[2.4] The Master of Agony - CI / ZO + Tri-Curse Essence Drain / Contagion Trickster

Well, I was able to do all of the content, except Shaper, with 5L. ED with delirium is just ridiculous. Rare corrupted guardians are melting stupidly easy.
I'm running with level 3 Empower and loads of currency right now. I'm better off picking up Slow Projectiles (ugh) and trying to get 2B4G on my chest than upgrading to level 4 Empower then? Guess I'll have to get used to snail projectiles...
I'm finally back to the forums (and to the game!).

"
zifilis wrote:
Well, I was able to do all of the content, except Shaper, with 5L. ED with delirium is just ridiculous. Rare corrupted guardians are melting stupidly easy.

I've received tons of positive feedback about Delirium in these non-playing weeks so I want to say that the Consuming Dark is probably becoming an "outdated" (or "extra cheap") option, unless you have a very good ES / resistances gear (and jewels) and want to dual wield daggers to have both decay + poison, thus sacrificing the spirit shield.

About the Empower vs Slover Proj debate, I want to say that I am NOT a fan of the super slow ED bullet, so I'd always go for Empower, even if Slower Proj gives a slighly better single target damage via double dipping.

The choice, btw, is up to you. :)
"
djnat wrote:
I'm finally back to the forums (and to the game!).

"
zifilis wrote:

I've received tons of positive feedback about Delirium in these non-playing weeks so I want to say that the Consuming Dark is probably becoming an "outdated" (or "extra cheap") option, unless you have a very good ES / resistances gear (and jewels) and want to dual wield daggers to have both decay + poison, thus sacrificing the spirit shield.

About the Empower vs Slover Proj debate, I want to say that I am NOT a fan of the super slow ED bullet, so I'd always go for Empower, even if Slower Proj gives a slighly better single target damage via double dipping.

The choice, btw, is up to you. :)

ive used like 3k chromes and cant seem to get 4 green, wondering if i should just use 20ed and 3 empower or is that much worse than using slower projectiles?
RNG can be very bad when chroming Regalias, sadly.

Empower 3 is worse than slower proj, btw. If you have a corrupted lvl 4 one the clearspeed will be slightly better, and the single target slightly worse.

The level 3 emp is worse than slower proj in all scenarios.
hey new player here. I'm going to try this build out in essence to get a feel for it, then use it as my first character next league. could you take a look at how I progress the skill tree while leveling, and tell me if I understood everything properly?

37pts - life essentials
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYDAbDYotnIFPVvaowWvyaVYeJVS7TRyAx2grVI62MRLwMeH0ErCl3yDkgRlgcelS7w1UlRf8aTJ--I-TfXz0mxbAsi9G0ZCPTAVGpD

58pts - damage essentials
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYDAbDYotnIFPVvaowWvyaVYeJVS7TRyAx2grVI62MRLwMeH0ErCl3yDkgRlgcelS7w1UlRf8aTJ--I-TfXz0mxbAsi9G0ZCPTAVGpDj_pcQIfLp5t1ns8VbWzndOjWBbXC7CpbefZDNlLsIurDOong5liTH0kT

80pts - ES essentials
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYDAbDYotnIFPVvaowWvyaVYeJVS7TRyAx2grVI62MRLwMeH0ErCl3yDkgRlgcelS7w1UlRf8aTJ--I-TfXz0mxbAsi9G0ZCPTAVGpDj_pcQIfLp5t1ns8VbWzndOjWBbXC7CpbefZDNlLsIurDOong5liTH0kTEVA1uacrvorK07QM6roNfFfJKPq4kxzc6-6nCI9Gm6H314RIXGvDbZ2uGmw=

then after this comes the sort of pre-CI stage, where I pick up Whispers of Doom and Corruption to finish out lv65, and from there I don't allocate passive points until 70, where I pick up CI, ZO, and Infused Shield, all at the same time as you said
Spoiler
http://poeplanner.com/AAMAAPRBQU1HQWdBQVdMRFlvdG5JRlBWdmFvd1d2eWFWWWVKVlM3VFJ5QXgyZ3JWSTYyTVJMd01lSDBFckNsM3lEa2dSbGdjZWxTN3cxVWxSZjhhVEotLUktVGZYejBteGJBc2k5RzBaQ1BUQVZHcERqX3BjUUlmTHA1dDFuczhWYld6bmRPaldCYlhDN0NwYmVmWkRObExzSXVyRE9vbmc1bGlUSDBrVEVWQTF1YWNydm9ySzA3UU02cm9OZkZmSktQcTRreHpjNi02bkNJOUdtNkgzMTRSSVhHdkRiWjJ1R214U3I3dE4zVjluX0JocWVDOTg1VmdIAAhBQUFBQVFBQQAA

after that I refund the extra life nodes I picked up in the 37pts pathing, and work towards finishing out the rest of the tree as you have listed here.

Does this look okay? Should I get the ES before the damage? I'm fairly new to the game, and have only played one character before, for which I followed LiftingNerd's guide to the letter. More open-ended guides intimidate me, and I would really appreciate your input to make sure I am understanding this correctly. And thanks for the guide! :)
Hi, tyvm for sharing your build. I was wondering:

Is Projectile Weakness viable as a alternative to Vulnerability?
I assume from what I've seen you write about Vulnerability that it's pretty much multiplicative with everything. As it's a "dot taken" mod.
Judging from tooltip, I'd guess Projectile Weakness would work the same way.

A third available source of pierce seems like a huge boon to me even with the range restriction on the curse, letting lose passives or a stronger support gem than pierce.

From the wording on the curse I guess it can't be our sole source of pierce tho. :(
Last edited by Moomeh on Nov 16, 2016, 3:39:04 PM
Why you don't take "Spell Echo Support" instead of "Faster Casting Support" on "Wither" ? and can I use it for Contagion to?
Thanks for this awesome build djnat. Im quite new to the game (this will be my 2nd character ever) and i was wondering if you could update the guide on how to level the tree. I would really appreciate it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info