Secret beyond godlike drops from beta player - need testing

"
nexuscz2 wrote:
"
Under the assumption that OP is simply troll posting. Only other option is that OP self-taught themselves statistics, random number generation and related mechanics, confirmation bias and other logic arguments and somehow thinks 5 minutes of research protects them from errors involved in all of this.

All i did is observe certain pattern like many players reported same.

Usually after trully not artificially made hard fight with near dead experience.

The people told me there is no inbuilt function like this so i point about common appearance of rng patterns

So what is untrue or confirmation bias about that?

Random Number Generation. Doesn't matter if the game is pseudo random. Like how shavronne's drops a lot less than Crown of Thorns, it is still Random Number Generation with set guidelines on what drops commonly to rare drops.

Confirmation bias: You are specifically talking to people who are confirming what you believe. Simple as that. If I actually did the crap you proposed and the results were nonconforming, you would simply dismiss them as a streak of bad luck.

There are plenty of reasons you can have a near death experience in game and turn around and get amazing drops. They are called, personal mf, map quantity, map rarity, group mf (if they have kingmakers).
It is also easier to run a ton of non-near death kills than purposely get to almost dead, survive, and kill. Assuming a null hypothesis that kill conditions change nothing for drops, you are going to have to do a ton of work to almost die but not die to have equal kills versus simply killing the boss or whatever.

So, kill Voll merciless Dried Lake 1,200 times in prophecy, 600 normal kills, 600 near death kills. Maps can't count unless you want to hoard thousands of white maps to avoid crafted map's mf stats. Gear must remain absolutely the same mf wise for every kill. I am more than willing to bet that your theory is nothing in these conditions.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Last edited by PleiadesBlackstar on May 31, 2016, 5:22:11 PM

You are not only one who reported that deliberately letting mobs pound you have no effect so im not dismissing it in any way.

And obviously kill fast easy content is common strategy to be farming efficient but there is possibility GGG are well aware of this and try to combat this with some function since it doesnt promote any quality gaming.
So did Legacy items naturally goes away as intended or they still core of standard economy 4 years later after they became "feature".
Last edited by nexuscz on May 31, 2016, 8:48:31 PM
"
nexuscz wrote:

You are not only one who reported that deliberately letting mobs pound you have no effect so im not dismissing it in any way.

And obviously kill fast easy content is common strategy to be farming efficient but there is possibility GGG are well aware of this and try to combat this with some function since it doesnt promote any quality gaming, bot could do that for you.

If you are saying this about the whole taking more damage theory then welcome to the world of conspiracy theories.

If not, GGG is obviously working on something to encourage slower gameplay in a sense. Clear speed is always always always going to be king in this genre of games. However, attack speed/cast speed meta is seeing rivals finally. Earthquake... Frost Bolt... GGG doesn't want players in general to play slower attack and cast speed wise, they want to give us the option to use slower skills that have the same clear speed potential.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Maybe this pattern is seen because harder monsters have higher chance to drop better items?

Same way each monster gives a different amount of xp when killed, each monster has its own base chance to drop items and so harder monster could have higher chance to drop items.
Harder monsters tend to deal more damage.
Last edited by Diemx0 on May 31, 2016, 9:37:41 PM
"
nexuscz wrote:
No, just make sure to take some dmg before clearing. This is apparent on totem build for example.

You can go beyond that and try specialized tank and regen build to exploit if this feature exist.

This is just from my personal observation, no extensive testing involved.

Actually I has same feeling for loong time. I think you are right.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info