The Endgame Labyrinth

this actually sounds worth grinding for
"
"
Cambob wrote:
PoE came out in 2013. Thousands and thousands of players have completed every possible aspect of the game with every new buff and nerf.
Ascendancy came out in March 2016 and you can still complete every aspect of the game, including the lab without Ascendancy points.
You just can't faceroll it with some uber cookie builds. Aww.
It actually takes time, thought, struggle, skill, pain, suffering... Aww.
The reward is what you lust for, but you're not willing to suffer the cost. Aww.
Aww..ptional.

"...More importantly it does not take anything other than time to do lab in any of its iterations. Its not hard, its unforgiving and wastes time not because the people playing lack the skill to do it or the gear but because a split second lapse in judgement or a lag spike renders a lot of their time useless. It also punishes a lot of play styles which is never a good design decision regardless of whatever throwaway cookie cutter comment you decide to use.

Its all a matter of time spent to reward acquired..."

You're blaming a player's "split second lapse in judgement"? - Yup, no facerolling here!
You're complaining the lab "wastes time"? - It's a game...
You're saying some play styles (builds) can't do some content? - What a shock.
You're complaining about lag spikes? - Since 2013, vastly more people have died to Piety lags than the lab. Should we remove her act 3 fight and just give players 2 passive points for logging in?

The reward is what you lust for, but you're not willing to suffer the cost. Aww.
Some like it, some don't. Enchants are RNG. Those aren't the issue.

The issue is the Lab is an unnecessarily deadly online timing puzzle that severely impacts HC players. It gates character progression behind mechanics that are trivial to some builds, impossible for others.

I'm the Ps guy: Psomm, Pso, Psong, pso-on and pso-phorth.
"
Cambob wrote:
"
"
Cambob wrote:
PoE came out in 2013. Thousands and thousands of players have completed every possible aspect of the game with every new buff and nerf.
Ascendancy came out in March 2016 and you can still complete every aspect of the game, including the lab without Ascendancy points.
You just can't faceroll it with some uber cookie builds. Aww.
It actually takes time, thought, struggle, skill, pain, suffering... Aww.
Aww..ptional.

"...More importantly it does not take anything other than time to do lab in any of its iterations. Its not hard, its unforgiving and wastes time not because the people playing lack the skill to do it or the gear but because a split second lapse in judgement or a lag spike renders a lot of their time useless. It also punishes a lot of play styles which is never a good design decision regardless of whatever throwaway cookie cutter comment you decide to use.

Its all a matter of time spent to reward acquired..."

You're blaming a player's "split second lapse in judgement"? - Yup, no facerolling here!
You're complaining about lag spikes? - Since 2013, vastly more people have died to Piety lags than the lab. Should we remove her act 3 fight and just give players 2 passive points for logging in?

Tried to have a civilized discussion with a troll, who am I kidding?!

[Removed by Support]
~ I am Wreaclast middle class and proud of it!
~ Poor investment =/= entitlement to compensation.
~ Build smart, build S-mart!
Last edited by Nichelle_GGG on May 25, 2016, 2:50:09 PM
I honestly think trap damage should be split between base and percentual damage.
Like, one set of spikes doing 1.000 Damage + 25% of your HP instead of 50% of your HP. Why so? Well, because right now the lab unnecessarily punishes my high-HP builds.

If someone with 4K HP touches a spike trap, he gets around 2K damage.
If my 10K Marauder touches a spike trap, he gets around 5K damage.
Problem is that we both are using 1K Life Flasks. See my gripe?

Lab traps just encourages people to move faster. Why not force everyone to move at 0% speed (no matter how much they specced/geared towards speed) since you force everyone to take 50% of their life as damage (no matter how much they specced/geared for life)? Screw with all builds alike >:(

And as for the Endgame Labyrinth... I'm mostly concerned that the stupid new traps will just be another thing for ranged characters to pretty much ignore (just shoot a volley like shown in the video) while melees are incredible screwed by them, dying while trying to get to them to start DPSing them down...

