[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

"
Khornaar wrote:
"
Black_Gun wrote:

its garbage.

40 spell damage is substantially worse than 40 or even higher int.
the ES value is easy to surpass on any 1 alch rare regalia.
10% inc aoe is nice sometimes and detrimental at other times.
5% increased damage taken is a very very bad mod.
energy shiedl recovery rate is quite worthless since we leech back our ES, we usually dont recover it.

so all in all, a 1 alch rare vaal regalia with 550+ ES and some 30+ int is easily better than beast fur.

Leech is form of recover. At least get your facts straight.

ES recovery rate is not the same as leech rate. and even if it was, it wouldnt make a difference since this build uses vaal pact anyway.
Question: Doedre's Damning or Perandus Signet?
Last edited by Vegetarian0 on Nov 30, 2016, 5:58:07 PM
"
Vegetarian0 wrote:

well, assuming you dont have access to a +1 curse astramentis, you will need to use one doedre's damning. so the true question is whether you want to use cold to fire, avatar of fire & perandus; or conc effect, pyre and 2 passives. in most cases, it doesnt make too much of a difference. IF you are comfortable with the radius that you get with conc effect for ordinary mapping, the latter is most likely gonna be stronger. I personally prefer c2f, aof and perandus.
"
Vegetarian0 wrote:

Depends.

The third curse trivializes many otherwise difficult encounters. Perandus would be worth it if you have a +1 curse Astramentis, or in a situation where a third curse isn't useful (Atziri, Hexproof maps).
"
Black_Gun wrote:
"
Kelvynn wrote:
Blood Magic is GONE! Woot! Good fucking riddance!

Now this build is actually ALL-MOD.

well, actually the extremely rare combination of "players cannot leech life, cannot leech mana" with "no life or mana regen" should still be impossible to do, due to mana issues. and ofc cannot leech is a no go on its own, even though it might be doable on something like shaped strand... ;)

I've done NoRegen NoLeech maps a few times, it's annoying but possible. One of them was actually a corrupted Minotaur map. Bring mana flasks and swap out Doedre's (and WM/Blasphemy) for this ring:

"
Hex_Whisperer wrote:
Hi Kelvynn. Just want to ask you some question about WI. (Sorry for my BAD English, I'm not a native English speaker.)

1. I drop out CWDT (level 1) & Ball Lightning (level 4), and use Orb of Storms to prop Enfeeble and Temporal Chains (and also Mastermind of Discord). By doing so I can add Enhance to increase Enfeeble's and Temporal Chains's effect, and one extra socket for Vaal Discipline. Is that worthy or not?

2. I've got another helmet (26INT, 400ES and one more free suffix for resistance), which gives me about 1.4K more ES (8.6K -> 10K), should I use it or should I just stick to Black Sun Crest? Black Sun Crest provide about 22% more DPS (~12% more flat damage and 0.44 more duration than the other helmet), but it has no ES and I have to squeeze one more skill point for lightning Res.

3. It's not a question (more like a complaint), in my server, +1 curse Astramentis costs 45EX lul. Don't know if it is worthy or not.

1. Using the Orb to deliver the curses is already the tactic for the top bosses. It's used for Uber Atziri, Phoenix, Minotaur (with bad mods) and the Shaper. It's just not convenient for normal mapping.

2. Has been answered a few times before. DPS > ES. Your main defense is DPS (leech), not raw ES. Black Sun is better than a rare helmet.

3. The +1 curse Astra is EXTREMELY rare and expensive. Don't even think about it unless your other gear is all godly. It's the ultimate upgrade for this build. You know, there are endgame builds that don't even work well without Skyforth... (check the prices on that item).

"
krofj wrote:
So i had Avatar of fire and cold to fire WI char. Reading this section was thinking about changing to this one. At the end of the day i lost around 1.2k dps. I lost around 2k ES. I'm kinda amused. Why i'm getting gutted by your build and why other one was just better? Gear is the same. Changed just few talents.

My build before yours.

http://tinyurl.com/gm6eqh2

That build was not using Vaal Pact. All the nodes leading to Vaal Pact were spent on extra fire DPS and ES nodes. Naturally, when you drop all those nodes and get VP you end up losing some ES and damage, not actually too much. But you gain something that you didn't have before: survivability vs endgame content. Basically you switch from a build that would die if it failed to dodge the boss to a build that can facetank the top bosses.

"
Vegetarian0 wrote:
I can't decide between this build or a SRS life based build.

Am I right to assume that having 8k ES in this build is a lot cheaper than 9k life in a SRS build where you depend on 7 or 8 jewels with "7% more life"?

I like the SRS gameplay, but it seems it's not cheap to do a Shaper viable build.

I'm fairly certain that 8k ES with any CI build is a lot cheaper than 9k life.

Other than that, comparing entirely different play styles is too subjective. My personal experience with SRS ended when I tried Hall of Grandmasters with it and couldn't do any damage whatsoever to some of its inhabitants.

"
Serart wrote:
So 2.5 The Curse Whisperer = ready to go? :) Still excellent viable?

Better than ever. The only impossible map mod is gone. Ele reflect mods are nerfed (doesn't matter for this version but excellent news for the other versions of this build). Nothing else changes for us. I'm going to do some small updates to the guide for all classes, plus create a new class version.

I also got bored and started playing in HC (from scratch; I never played in HC before) and had to deal with a virtually dead market and zero tolerance for dying, so there will be some tweaks for the leveling guide: how to use cheaper and more common items and take no risks whatsoever.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Nov 30, 2016, 9:51:07 PM
Is there an actual reason for Izaro Turmoil,besides the % to fire damage?
Thanks for the help, guys. I'm kind of new to the game and the build.
I'm waiting to the skill tree reset to play this build. Just one more thing:
How 2 golems from the CWTD works? Any moment will I have 2 golems at the same time?
Last edited by FreedomOI on Dec 1, 2016, 7:54:38 AM
"
In_Darkness wrote:
the build uses 100% cold to fire conversion, so izaros turmoil gives up to 50% increased damage.

"
Vegetarian0 wrote:
Just one more thing:
How 2 golems from the CWTD works? Any moment will I have 2 golems at the same time?

it doesnt work. you will have to selfcast at least one of the golems; and I personally strongly recommend selfcasting both. but thats not as bad as it sounds, they are surprisingly durable.
"
In_Darkness wrote:

See the Gear - Jewels section. Izaro's Turmoil gives excellent value (up to 50). Rare jewels with similar values are more expensive and harder to find.

"
Black_Gun wrote:
"
Vegetarian0 wrote:
Just one more thing:

it doesnt work. you will have to selfcast at least one of the golems; and I personally strongly recommend selfcasting both. but thats not as bad as it sounds, they are surprisingly durable.

Incorrect! When CWDT triggers, it casts both golems at the same time. You don't need to self-cast them.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Dec 1, 2016, 3:53:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info