[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

Whats the pro and cons of going deodre ring vs perandus? with axium, perandus gives 12% increased intelligence, so I was wondering if losing the temporal chains curse is worth getting an additional 12% increased intelligence (also quicker for farming purposes?)

If it's pretty equal, is there a skill build that you'd all recommend if I went perandus instead of deodre?
Died once to Sulphur Boss. He was a warband member who used whirlwind a lot.

Killed volcano boss like it was nothing. (probably boss itself is a joke)
Hello there, I have tried this build but cannot get it to work properly. I only have 900INT(as well as other things being low)-- if there is any chance you could help me that would be great. The character I am running is IDESNY the level 87 elementalist in breach. I will bookmark this page but if you could either pm me or respond that would be great.

I know there are a few things different from your build I just don't have the current funds to upgrade much. Let me know what I need to upgrade first 2nd and 3rd or something. Thanks.
Last edited by xBlitZlp on Dec 26, 2016, 4:04:24 PM
"
ToffeeSundae wrote:
Whats the pro and cons of going deodre ring vs perandus? with axium, perandus gives 12% increased intelligence, so I was wondering if losing the temporal chains curse is worth getting an additional 12% increased intelligence (also quicker for farming purposes?)

If it's pretty equal, is there a skill build that you'd all recommend if I went perandus instead of deodre?

It's personal choice if u feel u need temporal chains. I am running without it (t15, chimera, breaches) and I don't feel it would be useful at any point. Just test things and see how it feels.

As far as perandus ring + auxium goes. To beat essence crafted belt (50+int) + rare ring (60+int) considering u getting 0.33 extra int from staff+helmet for a total of 146.3+ int. U need around 1250 base int. My character without rare ring and belt has 1151 and I have pretty good gear with some very good jewels. U can check my gear at my character page.

Dropping temp chains also helps with capping resistances. Especially if like me u like to have ele weakness capped resists. Rare ring can give 60+ resits and u still have prefixes open.
U can also drop astramentis and get 100+int rare amulet with resits and ES since u don't need that much dex.

"
xBlitZlp wrote:

I know there are a few things different from your build I just don't have the current funds to upgrade much. Let me know what I need to upgrade first 2nd and 3rd or something. Thanks.

Make your characters public.
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
broseidon07 wrote:
Alright OP, spill the beans.

Do you think your berserker version of this build is coming along better than elementalist? Obviously you have more leech, a 40% more modifier, and can't be stunned, but you take more damage and lose a lot of increase damages from ele, double golem, increased aoe, etc.

Thoughts so far?

Berserker version is definitely coming. Thanks to the holidays, I got time to play a lot this weekend :)

Shaper down on first try. D4t l33ch! :)) For that particular encounter Berserker is totally awesome. Hydra was also much easier than I expected. I'm going to make a thread for that version, with the vids and all that.

Berserker is fast, strong and very leechy. Dealing with known enemies is very easy, including all endgame bosses. Ele reflect is also not a problem (although you can't completely ignore it like this version). But he is also more vulnerable to 1-shots and stun. He can die to random things that are hard to prepare for, like +dmg/crit mods or -maxres/volatile rare sneaking up on you. 10% inc damage taken doesn't hurt as much as the absence of any elemental defenses in his Ascendancy. He's immune to stun most of the time ('if killed recently'), so I went without US. That means he has to take extra care not to get stunned by the bosses, and suddenly the things that you never noticed with US can kill you: Merveil!

So I dunno about 'better than Elementalist'. But it's definitely a fun new class to try with WI.
out of curiosity: why are you using the life leech gem? wouldnt it offer substantially more damage (and thus compensate for quite some of the lost leech) to use a damage gem instead?

Last edited by Black_Gun on Dec 26, 2016, 5:00:36 PM
Made public I believe.
"
xBlitZlp wrote:
Made public I believe.

From quick look:
Helmet: Black Sun Crest will give u +100int, u don't have to buy top roll, buy eg. +12inc int.
Belt: Buy crystal belt(10c), if u don't have a lot of money roll with only Shrieking Essence of Spite(10c), whatever rolls u get it will be better than auxium.

When u will be richer:
Crystal belt with Deafening essence of spite and u would like to get on it 2x resist + flat es is the best thing.
Chest with 40+ int and around 700 es;]
Last edited by Nihu on Dec 26, 2016, 5:07:38 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:

"
ruikarikun1 wrote:
Also in first post, in the "stats" spoiler there is an image "Icestorm stats in combat (with the golems, EO, Pendulum and Mastermind active)". On this image I see a couple "life leech from...", and when I open my offense in combat I don't se any of this "life leech", but I have this game on my stuff, strange?)

Are you in the Offense tab with Icestorm selected? 2% leech is from the LL gem.

Oops, yes it was my mistake there, thx)
Last edited by ruikarikun1 on Dec 26, 2016, 5:13:37 PM
"
Black_Gun wrote:
out of curiosity: why are you using the life leech gem? wouldnt it offer substantially more damage (and thus compensate for quite some of the lost leech) to use a damage gem instead?

I tried going without LL at first but died too often for my taste. Switched to LL and it became really safe and comfortable. The damage is more than enough for everything except Uul and Chayula domains where LL indeed gets switched out.
"
xBlitZlp wrote:
Made public I believe.

Zero Int on chest. Get a chest with Int.
14% Int on WI. Get a 18% one.
Helmet not from this build. Get Black Sun Crest with 13% Int or better.
Foresight. Refund.
Melding + Energy from Within. Refund and get a jewel from this build.

You seem to have missed this point: ES comes from Int for this build.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Dec 26, 2016, 5:30:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info