Please make lightning warp useful

I understand all that.

When do we get a summoner dagger?
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
What they need to do first is get rid of the auto-desync that is caused by the cast delay they added.
I don't think the problem is Lightning Warp... the problem is movement skills in general.
These skills don't even feel like skills. No one really makes builds around them. They just
craft their build then throw in whatever movement skill is best, starting generally with Whirling blades.

Honestly, they ALL need to be changed to be much slower. Make them less spamable and more to be used as a form of avoiding something dangerous. Movement from your character should be your movement speed.

But I don't really think GGG will do that. People would be to up in arms.
"
e1337donkey wrote:
I don't think the problem is Lightning Warp... the problem is movement skills in general.
These skills don't even feel like skills. No one really makes builds around them. They just
craft their build then throw in whatever movement skill is best, starting generally with Whirling blades.

Honestly, they ALL need to be changed to be much slower. Make them less spamable and more to be used as a form of avoiding something dangerous. Movement from your character should be your movement speed.

I would like them to be more spammy honestyly, They are movement skills afterall.
There are too many map designs with dead ends that you need to get away from.
Running the lab especially without these would be a pain for many characters.

Movement skills are great for open areas, but in tight spots movement speed is king.
I can easily outrun whirling blades on my char with movement speed and leap+lesser (or warp+lesser) duration for uneven terrain. When i pop my potion i leave them in the dust.

It would be nice however if all the movement skills gave you that invulnerbilty that whirling does. I would love to use them all for avoiding damage. I would like them to reduce the time for warp and leap so they can be on par with blades.

If they were made slower, then the latency i have with the server would make them unusable. i can not fix the latency since the closest servers to me are in the states.

What I find annoying with lightning warp:

slow base cast time.
Can't warp past walls/pillar/rocks like you could in D2.
And the duration is annoying until u reach like effective reduced duration 98% or closer which means farming the hell out of lab on a helm that you'll wear for the enchantment.

D2's teleport was fun, it was swift, 1 point investment, and gets you where you want to be while holding down the mouse.

PoE's lightning warp stutters, need alot of investment, has high mana cost if you go 6L unless you went trickster, needs to click around walls/rocks/general road blocks which means more strain on the hand (or at least that's what my hand feels like when I lightning warp + clear packs thru a map).
"
e1337donkey wrote:

I would be OK with a cooldown (a la Blink Arrow) and have the delay removed. But as it is, LW is pretty useless for 'getting away from danger' unless I have flesh offering up (30% increased cast speed). I do have flesh offering up most of the time when i'm fighting, but there's that once in a while...

Why put the delay on the front end? Yeah i know it was to stop LW totem abuse. Really, if that's an issue, make it self-cast only just like orb of storms. PROBLEM SOLVED.

I do want to complement GGG on fixing something though. I haven't failed to teleport since halfway through Perandus league. And that was happening a LOT.

So thanks, GGG, for fixing that glitch.
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
"
gathor wrote:
I love Lightning Warp, yes you have to invest 4l for it but it works nine. The biggest problem with it is passive skill effect duration nodes. You take these and you add duration to warp too...

ahh that is it. thanks. i have been playing my sparker for 89 levels and wondering if lightning warp had been nerfed since last time i used it. it felt like it had such a long delay but it was just those skill duration passives :)

"
SIQI wrote:

slow base cast time.
And the duration is annoying until u reach like effective reduced duration 98% or closer which means farming the hell out of lab on a helm that you'll wear for the enchantment.

D2's teleport was fun, it was swift, 1 point investment, and gets you where you want to be while holding down the mouse.

PoE's lightning warp stutters, need alot of investment, has high mana cost if you go 6L unless you went trickster, needs to click around walls/rocks/general road blocks which means more strain on the hand (or at least that's what my hand feels like when I lightning warp + clear packs thru a map).

agreed. d2 teleport was good. the perfect movement skill.
Last edited by kompaniet on May 28, 2016, 3:45:56 PM
Yeah the d2 teleport wouldn't "fail" to cast if you targeted an obstacle. It would put you in the closest spot beside your target. Same deal for movement in general (following around a collision in the direction of your travel instead of stopping).

PoE movement skills could really use that kind of smart fluidity.

As-is, if you bind lightning warp to right click and hold it to try to travel anywhere, too often you're standing in place wiggling your cursor around looking for a landing spot that the game accepts. It feels incredibly clumsy.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on May 28, 2016, 5:02:27 PM
"
SIQI wrote:

slow base cast time.

D2's teleport was also obscenely broken and only balanced on the fact that it existed only on the squishiest character class in the game until Blizzard completely lost their minds and made it available to everyone.

Movement skills in PoE are designed to be niche and limited in their use.

Lightning Warp: always up, gets you to a place within line of sight, unconditional, but slow.

Flame Dash: fast, responsive, but gated by its charge system.

Whirling Blades: fast, responsive, not gated, but doesn't work on uneven terrain.

Leap Slam: essentially an attack-based variant of lightning warp. Slow and clunky, but is the default movement for 2H melee characters.

Blink arrow: gated by CD, has a delay that can be alleviated with faster attacks.

Here's the thing--Diablo 2 died when everyone got teleport, because then it was about who could abuse it the most instead of leaving it on the squishy caster that needed to stay out of range, instead of a max-block teleporting paladin tank that could spam instakill hammers on everything.

If PoE would have a teleport-like mechanic, it'd crowd out everything.

So no. LW stays.
RIP Old reduced duration lightning warp, youll be missed.

That being said, i still prefer it over Flame Dash because it wont stop casting if you get stunned. I think lightning warp has a place, its faster than Flame Dash and it provides potential stun protection, not to mention it doesnt have a CD like Flame Dash.

As soon as they fixed the broken animation for it i went right back to lightning warp on my casters.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info