I'm writing the 2.3.0 bug fix patch notes today

"
Zephryl wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Zephryl wrote:
@Mark_GGG

I was wondering, if you don't mind me asking, do you guys have any specific method for picking which Uniques get 3D art, or their art worked on, next?
No idea, none of that is anything to do with me.

This saddens me to my very soul.

Does the, art department I guess?, do they have a person who interacts with the community?

Here's how I imagine they do it: They put the item names on little pieces of paper, fold them up and put them in a hat, and then the employee of the month gets to fish one out.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last edited by DalaiLama on May 29, 2016, 2:36:55 PM
"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Zephryl wrote:
@Mark_GGG

I was wondering, if you don't mind me asking, do you guys have any specific method for picking which Uniques get 3D art, or their art worked on, next?
No idea, none of that is anything to do with me.

Here's how I imagine they do it: They put the item names on little pieces of paper, fold them up and put them in a hat, and then the employee of the month gets to fish one out.

WOW... It's so obvious and staring you all in the face! All the non-3D art is in a database and the next one to be given a 3D makeover is RNG picked. You all, including Mark, should have immediately known this.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
This is clearly an oversight, but I don't see the note about removing the lab from the game as it is cancer and was obviously mistakenly put in to begin with.
"
Siochan wrote:
This is clearly an oversight, but I don't see the note about removing the lab from the game as it is cancer and was obviously mistakenly put in to begin with.

No, they did the opposite and DOUBLED IT! /sarcasm
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Waiting for patch notes like

Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
I want to know what "IMPORTANT FIX: fixed issue with math in regards to scale variance! (40134)" is exactly and how important it is (what it affected and such), and I'd really like to get a simple before/after of a few sounds now that there's an entirely new sound engine.
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
Last edited by Felix35071 on May 29, 2016, 5:47:11 PM
"
Felix35071 wrote:
I want to know what "IMPORTANT FIX: fixed issue with math in regards to scale variance! (40134)" is exactly and how important it is

It is very important. Fish scales had too much variance in them, which meant that a C Bass, became a C flat Bass, for instance. Everyone knows you can't tune a fish, so the GGG devs had to flounder around with some pre-patch scale adjustment ahead of time.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
lol :D

Also, some interesting new things have been popping up in the document!
"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
Felix35071 wrote:
I want to know what "IMPORTANT FIX: fixed issue with math in regards to scale variance! (40134)" is exactly and how important it is

It is very important. Fish scales had too much variance in them, which meant that a C Bass, became a C flat Bass, for instance. Everyone knows you can't tune a fish, so the GGG devs had to flounder around with some pre-patch scale adjustment ahead of time.

Cause it's all about that bass, about that bass...
haha chris building hype

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info