Also worried that Izaro can one-shoot my 10K Marauder making movement again the only real "defense", and DPS the only way to reduce the amount of tries he gets to one-shoot you, no matter your defenses.

Oh, and the "Hurts you when you use a movement skill"... I have played Leap Slam as my main skill in the past, and it sucks that it would punish anyone doing that.
Also, don't freaking forget to do an exception for Cyclone, like with the Haku spirits.
Last edited by Kaemonarch on May 25, 2016, 2:49:22 PM
More Laby? Ughhhhhhh.
Hail Thor-show thy might, Let thunder roar and lightning strike! Hurl thy hammer into the fray, And let thine enemies know fear this day!

Its all a matter of time spent to reward acquired..." [/quote]

The reward is what you lust for, but you're not willing to suffer the cost. Aww.[/quote]

Tried to have a civilized discussion with a troll, who am I kidding?!

[Removed by Support][/quote]

This troll cant grasp the concept of liking or disliking something. It somehow goes over his head.
Suffering tedium is not equal to challenging gameplay to earn your prize. Simple. Not hard to get.

Traps are boring, padding content that doesnt fit. It fits if they force it to fit.
Last edited by Nichelle_GGG on May 25, 2016, 2:56:08 PM
"
Glowyrm wrote:
"
Coffee219 wrote:
Chris Wilson said on State of Exile that those that do not like the lab are a minority, but that simply is not true. There are a few straw polls that can prove that.

GGGs metrics are more proof than straw polls, come on now.

There's only one problem with this. If the metrics are based on how many people are doing the lab then it's skewed simply because a lot of people will do the lab whether they like it or not (including me) because they want ascendency points. As for everything else, I'm not saying I want labs to be removed per se. I am only stating my opinion and offering suggestions for things that can be changed. I do not like labs in their current state, but if changes were implemented labs could be enjoyable for me and probably others who do not currently enjoy them (I say "probably others" because I do not like speaking for other people).
"
Psomm wrote:

The issue is the Lab is an unnecessarily deadly online timing puzzle that severely impacts HC players. It gates character progression behind mechanics that are trivial to some builds, impossible for others.

Detonate Dead is an unnecessarily deadly skill that impacts HC players - Note the recent ZiggyD death and classic Kripp death to Detonate Dead in Springs Map. Where are the screams of anguish about DD?

Ascendancy is character progression, just like killing Piety in Act 3. And you get point rewards in both scenarios. Piety gates progression behind mechanics that are trivial to some builds, impossible for others. Where are the screams of anguish about Piety-Gate!!

The core hate of lab is that it's a 1 shot deal requiring build flexibility and careful planning.
In real life, the marines have a saying: "Improvise, Adapt and Overcome"

Improvise: Switch weapon is a bow and you use blink arrow/mirror arrow to navigate around, over and through traps. No build changes. No real skill. Blink allows you to hop over trap layouts and across open spaces. The mirror clone show when damage spots occur ahead of you. Increases safety factor substantially.

Adapt: Since your build can't faceroll a certain trap, try avoiding it. (see bow trick above)

Overcome: Once you reach Izzy, Switch weapon back to your normal trinket and kill him with your uber build. Rinse and repeat as necessary.

Will this bow trick work for everyone? I don't care. It works for me and makes the 2.2 lab a breeze.

Ok, back to crying about how hard and time consuming the lab is...
"
Cambob wrote:
"
Psomm wrote:

... repeated himself because he thinks it's so convincing...

Wrong on many levels, however dead wrong when comparing monster kills to traps.

Kills can be bought by someone who is not comfortable killing or has a poorly designed build for the encounter. Traps MUST be completed individually.
I'm the Ps guy: Psomm, Pso, Psong, pso-on and pso-phorth.
Last edited by Psomm on May 25, 2016, 3:07:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info