem, free a link and a curse, big deal.

the 40% More damage is just icing on top.

You are mistaken and/or confusing Ascendant Berserker with the Marauder Berserker.

There is no 1-3% free mana/life leech. Ascendant Berserker's 1% leech (life only) was nerfed and only works if you constantly keep killing something, i.e. only on trash clearing where it's not really needed. It doesn't work against the bosses.

40% MORE damage is also the Marauder feature. Ascendant Berserker only gets 10% MORE damage.

Savage Hit does not work with CI at all. Savage Hit = a hit that removes at least 15% of the target's max life. Any hit that removes any life from a CI character kills it.

ETA: Oops, this is not even the Scion version of the build. I thought I was reading the Scion thread. :) So I have no idea what you meant then. If you are saying that Marauder would do better than Witch just because of that Ascendancy class - I strongly doubt that. Elementalist is a whole of a lot better.

"
Massy wrote:
I have a BBBRRG corrupted Whispering Ice. What would you guys recommend as the best green gem for the most damage? Added cold?

I recommend using lv 8 Vorici 1B for 4 chrom + 4 vaal until you get the desired colors. Shouldn't be too expensive with average luck.

But if you can't do that then Hypothermia or Culling Strike. Icestorm creates chilled ground regardless of the damage conversion to fire. AA also chills everything that hits you. Everything that's not immune to chill is chilled and subject to Hypothermia.

Culling Strike is effectively 10% MORE damage + 39% increased damage + 10% increased cast speed, and it works against the chill immune bosses.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jul 25, 2016, 4:25:20 PM

I am talking about the Marauder berserker, since you went all the way to grab UA, passive skill point wise it is close to witch.I just realized savage hit not working with CI.

So basically it is free leech + 40% damage vs

50% reflect and some damage.
Last edited by WWBarb on Jul 26, 2016, 5:32:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info