[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

What should my stats be to be able to do uber lab or uber atziri? Does my level matter?

I have 6.5k ES, 6k dmg in HO (pendulum up) and I can probably get it to 6500ish damage because I still have 2 bad jewels.
Just got 1 simple question, you're leveling with CI from lvl 33 without using chayula and your only getting unwavering stance until very late game, Ain't that an issue or a bit sketchy? Asking since i want to do this in HC. Cheers and thanks in advance! Looking forward to try that version ^^

Edit: If you don't mind telling me how that is a good starting build on new league if Astramentis is required to function properly those doesnt sell very cheaply early on might no be able to get one until a week or two ?
Last edited by coulombe123 on Jul 26, 2016, 8:52:34 PM
"
WWBarb wrote:
I am talking about the Marauder berserker, since you went all the way to grab UA, passive skill point wise it is close to witch.I just realized savage hit not working with CI.

So basically it is free leech + 40% damage vs

50% reflect and some damage.

The problem with that 'free leech' is that it only works as long as you keep killing. It won't be there against the bosses. Berserker without WM aura will simply run out of mana on the boss fights.

40% MORE damage is the only real thing Berserker gets. Almost everything else on his Ascendancy tree is wasted on this build. Elementalist gets huge amount of damage from all of her Ascendancy nodes, I'm positive that it's more than the 40% MORE that Berserker gets.

And then there is the reflect. Which is a BIG deal.

The tree would be almost the same for either class. Marauder would have to travel to get CI, GR, VP at like lv 80. He definitely cannot level as CI, but that's fine, Earthquake is totally OP for leveling, you can switch to CI later. If you want to give it a try - go ahead and let me know how it goes.
"
Massy wrote:
What should my stats be to be able to do uber lab or uber atziri? Does my level matter?

I have 6.5k ES, 6k dmg in HO (pendulum up) and I can probably get it to 6500ish damage because I still have 2 bad jewels.

Level doesn't matter as long as you have the tree nodes and the dps. But getting them without reaching the same levels would mean skipping something important.

Uber Lab and Uber Atziri are on different difficulty tiers. You can do Uber Lab at like lv 75 with good gear and some luck, or just pick a day when Izaro has portals, i.e. the adds for you to kill and leech from. You don't have to tank Izaro. There is tons of space, you can always just kite him around the room with Quicksilver flasks. To be safe, I'd recommend 7k ES (he can whack you for 6k sometimes). 6k Icestorm dmg is fine.

Uber Atziri is a totally different story. I would recommend at least 7.5k ES and 6-7k Icestorm IN TOWN (that's the easiest way to measure it for the Witch). You don't need 3 curses against her, but you do need all the DPS you can get. So probably lv 85 or higher.

"
coulombe123 wrote:
Just got 1 simple question, you're leveling with CI from lvl 33 without using chayula and your only getting unwavering stance until very late game, Ain't that an issue or a bit sketchy? Asking since i want to do this in HC. Cheers and thanks in advance! Looking forward to try that version ^^

Edit: If you don't mind telling me how that is a good starting build on new league if Astramentis is required to function properly those doesnt sell very cheaply early on might no be able to get one until a week or two ?

Stun is not an issue until high tier maps. You can level in the Lake easily and quickly until you get US. And that's what HC chars do, don't they? :)

Where does it say that this is a good starting build in a new league? I have never started with it personally. You must get WI first anyway. And that's usually harder than getting Astramentis. It depends on the league. Last 2 leagues have been very easy on our uniques. Still, you want to farm some currency to buy the good rares. I typically start with a cheap and ezmode lake farmer char that paves the way for my main build.

Playing in HC is very different too. Check out the Scion guide, there is a post (linked in Q&A) from a HC player who enjoyed this build in HC and made a mini-guide for it.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jul 26, 2016, 10:32:59 PM
SO i managed to get my Mortal set and got Uber Atziri down but it wasnt as smooth as your vid (first time uber for me). I saw you change some gems before the fight. Might to share what exactly? my eyes are failing me and i cant figure it out.
BTW, since i got some cheap gloves with 3 R and 1 G that were way better than the old ones i had(225 ES, 44 int and res), i decided to change to ice golem and the DPS went up alot. I can barely notice the difference in cast TBH and my tooltip DPS in town at lv 90 is like 11k, and 17k on the field. that taking in consideration i still need the 20 int node, and one more jewel node to put another Izaro jewel so it will go up higher i guess. Whats your opinion on the golem?
This is my current gear and i think final since i dont think more invesment is worth it since it can already clear everything:
Can I skip unwavering stance if I am going to use this char for farming uber bosses? Ive never done the end game bosses before so I don't know if stun immunity is necessary.
"
SO i managed to get my Mortal set and got Uber Atziri down but it wasnt as smooth as your vid (first time uber for me). I saw you change some gems before the fight. Might to share what exactly? my eyes are failing me and i cant figure it out.
BTW, since i got some cheap gloves with 3 R and 1 G that were way better than the old ones i had(225 ES, 44 int and res), i decided to change to ice golem and the DPS went up alot. I can barely notice the difference in cast TBH and my tooltip DPS in town at lv 90 is like 11k, and 17k on the field. that taking in consideration i still need the 20 int node, and one more jewel node to put another Izaro jewel so it will go up higher i guess. Whats your opinion on the golem?

