[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

"
Serart wrote:
"
vpetrovgb wrote:
"
Jallan wrote:
Nice build!

I am planning on playing this build as a league starter upcoming league.

Do you have any idea of the price of the whispering ice staff about 1 week into the league (based on last leagues)?

I am planning on playing softcore

the build has become a bit meta now, expect the WI to cost arround 40c at the start.

Dont say things like that. I will never be able to afford 40c at 33 lvl.

well you dont have to buy the +18 int one, i started this league with the build and payed 20c for a +14% one within a few days of the league. Got well up to tier 15 with it so doesnt matter much, all you need is ilvl 50+ so you can actually 6s it
"
vpetrovgb wrote:
"
Serart wrote:
"
vpetrovgb wrote:

the build has become a bit meta now, expect the WI to cost arround 40c at the start.

Dont say things like that. I will never be able to afford 40c at 33 lvl.

well you dont have to buy the +18 int one, i started this league with the build and payed 20c for a +14% one within a few days of the league. Got well up to tier 15 with it so doesnt matter much, all you need is ilvl 50+ so you can actually 6s it

Thx for all the feedback.
Is there an occultist variant of the build?
hey there kelvynn is there any chance you could check out my toon ive spent near 11 ex in the past few days trying to min max as much as i can and i dont think ill be able to push it much further than what it is seeing as the last few upgrades no one is online or constanly afk chars name is Tongue_punch_fartbox im sitting at 1512 int at 86 11k buffed ice storm dps without flasks 7759 es over capped res i could probly push for the jewel slot at witch area i havnt got any izario jewels as the rolls were horrid for the ones on sale i could at best improve the rare jewels i have many regards
Last edited by suparasta on Nov 25, 2016, 3:21:53 AM
I'm considering playing this build next league and have some questions:

1) I wanted to ask about Avatar of Fire node, its just two points away.
It allows us to swap Pyre for Opal ring/Perandus Signet, but we can no longer benefit from Atziri's flask, which we don't use anyway. I think pros (extra ES/dmg) outweight the cons, but maybe i just don't see some "underwater rocks"?

2) Going lowlife - worth it? Extra damage is always nice, but...
Since tree has no mana reservation nodes lowlife will net at most 1 purity aura (fire/elements) and Clarity. At the same time we are no longer Chaos immune.

3) Emperor's jewels (%int and %allstats) - worth it? could they be used together or "limited:1" forces us to choose?

P.S. Played WI around a year ago, and i think Icetomb unique chest to be quite nice to level with. ~120ES, 30-40Int, and 50-75% coldres at lvl 39. Also dirt cheap.
Last edited by Khornaar on Nov 25, 2016, 5:50:10 PM
"
vpetrovgb wrote:

Nah, unless GGG nerfs Blade Flurry hard it will be the new meta. They are adding a support gem to put more DPS on top of the already OP skill.

I don't think WI will be much more expensive than in the last league. You don't need 18% to start.

"
fishinmyeyes wrote:

There was WI Occultist build in 2.3, not mine. OCC would lose way too much DPS compared to ELE. And no amount of ES regen can let you facetank endgame bosses, so it would have to dodge. With less DPS. I don't see a point.

"
suparasta wrote:
hey there kelvynn is there any chance you could check out my toon ive spent near 11 ex in the past few days trying to min max as much as i can and i dont think ill be able to push it much further than what it is seeing as the last few upgrades no one is online or constanly afk chars name is Tongue_punch_fartbox im sitting at 1512 int at 86 11k buffed ice storm dps without flasks 7759 es over capped res i could probly push for the jewel slot at witch area i havnt got any izario jewels as the rolls were horrid for the ones on sale i could at best improve the rare jewels i have many regards

I assume the league is completely dead at this point and you were Ok with overspending, since your stuff should not be worth anywhere near 10 ex. The chest, the gloves, the belt all can be upgraded. Also looks like you accidentally took an extra node near Nullification. But you are doing fine for lv 87 with lv 19 gems. Just get a few more levels, finish your gems, get better jewels, look for a better chest.

"
Khornaar wrote:

It allows us to swap Pyre for Opal ring/Perandus Signet, but we can no longer benefit from Atziri's flask, which we don't use anyway. I think pros (extra ES/dmg) outweight the cons, but maybe i just don't see some "underwater rocks"?

Since tree has no mana reservation nodes lowlife will net at most 1 purity aura (fire/elements) and Clarity. At the same time we are no longer Chaos immune.

