Plan for 2.3 prophecy (discharge + leveling guide)(cheap to start easy to build)

First off i DO NOT own this build, aside from the leveling guide I've thrown together, the main discharge build is the same trickster build lot's of players used last league Credit goes to the person that first made it.

PLEASE READ
For the more experienced players that know all the leveling tricks and how to craft a +1 lightning gems sceptre scroll to the bottom I've put the main bit's into bullet points

For less experienced players I recommend reading through the guide and just skipping bit's you know

Ascendancy Class

Trickster is a must for this build
A lot of people thought the only reason to go trickster was for the no mana perk, although this was a major factor the main one for me was the attack speed of this build is ridiculous i had 5.3 aps on cyclone meaning 10.6 aps as cyclone hit's twice and no one in my party could keep up with my whirling blades I was at the other side of the map in seconds.

First 2 ascendancy points

Walk the Aether - movement skills cost no mana (cyclone and whirling blades), 20% attack speed if you've used a movement skill recently... all the time then :)

Second 2 ascendancy points

ghost dance - dodge, movement speed some nice bit's here but it's our stepping stone to shade from

Third 2 ascendancy points

Shade form - +500 evasion rating +250 to maximum energy shield 20% attack speed if shield has started recharging recently 20% more chance to evade attacks while not on full Energy shield

Forth 2 ascendancy points

Swift killer - pretty much the only choice here 15% chance to hain a frenzy charge on kill and +1 to frenzy charges

Very important must read so you don't destroy EE

EE from poe wiki tells us If you hit an enemy with two different elements at the same time it will give -50% Resistance to third element and +25% to both elements used. A hit carrying all three elements types will give +25% to all elemental Resistances.

This means you CAN NOT take swift killer ascendancy perk before you have a dagger with adds cold damage to attacks on,

you hit the mobs with cyclone then discharge then cyclone then discharge so on and so on so the EE result's would be,

-50% -50% +25% this would be the result after cyclone then you hit them with discharge not forgetting they are hit with the resist's above, after discharge it would be +25 +25 +25 but then you hit with cyclone again meaning they would be back to -50% -50% +25% for the next discharge so although frenzy will take a beating from EE we're not really than bothered as it's all extra damage so any damage from frenzy is good.

Credit goes to Willemhubers for bringing this up.

Items for the Swap to Discharge

The only one item that is really needed is

without this you can't get charges up fast enough to use discharge you can link it yourself or buy one minimum number of links is 4

For the dagger just get the highest crit and attacks per second dagger you can, if you can get one with spell damage great if not don't worry the damage is still good

shield just get an ES shield with spell damage on

you want to be aiming for a vagan dagger (hits can't be evaded) meaning you hit 100% of the time
The order of daggers best to worst is,
Ranked by (crit chance) x (attack speed):
Tier 1 (9.57): Royal Skean, Skean
Tier 2 (9.45): Poignard, Stilleto
Tier 3 (9.24): Slaughter Knife, Boot Blade, Butcher Knife, Boot Knife, Carving Knife.

Honestly I used

The perfect regal would be add's cold damage to attacks so you can trigger Elemental Equilibrium
but that's going into crafting easiest way is just to buy one when you have the currency

Links for Discharge

4 Link -

5 Link -

6 Link -

Links for the rest of the gear

3 Link - Whirling blades

3 Link - I have left this one blank because it's up to you what you put in here I went with a CWDT ice golem setup, before that I used it to level gems to sell, just a couple of idea's

4 Link - CWDT setup the blue doesn't have to be ice nova it can be anything you want in there

4 Link - Aura's the enlighten doesn't need to be level 3 it can be done with level 2 as long as you have the Reduced mana reserved points on the tree

4 Link - Vaal skill's

The next part of the build Is going over general leveling tips and the notable items and gems used while leveling. If you already know them then apologies for wasting your time, if not great you've picked up some new tips, also if you see something that's not up there then post a comment or message me on the forums and I will add the tip and credit to the person that mentioned it.

