[2.4] The Master of Agony - CI / ZO + Tri-Curse Essence Drain / Contagion Trickster

Build still works, I have a little bit diffrent tree which better suits me. Killed all guardians with it, didn't try Shaper yet :) My profile is not private so if any1 wana check it be my guest ;)
"
MrHoneymoon wrote:
I build a pretty similar build with scion in Breach, it works fine. but I cant get past 30k dot damage somehow.
max i can increase is +50% increased projectile damage.(tree difference between scion and shadow) + a little bit of spell damage on the shield. but all the rest i pretty much the same

got all jewels with 3x dps double dip stats, ED 20/21, all support gems 20% and lvl 20.
really almost everything the same.

so i am confused. did they nerf ED or the way the sheet dps for it is calculated?
or did you use some weird buffs when you did your screenshot? even with witchfire and sulphur i can only get 35k.

(went for deadeye and occultist ascendency)

i pretty much have no explaination. except the fact that those 56% increased cast speed you get through shadow trickster push the sheet dmg so up high.

The scion build I published in the forum was based from my Talisman League character, and got a lot of updates after that league, cause of new itemization and ascendancy classes.

This trickster version is quite different from the scion one, because it's more survivability-oriented and less damage-oriented.

And I'm currently working on updating both this and the scion one to match up the new things which Essence and Breach brought to the game.

After I published and updated the builds, GGG nerfed the damage coefficient on the pierce gem, so all my screenshots pre 2.4 should be "handled with care"; with the current gem setup, the damage over time component is about 10% lower than my old screenshot's one.

@D_Caesar: I guess I'm a bit late on the answer, I think you have solved all the problems in the meanwhile. If you need something, feel free to ask btw. :)

@simakover: Trickster has an immense survivability when compared to any other caster. Stone golem is very useful for the ES regen and for the tankiness. I've never felt the need for a CWDT setup, but if you feel more comfortable with that, stick with it!

@arlen2015: I'm currently testing both the trickster and the Scion for ED gameplay. Trickster is still CI and I'm deploying a lowlife variant for the scion (which has always been more damage-oriented for my playstyle), and it's amazing so far. When I get the chance I will update both builds.

A thing to point out is the decay essence mod. That is an absolute must for both ascendancies. I'm going dual wield with both trickster and Scion (consuming dark + decay dagger), it's very beneficial for single targeting, especially for the toughest fights.

Another thing to say is that Heretic's veil isn't necessary anymore. Witchfire brew won the competition, especially for mapping, so we can use a heavy ES hubris circlet to partially compensate the loss of the shield.
Hi EDers.

I've been using this character since the start of breach. It's the first I've ever gone over 90 or even focused on any one char at all or built up anything resembling wealth. I definitely have more in breach now than I've ever had in standard.

It's super fun and I appreciate everyone's contributions to the build, and wanted to share some of my own tweaks:

1. Decay is definitely the big winner--I haven't tried it dual wielding because I have a lot of resists and such on my shield, but it sounds fun.

2. I'm not using Doedre's anymore and I don't have a 17ex +1 curse chayula. I feel pretty safe with just one defensive curse, and of course witchfire does the damage--so it's only one blasphemy. Because of the freed up mana, I occasionally use an aura. I actually usually use haste, because my whirling blades just never felt as fast as I wanted them to. This is clearly just a qol thing--but I like it.

I'm running three different setups at the moment, depending on my mood.

v1: With a 6L, 750ES vaal regalia (no empower, 20/20 ED) I do about 30k DOT and have 12k ES (with a 400ES hubris). I could run the extra curse with this and call it the most standard version. There is nothing wrong with doing it this way, and I played up to 92 like this (except actually with a veil--so usually more like 10-11k ES, even though I didn't really need it).

v2: With a Devoto's devotion with 12% contagion AOE enchant. This is for clearing maps crazy, crazy fast. I hate it when the contagion doesn't spread, so I like the 12% here--and I hate being slow, (see above re: haste) so devoto's is great. I run haste with this and the vaal regalia and I'm at like 9.8k if memory servers. More than enough in most cases--though I probably won't run shaper like this--it's more for blazing through t10-15 maps trying to get to 10,000.

v3--my current favorite: With a 3g2b1r skin of the loyal and an empower lvl3. Ummmmm this thing is freaking amazing. My DOT goes to 38k and my ES drops to a totally workable 10k--you don't need god-tier ES gear for this either--my hubris is 400es and my shield is 430es. Evasion also goes up because of the 100% global defenses on the skin of the loyal. I'm not going to just claim this is BiS, because you have to work out your resists elsewhere--but it's pretty amazing to jump from 30 to 38k DOT without losing too much in the way of defense--and in someways you end up gaining it--you really end up trading some ES for some evasion. Evasion doesn't sound as cool but it's nice to have. I can't imagine what a 21/20 ED and lvl4 empower would do to this (not to mention a corrupted +1 skin)? I guess I could spend every exalt I have (and more) to find out------but I'm hoping to corrupt my way to that later. A note on this 30k->38k tooltip jump: it's not, percentage-wise, changing quite this much because a lot of my damage is coming from decay and not ED. But the +1 to the supports and the +4 to ED is definitely noticeable.

