[2.4] The Master of Agony - CI / ZO + Tri-Curse Essence Drain / Contagion Trickster

Bump with a question.

How viable is this build after the current changes in this league ? Has anyone tried it yet? I'm thinking of going with it for HC? Any advices ?
"
booneht_ wrote:
Bump with a question.

How viable is this build after the current changes in this league ? Has anyone tried it yet? I'm thinking of going with it for HC? Any advices ?

I am currently busy with another char in the new league, so I couldn't try if the build's fine in Breach. When I get the chance, I will update it for sure.

@Sittex: Spell Echo doesn't work with wither. :)
Last edited by djnat on Dec 13, 2016, 8:19:53 PM
I'm building a quad curse occultist with both Vulnerability and Projectile Weakness,
but atm I'm still stuck with tri-curse so I'm still wondering,
Vulnerability vs Projectile Weakness?

I've been unable to find advice elsewhere, only some speculation that projectile dmg only applies to the initial ED hit and not the contagion assisted spread.
I am very sceptical to that theory tho.
Last edited by Moomeh on Dec 14, 2016, 12:17:45 PM
"
Moomeh wrote:
I'm building a quad curse occultist with both Vulnerability and Projectile Weakness,
but atm I'm still stuck with tri-curse so I'm still wondering,
Vulnerability vs Projectile Weakness?

I've been unable to find advice elsewhere, only some speculation that projectile dmg only applies to the initial ED hit and not the contagion assisted spread.
I am very sceptical to that theory tho.

Projectile Weakness is useless for Essence Drain, since it doesn't increase the damage over time component of the skill. It only boosts the initial damage of the ED bullet.

I have tested this several times, and Vulnerability >>>> Proj Weakness forever.
For essence drain support, is there a reason you use Void Manipulation rather than Controlled Destruction? It seems to me CD would add more DPS. Is the 100% reduction in crit the reason?
"
quillynn wrote:
For essence drain support, is there a reason you use Void Manipulation rather than Controlled Destruction? It seems to me CD would add more DPS. Is the 100% reduction in crit the reason?

NEVERMIND you have both, IGNORE ME
can you help me optimizing and priorizing my ED/Contagion build?
atm lv71 and about 10c in the stash
bandits always killed for 3 extra points

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/D_Caesar/characters

any gear/sockets/flask suggestion?

my ed does 6.5k tooltip dps and 13k dot
I also have 5 unassigned points
6408 es with lv17 discipline on (still missing the 250 flat es from ascendacy)
should i go for CI now (i'm missing eye of chayula) or should i take some more es nodes before?

should i priorize chaos dmg nodes near +1 curse nodes?
should i spend 7 points for getting 16% reduced mana reserved? would it be enough to run 2 curses?
how do i manage mana then?
which ascendacy points from uber lab?
should i go for templar aoe nodes?
is increased duration dps booster? how does it work for this build?

aoe would be nice clearspeed boost, but i may miss some dps maybe
idk how to preceed / what is better overall, since the main tree should be complete at 90 or below
i'd like to run clear speed maps as high as possible and being able to complete 36challenges
I build a pretty similar build with scion in Breach, it works fine. but I cant get past 30k dot damage somehow.
max i can increase is +50% increased projectile damage.(tree difference between scion and shadow) + a little bit of spell damage on the shield. but all the rest i pretty much the same

got all jewels with 3x dps double dip stats, ED 20/21, all support gems 20% and lvl 20.
really almost everything the same.

so i am confused. did they nerf ED or the way the sheet dps for it is calculated?
or did you use some weird buffs when you did your screenshot? even with witchfire and sulphur i can only get 35k.

(went for deadeye and occultist ascendency)

i pretty much have no explaination. except the fact that those 56% increased cast speed you get through shadow trickster push the sheet dmg so up high.
Last edited by MrHoneymoon on Dec 28, 2016, 10:58:03 PM
Sorry, I have been super busy in the last 10 days. I'll answer all the questions later today. :)
Hello, why you use stone golem setup? it is better that CWDT-IC setup?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info