Items and Gems used While leveling

First 3 items you pick up will be from the vendor as soon as you walk into Lioneye's Watch you will want two 12% spell damage wands or the highest available from Nessa make sure one has a green gem slot, also pick up spark from nessa then go over to Tarkleigh and get the fire trap gem from the reward.

you can equip any items you want other than the wands which are a must any Helmet, Gloves etc I tend to go with Armour items while leveling.
Body Armour however slows your movement speed so I leave it off in act 1 unless i'm up against a boss in which case I put it on.
When you get to act 2 try get a hold of two Quartz Sceptre's

As soon as you can turn them into +1 lightning gem sceptre's using the following recipe

1 Magic Quartz sceptre

1 Alteration orb

1 topaz ring

sell them all to the vendor to get

Gems for leveling
- which can be picked up from Breaking Some Eggs quest Reward
- helpful but not needed best traded from another player
- which can be picked up from The Caged Brute Quest reward
- not needed but if you happen to see one drop pick it up we're going spell power might as well have a little damage boost on bosses

Items while leveling
Pretty much up to you there's no set items for this build other that the one's linked above, main things to look for are health and resist's on Armour and Spell damage and cast speed on weapons everything while leveling after act 2 is self found (drops from mobs)

If you can get your hands on one of these do it they are by far the best wand for spark leveling i actually used mine until 53 to save on the mana cost of spark

Links for Leveling

two wands
2 links

two Sceptre's
3 links

Spark
4 link

5 link

6 link

Leveling tips

These tips are mainly aimed at people who either want to race or want to get into maps fast, if you want to play through every quest and level slowly but with godly items by all means ignore these tips

I'll try keep them as brief as I can

1)never stop - Do everything on the move swapping items / gems, kill an enemy move on straight away, after a while you can tell if a spell will kill the enemy, at that point you don't even stop to see if it dies it's simply cast, move on.

2) Don't mess around looking through every item - unless it's a unique then in a couple of levels that rare item you spent 5 minute's looking at will be replaced, grab items move on, in town id them quick look over sell them then get back into leveling you don't want to spend more than a few minute's in town.

3) get an item filter - these are a massive help they save you time having to look at loads of useless crap on the ground I use Neversink's filter never had a problem with it instructions are on the page https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1246208

4) Don't go to every quest - most of them can be skipped such as the one's that give passive points I always skip them and come back to them before maps all of them are done in a couple of minutes that way

5) Get into maps early (Level 64) - don't wait until 68-70 before doing maps get straight into them run them white if need be I level within 2 maps when i first start them and if you've managed to swap to discharge at 64 you're laughing

6) Keep 4 level's behind the monsters - Meaning you don't need to be the same level as an area to do it, i do level 68 maps at level 64 you still get 100% exp from the mobs and you're not wasting time killing every single mob before moving on. (I think it's 4 levels plus 1 level every 16 character levels to get 100% exp, but honestly I can't remember keep within the 4 levels and you can't go wrong)

7) Watch people's video's of how they are leveling - There's a lot of good video's of people leveling that you can watch to pick up tips.

8) Keep your gear up to date - don't try doing merciless in your normal gear you'll die lots and lose exp keep checking your resist's make sure they are positive pref 50%+ keep getting life on gear so you have a high enough pool to take big hit's

9) get the quicksilver flask from the act 1 quest Mercy Mission this helps massively

10) get Movement speed boots as soon as possible

Bandits

kill all, kraityn, oak

Gear to aim for

None of this will be achievable in a new league at level 64 unless you are extremely lucky

6 Link voll's

Voll's amulet (adds endurance charges into the mix)

vagan dagger with adds cold damage to attacks the crafted mods atk speed, crit chance, spell damage

everything else is high ES items with resist's

I sold all my gear last league didn't think I'd be back on before Friday tomorrow i will change text for pictures once I've bought it all again

For experienced players

1) Grab 2 wands spark and fire trap from act 1
2) Get orb of storms after breaking some eggs
3) Get 2 quartz sceptre's in act 2 craft them to +1 lightning gem sceptre's as soon as possible
4) Get faster casting, two controlled destructions and elemental focus from act 2
5) read the links for leveling part of the guide
6) swap to discharge around level 64 you don't have enough crit before it

I'll add a couple of video's today my lowest shadow is 71 I was hoping for a 64 but you'll still get to see how effective discharge is in very poor gear
Last edited by Ahorton2 on Jun 3, 2016, 12:23:42 PM
Last bumped on Jul 1, 2016, 3:13:21 AM
any update?
cant wait to see.. would love to play a shadow out of the gate:)
sorry it took a little longer than I thought.
Last edited by Ahorton2 on Jun 1, 2016, 6:26:17 PM
I'll add a couple of video's tomorrow as well as swapping the text for pictures in the gear to aim for section i sold all my gear last league so i'll have to buy it back again.

But I'll have to do it tomorrow when I have more time
Great thread. I will sure be following it. This is will be my first discharge build. My pc isnt very good, do you know how i can make it run better, besides "lowering" the graphics on notepad. I one heard that there was a way to disable discharge animation.
Thanks.
My body is ready.
why not bladefall for leveling like 99% of players do ?
-
Last edited by I_Give_Free on Jun 14, 2016, 6:23:51 AM
is this build gonna be uber viable and speed map clears?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info