Spoiler

Now I know how all the people running decay on 6L bows felt, except I get to keep whirling blades and a shield. If I get a six million ES shield, I'd love to run skin of the loyal with devoto's.

I'll add my gear and make sure everything is public soon. I am very noob re: this forum so I have to figure out how to do that first. Just figured people would want to know how the Skin of the Loyal works.

Last edited by roadsoda on Jan 13, 2017, 6:42:49 PM
You are right on some points.

If resistances are not an issue - an this would mean not using Auxium and Doedre's, thus having a +1 Chayula, a second ring focused on resistances and a very good crystal belt - a possible endgame setup would be:

- 3G2B1R Skin of the Lords with Phase acrobatics (or +1 Skin of the Loyal)
- +1 curse Chayula
- Decay + Consuming dark
- Godly Crystal belt + Hubris + Fingerless silk gloves + rings
- Brinerot Whalers OR crazy high ES Sorcerer Boots with 25-30% movement speed on

The contagion enchant is very good for clearing maps, while the Essence Drain enchant is the best for single target. I loved Vulnerability / Temp Chains enchants too before this league, but the new map mods (75% LESS curse effect in red maps) make curses more unreliable, so I'd stick with enchants which work all the time.

As to the decay weapon, I'd use a Sai dagger, which adds a nice 6% free block implicit to the mix.
Last edited by djnat on Jan 14, 2017, 7:47:12 AM
Can anyone give me an advice on why is my damage so tiny? Im using a bit different skilltree but all the importand damage nodes are taken, yet i only have 27k tooltip.
Here's the build:
Gear:
Spoiler

Flasks:
Spoiler

Skilltree: https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYCAAMeA-4HHgkgDR8NfA5ID6sRLxFQEZYTbRQJFdcWvxhqGYoabBqPGyUc3B1PHb4fQSL0JIsmiCj6Kwospiy_M4c1uTeDPCg8tkGHSRNJUUuuTINSr1ZjV8lYB1xAXGtd8mJaZ_xqjGwLbRlwu3DUdIF1nnaCeC985X_GgseESITFhq6Hy4ngjxqPRo_6kNaTH5MnlS6XBpf0m6GbtZy-na6i2aOjpuunCKcrp5utSrDYtAy00bVItzC4k7tNvorDOsNtxKLIDMgUytPPFdlb2jvdX9-Y5ljpAuq662Pr7uwY8NX1b_ba98H31_mk-ej7CQ==[/spoiler]
Defenses are incredible, 11k ES and all these curses make it almost inpossible to die.
I'll probably have to get gear with better resists to be able to switch to auxium.
Last edited by Tetrahom on Jan 19, 2017, 9:04:04 AM
Your essence drain is lvl 19. This means that a lvl 21 (and 20q) one would give you approximately 23% MORE damage, considering you are using a lvl 4 Empower.

Considering all possible gear upgrades (rings with %chaos damage essence craft), this build should achieve about 40k Essence Drain DOT while under the effect of Witchfire Brew.

I highly recommend, as I stated in a previous post, to use a good hubris circlet instead of Heretic's Veil, so you can gain some serious resistances and switch to better jewelry.

And when you feel comfortable with the ES pool and resistances, you can remove the shield and go dual wielding for a massive damage increase, using a Sai dagger with the decay essence craft and Consuming Dark.

How are you activating the 3rd curse if you are not wearing Doedre's Damning or a +1 Chayula?
Thanks for the tips, im using 2 curses + discipline. I could switch to tri-curse but that will lower my es to about 9.6k, i don't know about that, as for hubris... i guess it could work, i'll read your previous posts on the matter before switching.
Little update from me, finaly got decent chaos dmg ring and 21/20 ED (selfcrafted) :) I think I'm ready for shaper now we will see how it goes. Next thing I'm planning to do is buy empower lvl4 and switch to 800es+ regalia and last step will be dual delirium + consuming dark :)

My damage below

DoT without flask

DoT with flasks

Quick update lucky today got empower lvl4 (vaaled myself) dmg now is even higher as expected check this out 51k with flask up :D

Last edited by arlen2015 on Jan 20, 2017, 5:39:35 AM
What's your ES value with skin of the loyal at the moment? 51k dot is really good for ED, if your ES is still decent I'd stay with that body armour.
"
djnat wrote:
What's your ES value with skin of the loyal at the moment? 51k dot is really good for ED, if your ES is still decent I'd stay with that body armour.

10.5k now, will go up once i upgrade belt to cystal ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info