Turn on the annotations while watching the video for detailed description of every step. Of course your 1st kill wouldn't go as smooth as the video (which was my 4th Uber run in this league, but I've done her a lot in Standard during 2.2 with the Scion version of this build).

Ice Golem increases the Icestorm tooltip, but that's not your actual dps. The increased cast speed from the Lightning golem results in more actual dps. You can still use the Ice golem too, since you got those 4-off color gloves. But in my experience, Lightning is better for this build.

Your gear is good. The chest armor could be upgraded to higher ES and Int, and more movespeed on the boots could be good too.

"
Massy wrote:
Can I skip unwavering stance if I am going to use this char for farming uber bosses? Ive never done the end game bosses before so I don't know if stun immunity is necessary.

Uber bosses? If you mean Uber Atziri, then you can easily get stunlocked by the Trio without US. And if you mean high tier maps, then many of them can stun and kill you without US too: Necropolis Merveil, Chateau Argus, Excavation trio, Colosseum Daresso, Core Malachai, maybe some others I don't remember. Going into high tier maps as CI without stun immunity is very risky.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Jul 27, 2016, 10:23:18 PM
"
WWBarb wrote:
I find Berserker is actually a really good ascendancy for this build.

Free 1%-3% mana/life leech, 100% leech when getting hit hard (This is amazingly overpowered, basically immortal if not one-shot).

So no need for warlord's mark, no need life leech gem, free a link and a curse, big deal.

the 40% More damage is just icing on top.

"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
WWBarb wrote:
I am talking about the Marauder berserker, since you went all the way to grab UA, passive skill point wise it is close to witch.I just realized savage hit not working with CI.

So basically it is free leech + 40% damage vs

50% reflect and some damage.

The problem with that 'free leech' is that it only works as long as you keep killing. It won't be there against the bosses. Berserker without WM aura will simply run out of mana on the boss fights.

40% MORE damage is the only real thing Berserker gets. Almost everything else on his Ascendancy tree is wasted on this build. Elementalist gets huge amount of damage from all of her Ascendancy nodes, I'm positive that it's more than the 40% MORE that Berserker gets.

And then there is the reflect. Which is a BIG deal.

The tree would be almost the same for either class. Marauder would have to travel to get CI, GR, VP at like lv 80. He definitely cannot level as CI, but that's fine, Earthquake is totally OP for leveling, you can switch to CI later. If you want to give it a try - go ahead and let me know how it goes.

you are both wrong when it comes to the marauder berserker ascendancy.

first, the pain reaver node of the marauder berserker ascendancy has been changed in the recent patch to be working permanently with 1% life and mana leech, having killed recently is no longer required! having killed recently adds another 2% life/mana leech for a total of 3%.

second, savage hits get only triggered if you lose a certain percentage of life. therefore, CI builds cannot use it.

ofc, wwmark is still right: marauder berserker makes for a great WI build. this is what I played this league and it works like a charm.

here is how it goes: since you can convert most of the travel nodes into int, using the marauder start only loses us 2 passive points, no big deal. the permanent life and mana leech means we dont need the life leech gem (which means we gain a 45% more multiplier compared to the scion or witch versions.) we also dont need warlords mark up permanently anymore. the 35% mana this frees up is used to run purity of elements to compensate for the smaller amount of res the berserker tree has when compared to scion or witch. then, I am using a lvl 1 cwdt linked with lvl 5 warlords mark.

thus, when I hit a reflect mob, it is cursed with warlords mark after the first ice shard hits it (which on its own is never gonna pose a threat of oneshotting...). from the second shard onward, I have at least 3% leech. ele reflect returns at most 20% of the elemental damage taken back to the attacker. with 75% res, this becomes 5% of damage dealt. with arctic armor, this becomes 4.4% or something like that. so even if I havent killed recently, the gap becomes small enough to cover it with a ruby flask. IF I have killed recently, I have 3% leech from pain reaver plus 2% from warlords mark for a total of 5% and I'm set. (and would still be set even witout AA or fortify!)

therefore, the build can comfortably run ele reflect maps. the only catch is to always pop a ruby flask when hitting a new pack after a longer travel period to bridge the time till pain reaver's 2% additional life leech kicks in after killing the first mob of the new pack. it might be worth switching purity of elements for purity of fire on ele reflect maps, particularly if its a high map where the boss fight might take longer than a couple of seconds.

I even full cleared an ele weakness -max ele reflect map with my WI Berserker this league and took a screenshot:

note that I was running with purity of elements, purity of fire and arctic armor, skipping on discipline for this particular map. I had already switched back to my regular setup when I went back in to take this screenshot.

so yea, ele reflect is not an issue at all for a berserker WI char. damage wise, since it gets a 40% multiplier from the ascendancy and can replace life leech with contr destruction, the berserker version comes out with around 17.5% more damage despite the myriad of "smaller" buffs the elementalist version gets. the only downside is the the berserker build is weaker against general damage reflect like atziri, my WI Berserker cannot stand in the middle of the split phase and spam away at them.
What's better to use lv 70, perandus or doedres ? I dont have a good chest yet, im trying to craft a good one.
For some reason when I use divination flask it works for about 1 second then the effect disappears. Anyone else having this issue?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info