3) Emperor's jewels (%int and %allstats) - worth it? could they be used together or "limited:1" forces us to choose?

P.S. Played WI around a year ago, and i think Icetomb unique chest to be quite nice to level with. ~120ES, 30-40Int, and 50-75% coldres at lvl 39. Also dirt cheap.

AoF+CtF+Perandus requires higher Int to be worth it, somewhere in the 1800+ ballpark. For starting in a new league Pyre+CD+2 nodes is better. Not to mention needing a Perandus (or a REALLY good Opal ring) and more resists on other items to go without Pyre. You can always switch later if your gear gets that good.

Low Life REQUIRES a Shav to even start playing. And then you need to do something about low ES, crappy resists and mana reservation issues. It's possible (and @Black_Gun says he even likes it) but it's for Standard or later in a league.

Emperor's jewels are good if you have nothing better to do with 7 ex. But not worth the price in a new league. It's a luxury upgrade for when you really have nothing better to get for that kinda currency.

You can definitely use Icetomb for leveling. But you can't use it at lv 33, and in every league so far I was able to find better Int/ES chests for 1 alc at lv 33 and lv 52.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Nov 26, 2016, 2:27:49 AM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
vpetrovgb wrote:

Nah, unless GGG nerfs Blade Flurry hard it will be the new meta. They are adding a support gem to put more DPS on top of the already OP skill.

I don't think WI will be much more expensive than in the last league. You don't need 18% to start.

"
fishinmyeyes wrote:

There was WI Occultist build in 2.3, not mine. OCC would lose way too much DPS compared to ELE. And no amount of ES regen can let you facetank endgame bosses, so it would have to dodge. With less DPS. I don't see a point.

"
suparasta wrote:

I assume the league is completely dead at this point and you were Ok with overspending, since your stuff should not be worth anywhere near 10 ex. The chest, the gloves, the belt all can be upgraded. Also looks like you accidentally took an extra node near Nullification. But you are doing fine for lv 87 with lv 19 gems. Just get a few more levels, finish your gems, get better jewels, look for a better chest.

"
Khornaar wrote:

AoF+CtF+Perandus requires higher Int to be worth it, somewhere in the 1800+ ballpark. For starting in a new league Pyre+CD+2 nodes is better. Not to mention needing a Perandus (or a REALLY good Opal ring) and more resists on other items to go without Pyre. You can always switch later if your gear gets that good.

Low Life REQUIRES a Shav to even start playing. And then you need to do something about low ES, crappy resists and mana reservation issues. It's possible (and @Black_Gun says he even likes it) but it's for Standard or later in a league.

Emperor's jewels are good if you have nothing better to do with 7 ex. But not worth the price in a new league. It's a luxury upgrade for when you really have nothing better to get for that kinda currency.

You can definitely use Icetomb for leveling. But you can't use it at lv 33, and in every league so far I was able to find better Int/ES chests for 1 alc at lv 33 and lv 52.

thanks for the reply i didnt acidently take extra node worked down to nulifaction last night 8013 es i literally cant get upgrades on belt or chest belt lacks all of 3 int and chest is so overpriced and near impossable to get a 50+ int chest again many regards i face tank t12+ maps in groups all day long :P
Thanks for the reply about the Occultist ascendancy. Also, just put together this build for fun in the last few days of Essence and I love it! Thank you for such an in-depth guide - the leveling section in particular was very useful. Genuinely surprised how easy the story is with this build once you hit level 33.

I will be doing the build again in Breach for sure, but is it worth doing it as a league starter or will be it difficult to gear early on?

Thanks again.
"
fishinmyeyes wrote:
I will be doing the build again in Breach for sure, but is it worth doing it as a league starter or will be it difficult to gear early on?

Getting the gear for leveling has never been hard at any point in the recent leagues. CI has been a meta for several leagues now, but you don't need the top ES rolls for this build. 1 alc market has never failed me.

I assume the hardest part will be getting the staff itself. It's not a super-rare unique, plus there is a prophecy for it now, so there is usually plenty of them around. You don't need a 18% one for leveling, any WI will do. Of course, the prices usually depend on the nuances of each particular league, hard to predict.

So I don't know about 'league starter', but you can play this build early enough in a new league, within days of the start for sure.
Blood Magic is GONE! Woot! Good fucking riddance!

Now this build is actually ALL-MOD.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info