[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

"
ruikarikun1 wrote:
Overgrown Ruin map (corrupted) 3 boss. They kill me alot, and I didn't finish map. Are these map bosses strong or I did something wrong?

they can be very strong and are generally considered to be very dangerous and rippy. when playing WI, however, I never had issues with them.
lol. the Whakaasfasd Tauhu Map is so hard with WI. Leap Slam is a lil bit slow to keep up with the boss teleports. it cant kill you tho but you will have a hard time chasing it around. I ended up asking for help
anybody tried the breach domains from what i can see it would be too slow to do UuL or Chayula
"
rigzaggon wrote:
Switched to CI at lvl 33 and then got 1 shot by cruel brutus.

7/10 would not follow leveling guide in HC.
Then you didn't have enough INT/Flat ES.
U MAD?
What is better "45% increased Enfeeble Duration" or "20% increased Enfeeble Curse Effect" (on helmet)?
Last edited by ruikarikun1 on Dec 26, 2016, 12:11:08 PM
"
ruikarikun1 wrote:
What is better "45% increased Enfeeble Duration" or "20% increased Enfeeble Curse Effect" (on helmet)?

Effect is always better IMO.
U MAD?
"
Docbp87 wrote:
"
ruikarikun1 wrote:

Effect is always better IMO.

Thanks.

Also in first post, in the "stats" spoiler there is an image "Icestorm stats in combat (with the golems, EO, Pendulum and Mastermind active)". On this image I see a couple "life leech from...", and when I open my offense in combat I don't se any of this "life leech", but I have this game on my stuff, strange?)
"
shadowraiden wrote:
anybody tried the breach domains from what i can see it would be too slow to do UuL or Chayula
I did Uul without any problems have not tried Chayula yet.
"
broseidon07 wrote:
Alright OP, spill the beans.

Do you think your berserker version of this build is coming along better than elementalist? Obviously you have more leech, a 40% more modifier, and can't be stunned, but you take more damage and lose a lot of increase damages from ele, double golem, increased aoe, etc.

Thoughts so far?

Berserker version is definitely coming. Thanks to the holidays, I got time to play a lot this weekend :)

Shaper down on first try. D4t l33ch! :)) For that particular encounter Berserker is totally awesome. Hydra was also much easier than I expected. I'm going to make a thread for that version, with the vids and all that.

Berserker is fast, strong and very leechy. Dealing with known enemies is very easy, including all endgame bosses. Ele reflect is also not a problem (although you can't completely ignore it like this version). But he is also more vulnerable to 1-shots and stun. He can die to random things that are hard to prepare for, like +dmg/crit mods or -maxres/volatile rare sneaking up on you. 10% inc damage taken doesn't hurt as much as the absence of any elemental defenses in his Ascendancy. He's immune to stun most of the time ('if killed recently'), so I went without US. That means he has to take extra care not to get stunned by the bosses, and suddenly the things that you never noticed with US can kill you: Merveil!

So I dunno about 'better than Elementalist'. But it's definitely a fun new class to try with WI.

"
Very fun and strong build. The only thing bothers me it to get my enlighten to lvl 3.

You don't need Enlighten lv 3 with the SR-CwC setup. I guess that's another reason to use it.

"
lakyljuk wrote:
I played templar version of this build in Essence league and i loved it. Now I would like to try witch version of it. I would like to ask, how viable it is in Breaches, if it can reliably kill Breach lords etc. I want some challenges done and i dont want to buy them all, think this witch could handle it? Thanks.

"
shadowraiden wrote:

All breaches and breachlords are a joke with any version of the build. The only problem is getting to Uul-Netol and Chayula. See page 171.

"
Meno80 wrote:

How do you feel about this ammy instead?

That's only 52 Int. It would be OK for lv 33, but it's a lv 65 amu so it's not good. You can most definitely find something with at least 70 Int until you get Astramentis. Small amounts of ES are irrelevant compared to what you get from Int (1500 Int = 300% inc ES).

"
AVtime1 wrote:
lol. the Whakaasfasd Tauhu Map is so hard with WI. Leap Slam is a lil bit slow to keep up with the boss teleports. it cant kill you tho but you will have a hard time chasing it around. I ended up asking for help

You are doing it wrong. Don't chase the boss. Pop an anti-freeze flask and spam Icestorm on YOURSELF.

"
ruikarikun1 wrote:
Also in first post, in the "stats" spoiler there is an image "Icestorm stats in combat (with the golems, EO, Pendulum and Mastermind active)". On this image I see a couple "life leech from...", and when I open my offense in combat I don't se any of this "life leech", but I have this game on my stuff, strange?)

Are you in the Offense tab with Icestorm selected? 2% leech is from the LL gem.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Dec 26, 2016, 2:38:17 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:

"
AVtime1 wrote:

You are doing it wrong. Don't chase the boss. Pop an anti-freeze flask and spam Icestorm on YOURSELF.

I still needed to edge up near the boss to trigger his teleport onto me. Otherwise, he stayed away and regened his shield.

What seemed to work better was to get him into a corner so he could not move for several seconds.

Now I understand why that unique map is the cheapest one...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info