[2.4] The Master of Agony - CI / ZO + Tri-Curse Essence Drain / Contagion Trickster

I guess a cheap and easy way to obtain a good one would be to buy a craftable 6l chest with 500 es and one res. That should be around 2 ex.
@Hobben: thanks for posting some videos, I can't play PoE at the moment (and until October 16th) so your feedback is greatly appreciated.

@arlen2015: The Delirium dagger is a great option for single target damage. It appears to be performing better than Consuming Dark, especially at bosses who are immune to poison.

A possible solution to gain benefits from both Poison and Decay is dual wielding Consuming Dark + Delirium. This, however, accounts to a massive ES (and block) loss, so it's a thing one can consider after getting an insane gear in the most important ES slots (gloves + regalia). Another thing which can be done is using two curse auras instead of 3, running Witchfire brew and using Discipline instead of the Vulnerability aura to compensate the ES loss from the shield.

These things should be considered and tried out to see if they work.

@austeemo: Yoji build is focused for hardcore content, which I don't actually play. So it's more survivability oriented I guess. It's a matter of preference, choose the one which is better for your playstyle.
ended up switching from his build to yours, cost me like 40 regrets but hope its worth it
Hi, I'm currently using this build and here are few thing I'd like to discuss:
1. I cannot imagine living with 3 curse setup without Weave the Arcane. You can get your mana regen only on 1 ring and probably shield. However mana regen shield with high es roll and nice resistances is not easy to find.
2.The option is to get rid of the third curse and get discipline instead. It frees ring slot (removing doedre's damning) so we can get mana regen and cap resistances with ring and get by far cheaper high es 6L armor.
3. The last thing to mention is +1 to skills bow with some spell damage and Soul Strike quiver. You lose some defences from the shield, but you get damage boost and 6L bow is twice cheaper than 6L high ES vaal regalia.

I'm currently lvl 91 and I still haven't got my 6L so I really apriciate any thoughts on my suggestions, 'cause it will probably save me dozen exalted orbs ^^
finally got the heretic and now its shopping time for a 6l.

wondering why you say vaal regalia is best base, that is only relevant if you are 6linking it yourself right?

is that what you did? (wondering how much itll cost me as i only have 4exalts atm)
Little update from me my ES is now at 10k+ with few items changed, and dmg is at 30k (10k toolip). Untill now everything melts, will see how it goes in T13+

@zifilis
You can do what I did, I'm using Witchfire brew flask for 3rd curse, without discipline at im 10k+ ES which I find enough for now. Idea of bow + quiver is nice but i think poeple use it with Occultist class? Its not for me im addicted to WB :D

@austeemo
Vaal Regalia is the best as it can get highest ES, but I find it to expensive and im using eva/es chest mine isnt great its only 450es, but you can get 500+/500+ fairly cheap, this will also solve issue with chromes as you can easly get colours you want

@arlen2015

Well, my gear is not that bad, I have same 10,7 es w/o discipline now, but only ~18k dot. It's 19/20 ED though with 19/20 supports. I've rolled spell damage/chaos damage almost on every possible item. Are all of your gems 21lvl?
So, a little update on the build from my side:

I'm now lvl 91, and are completing the last few maps I miss in the (not-unique) atlas, before going in direction of the guardians + shaper.
I switched to Enf. + Temp Chains on Blasphemy, as well as running a Witchfire for Vulnerability. In case of Vulnerability I run Discipline.

Atm I am using 2 delirium daggers - they seem to be bugged to add on top of each other, so until that gets fixed it is probably the best damage option - though you do lose around 2k (or more) ES by not having a shield, so that is still the far safer option. You do get the juicy increased attack speed for whirling blades from dual wielding though, as well as a big chunk of block (I am dual wielding sais) akin to a shield.

As soon as the delirium does not stack anymore (honestly - maybe they fixed it already?) it is probably best to go back to delirium + shield, or dual wielding delirium + consuming dark (probably preferable with good enough gear).

I also got rid of the auxium belt for a chain belt with some higher es + resistances, since I miss now the resistances from the shield. Works good so far - anti freeze flasks takes care of most things anyway.

My gear atm.:

"
zifilis wrote:
@arlen2015

Well, my gear is not that bad, I have same 10,7 es w/o discipline now, but only ~18k dot. It's 19/20 ED though with 19/20 supports. I've rolled spell damage/chaos damage almost on every possible item. Are all of your gems 21lvl?

My gems are 19/20 (in process of lvling :) ) besides ED and controlled destruction they are both 20/20. I would suggest buying curropted 20/20 ED this alone will boost your dmg

I've nice jewels which boost my dmg, also few items which does it to through chaos/proj dmg

my dmg
http://imgur.com/a/0whBD

Last edited by arlen2015 on Oct 6, 2016, 8:46:43 AM
"
sikker wrote:
EDIT:
OK I just ended the minotuar fight.
It took my just under 30 mins I think. Because I died all 6 times on that boss fight. Else it would have taken much longer if I had to get the kill.
Granted I did have +40% life and Enfeeble on the map, but unless there is some mechanic I missed (and I am pretty sure there wasn't 'cause I checked guides), I can't recommend this build if you want to kill the minotaur. It was just ridiculous and very much not fun.

OK. I have run Minotaur again, and succeeded with 1 death. The key for me was to use the new Decay modifier (Essence of Delirium). Damage becomes higher and everything is just easier. Still it took a while because the Minotaur is highly resistant to our only damage type: chaos.

So be patient, have very good defenses, and it is possible.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info