Why do people form all their opinions of God based on what other people do or say?

Why not get to know God personally? He's not handicapped, and is more than able to communicate with you...
Designer of Unending Hunger and The Craving divination card.
Last bumped on Jun 13, 2016, 10:27:21 PM
Are you.... GOD?
Religions were the first weapons of mass destruction that were created.
"
and is more than able to communicate with you...

Able is not the same as willing. Even if I personally want to get to know a god and ask it questions that it answers, that're completely irrelevant to whether or not I actually can.

I'd base all of my opinions of gods on the objective evidence if they would be so kind as to provide any. For some reason they all choose to stay silent and invisible, though. They're probably just busy.
"
diablofdb wrote:
Religions were the first weapons of mass destruction that were created.

I'm not talking about religion, I'm talking about God, there's a massive difference.

"
Jennik wrote:
"
and is more than able to communicate with you...

Able is not the same as willing. Even if I personally want to get to know a god and ask it questions that it answers, that're completely irrelevant to whether or not I actually can.

I'd base all of my opinions of gods on the objective evidence if they would be so kind as to provide any. For some reason they all choose to stay silent and invisible, though. They're probably just busy.

How do you know God is not willing to communicate with you?
Designer of Unending Hunger and The Craving divination card.
Last edited by FriendlyGamerGuy on Jun 1, 2016, 6:05:04 PM
"
I'm not talking about religion, I'm talking about God, there's a massive difference.

Hmm. Which one ?
There's so many 'God'.
"

How do you know God is not willing to communicate with you?

He told me so.

Spoiler
/pats self on the back

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
It's really interesting humans came up with the construct of 'god' at all and so many use it to explain things they don't understand or are frightening. Not to mention the whole 'sports team' aspect of it; if your not on my god's team ima kill you! Hopefully someday we'll grow beyond 'killing in the name of' or needing the idea of god at all. /imagine

Anyway, great troll thread 3.14/666.
Because it is easy, majority is lazy. Why waste time thinking when you can just receive the information cooked?
Sometimes...
Im god but i cant go out of this body
my english sux.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info