Secret beyond godlike drops from beta player - need testing

Ok so i get jumped again called troll and baiter w/e. Did you even read my previous post in this topic?

Funny this comes from people who know NOTHING about random number generation.
So did Legacy items naturally goes away as intended or they still core of standard economy 4 years later after they became "feature".
Last edited by nexuscz on May 31, 2016, 10:27:16 AM
Hard to answer to you when you consider you know everyone's knowledges in this thread.

I generated more currencies by running clearspeed builds able to clear dried lake in 35sec with 200/60 or maps up to tier 11 than any of my previous builds in three years.
My observations are different than yours. Who is right ? Who is wrong ?
Hf :)
"
nexuscz wrote:
From my observation there is no gain from grinding 10h day with super clear speeds.

Only time where something valuable drops is when game thinks you just went thru dangerous encounter, so if the mobs doesn't even touch you the drops are low.

Try to create tanky build which purpose is to accumulate lot of dmg and then clear the pack. Drops rains.

Test and enjoy

I wish that were true - I'd have truckloads of amazing drops. Fortunately though, as long as my character can get through and area or map, I still have fun, even if it means low drops and getting beat up and killed a few times.

If I played this game for the super drops, I'd have quit three or four years ago.

Cadiro was a nice change, to be able to get some different items for future off the wall sub-par builds. They will be worse than any of my existing characters, but probably even more fun.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
Heli0nix wrote:
Hard to answer to you when you consider you know everyone's knowledges in this thread.

I generated more currencies by running clearspeed builds able to clear dried lake in 35sec with 200/60 or maps up to tier 11 than any of my previous builds in three years.
My observations are different than yours. Who is right ? Who is wrong ?

I did provide explanation why RNG patterns are completely normal in games even there is not any build function to affect it while i get jumped about spreading bs, simple google search would provide you with lot of knowledge about random number generation.

I do not zealously defend my idea of harder encounter = more loot but many people observe such pattern.

Thats about it
So did Legacy items naturally goes away as intended or they still core of standard economy 4 years later after they became "feature".
Last edited by nexuscz on May 31, 2016, 11:07:39 AM
Is there anyway to test his observation. It does seem that way to me as well...
yes i can confirm, i dropped an leg shav even! hyyype.
I have never - in my 4 years of playing - had so called "good streaks", no matter how sqishy my build has been - or how long a break I've had. RNG is RNG. I doubt GGG has some sort of hidden features in their tables. But do we know? I don't think we do? So calling people stupid, is kind of stupid.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
nexuscz wrote:
Guys would like to remind you this is quite possible if you knew a thing or two about random number generation.

The generation of number is not truly random as it must start with some seed value.

So its quite possible players observe some RNG patterns in games even there might not be inbuild function to affect loot based on difficulty of encounter but different values might affect the seed value which is used to generate number.

Let's pretend this is indeed what happen and the seed value is based on the amount of damage taken.

Could you explain in more detail exactly how this would work? What with being a random number expert and all I'm sure it would be easy to explain to us morons.
Last edited by RandallPOE on May 31, 2016, 12:24:30 PM
"
RandallPOE wrote:

Let's pretend this is indeed what happen and the seed value is based on the amount of damage taken.

I have said also that im not zealously defending idea of game thinking hard encounter = better loot

but said pattern is observed by many people

All im saying its common that rng patterns exist by the nature how pseudo-random numbers are created.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+rng+works

Several computational methods for random-number generation exist. Many fall short of the goal of true randomness, although they may meet, with varying success, some of the statistical tests for randomness intended to measure how unpredictable their results are (that is, to what degree their patterns are discernible).

source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Random_number_generation

Most random numbers used in computer programs are pseudo-random, which means they are generated in a predictable fashion using a mathematical formula. This is fine for many purposes, but it may not be random in the way you expect if you're used to dice rolls and lottery drawings.

source: https://www.random.org/

Pseudo random number generators use a seed, a table of predefined constants and mathematical formulas. Real random number generators usually use atmospheric noise.

source: http://programmers.stackexchange.com/
Last edited by nexuscz2 on May 31, 2016, 1:01:54 PM
"
Teplokot wrote:
I got best drops after long periods of downtime.

same. also when i'm on good streak with map drops and such, if i die it feels like some counter resets and drops just completely stop.
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info