Why do people form all their opinions of God based on what other people do or say?

"
"
Kavlor wrote:
I based my opinions of God based on logic and reasoning not other people.

Logic and reasoning taught to you by other people if I had to guess, rather than logic and reasoning taught to you by God.

Nope.My own logic and reasoning which is what I said in the first place.

If I fall over my shoe lace it's reasonable to assume I need to tie them,that is taught from experience.Experience teaches us better than any person.
Last edited by Kavlor on Jun 13, 2016, 1:13:22 PM
"
kuukkeli wrote:
"
I'm not talking about religion, I'm talking about God, there's a massive difference.

You're correct: religions exist (unfortunately) while gods don't.

That's not the difference. The difference is that religion is a deception while God is the source of all Truth.
Designer of Unending Hunger and The Craving divination card.
Well... While everyone ponders on the existence of God... I will be enjoying life. To all... <3
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
"
Kavlor wrote:
Experience teaches us better than any person.

For the vast majority of people, this is only true of the most trivial and simple subjects. Experience will not teach you anything worthwhile about complex subjects like calculus and evolution unless you first acquire information that has been discovered by and communicated to you from other people. There are definitely people who believe that their personal, uneducated experiences can teach them the truth about the deepest complexities of the universe. Those people believe this because they're idiots.
"
Jennik wrote:
"
Kavlor wrote:
Experience teaches us better than any person.

For the vast majority of people, this is only true of the most trivial and simple subjects. Experience will not teach you anything worthwhile about complex subjects like calculus and evolution unless you first acquire information that has been discovered by and communicated to you from other people. There are definitely people who believe that their personal, uneducated experiences can teach them the truth about the deepest complexities of the universe. Those people believe this because they're idiots.

This is not true and very misleading... You both have somewhat of a narrow logic, but not completely irrational. All subjects whether small or large; simple or complex started with... Tada, imagination. There are people that exist that have never experienced or studied certain subjects yet they can figure out the most complex things.

In class we studied about Austistic children who never took a course in mathematics yet in a heart beat could tell you the square root of anything. There are blind men and woman whom have never seen color yet are able to paint a sunset. Certain people can look at a jar filled with pennies and tell you exactly how many there are without counting.

Everyone laughed at Darwin... Look at his legacy now. Even Einstein admits imagination is more important than knowledge. It's really not about being taught or having an experience (though both help) it's rather more about the person and his or her innate qualities. In other words you either have it or don't and if you don't then yes being taught or TRYING to experience something can help.

"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on Jun 14, 2016, 11:52:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info