Please make lightning warp useful

"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
RIP Old reduced duration lightning warp, youll be missed.

That being said, i still prefer it over Flame Dash because it wont stop casting if you get stunned. I think lightning warp has a place, its faster than Flame Dash and it provides potential stun protection, not to mention it doesnt have a CD like Flame Dash.

As soon as they fixed the broken animation for it i went right back to lightning warp on my casters.

what are you on about? there hasn't been any changes to lw duration afaik.
"
joachimbond wrote:
What makes it REALLY suck is not being able to keep on the minimap with a whirl blades coc discharger or sparker.

Hey, those guys buff your xp/h. :D

I think the only solution is to nerf the living shit out of Whirling Blades. Until GGG nerfs it, it will continue to dominate the game.
"
kompaniet wrote:
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:
RIP Old reduced duration lightning warp, youll be missed.

That being said, i still prefer it over Flame Dash because it wont stop casting if you get stunned. I think lightning warp has a place, its faster than Flame Dash and it provides potential stun protection, not to mention it doesnt have a CD like Flame Dash.

As soon as they fixed the broken animation for it i went right back to lightning warp on my casters.

what are you on about? there hasn't been any changes to lw duration afaik.
Old lightning warp as in pre-changed Less Duration. It used to be Reduced which was significantly more time off how long it took to warp you. Now its Less + a small amount of reduced off quality.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
What a shitty skill oh wait everything is terrible compared to WB

lolol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:
D2's teleport was also obscenely broken and only balanced on the fact that it existed only on the squishiest character class in the game until Blizzard completely lost their minds and made it available to everyone.

I agree 100%.

and LW is my favourite mov skill
I think GGG should take a look into whirling blades in order to see whether its top speeds aren't too high. If necessary, they could decrease its speed and increase its damage.

As for Lightning Warp, I don't think there's anything wrong with it. The issue, if there is any, comes from whirling blades.
To people saying WB is busted:

Okay, so a movement skill backed up by another movement enhancing support (aka faster attacks) and dedicated to movement (AKA can't hop up cliffs) is actually good at movement?

Ya don't say.
Last edited by IlyaK1986 on May 29, 2016, 8:19:52 PM
Yep, we don't say... A movement skill that:

• Only requires a single support to be very fast, (letting us go 2L/2L on our boots, gloves, or helmet)
  • Covers 99% of situations, (we're not constantly hopping up and down cliffs; find me a map where that's faster enough that it matters)
  • And gets you out of harm's way RIGHT NOW... (Meaning, no delay while a flameblast or other hit may be incoming)

Isn't severely better than the alternatives?
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
"
ACGIFT wrote:

• Only requires a single support to be very fast, (letting us go 2L/2L on our boots, gloves, or helmet)
  • Covers 99% of situations, (we're not constantly hopping up and down cliffs; find me a map where that's faster enough that it matters)
  • And gets you out of harm's way RIGHT NOW... (Meaning, no delay while a flameblast or other hit may be incoming)

Requires only a single support to be fast and gets you out of harm's way right now?

Flame dash + faster casting.

The only situation it doesn't cover is "ooh, it's a wide open map, how fast can I run?". For that situation, you have these things called boots and quicksilver flasks.
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:
"
ACGIFT wrote:

Requires only a single support to be fast and gets you out of harm's way right now?

Flame dash + faster casting.

I've been trying flame dash, and its requirement that you have perfect distance judgment is a bit too strict. Yes I know I can hit 'shift' to cast from where i'm standing, but all that does is cramp my hand after about 15 minutes. So no, flame dash doesn't cut it, not until it automatically casts from point of origin.
"

The only situation it doesn't cover is "ooh, it's a wide open map, how fast can I run?". For that situation, you have these things called boots and quicksilver flasks.

Agreed
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info