Please make lightning warp useful

Many times in the last 24 hours (okay, 3 times), I've been asked by players (2 out of 3 of them were casters), "Why don't you use whirling blades? It's so much faster than that lightning warp shit" (paraphrased)

Yes. It is.

This in addition to the general snub to summoners, that we have almost no access to movespeed gear orented toward our build.

Oh, there's this:

woopdefrickingdoo

That's an insult to a class that has NO + movespeed helm (because we practically HAVE to run Vertex to break 5K EHP) or other goodies that seem so easy to come by for other classes.

I'm not asking for LW to become as fast as whirling blades. That would be silly. I'm asking for the delay to be significantly shortened. Maybe half of what it is now. That way, I'll still have to hog 2 gem slots to really make it useful (since it seems GGG really wants summoners to be short on sockets), and I will finally be able to get around a map without feeling like a boat anchor to my party.

It's hard enough to find parties that are willing to run with 10 zombies and 4 spectres and an AG and golem. What makes it REALLY suck is not being able to keep on the minimap with a whirl blades coc discharger or sparker.

Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
Last edited by joachimbond on May 27, 2016, 12:27:23 PM
Last bumped on May 31, 2016, 1:52:03 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.

You have to 4L your LW with rapid decay (level 1 is good enough). That's it man, you gotta have 4 sockets if you wanna be fast. Also, quicksilvers add speed to your LW.

I do the same thing with my stormcaller:

Watch Sarn PVP video Here to watch how fast my LW is:
https://youtu.be/taYnDWEb27U

Start grinding for a LW Helm enchant.

Warped timepiece can provide 12cast and 12 reduced skill effect duration. Can find corrupt versions for 1chaos.

With all of these things and tons of cast speed, LW is actually faster than WB :)

Hope this helps!
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Last edited by Ahfack on May 27, 2016, 2:01:50 PM
"

You have to 4L your LW with rapid decay (level 1 is good enough). That's it man, you gotta have 4 sockets if you wanna be fast. I do the same thing with my stormcaller:

Warped timepiece can provide 12cast and 12 reduced skill effect duration. Can find corrupt versions for 1chaos.

With all of these things and tons of cast speed, LW is actually faster than WB :)

Hope this helps!

To sum up use whirling blades, its easier and faster.
For the record, I dont have helm enchant or warped timepiece in on that vid, but these are all possibilities.

If you have a staff caster you can't WB, so LW is the obvious choice for SRS etc... without weapon swapping of course.

What I'm saying is, it's possible for LW to be faster than WB when all you can do with WB is increase attack speed. So yes, WB is easier but I find it's glitchier and LW can clear obstacles so right now I like it better. :)
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Ok I CAN be faster, but so can be whirling blades if you invest so much. Point is whirling blades is better with no investment than warp with SENSIBLE investment. And daggers are only little worse, or in some cases better than wands or maces.
I understand your point, though, and respect how well you can make it work. Also next league I'll be making storm call char, so I may end up using some of your tips and try out warp.

Back to the point, my suggestion would be removing delay, and making it dependant on cast speed only.
Last edited by MrokPandy on May 27, 2016, 2:25:01 PM

my pathfinder friend is still faster than me, The tears.
I love Lightning Warp, yes you have to invest 4l for it but it works nine. The biggest problem with it is passive skill effect duration nodes. You take these and you add duration to warp too...
I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!
Also most summoners by default gonna have like 30% increased duration from the offering ascendency (jesus christ I made a shitty minion instability char and I can't raise zombies faster than they die in perandus packs even with flesh offering up. Path of mandatory +50% atk/cast/speed...)
"

You have to 4L your LW with rapid decay (level 1 is good enough). That's it man, you gotta have 4 sockets if you wanna be fast. Also, quicksilvers add speed to your LW.

So, the answer is to give up my umbilicus belt (build-enabling unique which precludes the use of ANY flask on myself) and a fucking 4-LINK? That's not my intention behind the term "useful". The point is, get that shit out of the ghetto!

I'm not asking to be "fast". I'm asking to be able to stay on the same minimap with my party members.

"

I do the same thing with my stormcaller:

NO. What I am asking for should be basic functionality for a MOVEMENT skill. The helm slot is for temp chains effectiveness or something else to help survivability.
"

Hope this helps!
Yeah I'm glad you can manage to be cheerful about investing 2 gear slots and 4 links to a movement skill.
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
Last edited by joachimbond on May 27, 2016, 4:16:19 PM
One issue with lightning warp is if you have a build that adds skill effect duration, it slows your warp down.

Some builds get skill effect duration without trying to, i.e. necromancer ascendancy gets 30% with mistress of sacrifice, and my sparker has 90% from passives.

Edit: For races/leveling there's no comparison. Players don't get all of the 20/20 gems required for LW to be competitive until well into mapping. This is why GGG sees such strong dagger bias amongst casters at the start of new leagues.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on May 27, 2016, 5:29:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info