If retrospective nerf to Consuming Dark will make it to release I will hate you soooo much!

"
Shppy wrote:
Sounds like someone's pretty desperate to hang onto their overpowered build. Admit it, this has nothing to do with any 'previous philosophy', it has everything to do with clinging to chaos conversion and the excess power it reeks of at the moment.

If GGG would keep to their previous philosophy and hadn't implemented this "chaos patch", those build would not be overpowered and those items would not need to be destroyed.

It's catering to temp league will-play-for-two-weeks players which kills any interesting aspect of this game. GGG breaks this game to keep them one week more active but it's anyway futile.

Anticipation slowly dissipates...
"
e1337donkey wrote:
You should never play an online game that patches their game on a consistent basis like this.
Unless your build is just to default attack, expect that it can and will change at some point.
Sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse.

Personally Consuming Dark imo is a poorly designed unique. It gives spell dmg, crit, chaos conversion, and free poison. But it doesn't take anything away from you. Some of the better designed uniques have some drawback which makes you think about how to use them in your build.

Infernal Mantle is a better designed because atleast you have to think about taking the extra damage from it. You have to craft your build to deal with that mechanic. Kaoms Heart gives ton of life but no sockets and lack of armor/resists.

Consuming Dark on the other hand becomes borderline legendary status where it dwarfs the other options because of how powerful it is. If it goes to 30%, it will still be a solid unique for some builds. Just not something everyone goes after.

It is huge opportunity cost since you can get way better results with even mediocre wand. If you want 100% conversion you need to have two of them. Again huge opportunity cost because you could have shield instead. And it was not that cheap before Perandus came in.
Last edited by Diphal on May 24, 2016, 4:08:32 AM
"
Shppy wrote:
Sounds like someone's pretty desperate to hang onto their overpowered build. Admit it, this has nothing to do with any 'previous philosophy', it has everything to do with clinging to chaos conversion and the excess power it reeks of at the moment.

Sure, chaos Incinerate is sooooo OP. 23k DPS with all gems 21/20 or 20/23 (depending on what's better) including auras Anger 21/20 and Empower 21/20. I literally have no other way how to push DPS of Incinerate higher without having several hundreds of Exalts for +1 level go gems on gloves and chest.
Last edited by Diphal on May 24, 2016, 4:21:23 AM
Incinerate itself was gimped some patchs ago. Try with chaos ice trap and fire storm.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
"
Incinerate itself was gimped some patchs ago. Try with chaos ice trap and fire storm.

In other words - reroll. Preferably in temp league. Yea I got that message from GGG. No thanks.
I love nerfs

Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
this dude has no idea what we have been through. Crown of Eyes is 10c now, used to be 50ex. (coe nerf)

Shavs was 125ex and now its 15-18ex. (blood rage gem nerf, general leech changes)

Void Battery was 75ex. Now its 4ex. (shutter chuck coc interval nerf)

windripper unlinked was 50ex. (after low life nerf and blood rage nerf, and finally creatures started to deal higher damage and windripper lost its value)

Unfair things gets nerfed.

Get over with it.

I've never joined to the Chaos meta hype train. From my past experiences with GGG, i knew from the start that all these chaos conversion items are going to be nerfed to ground.

With my Mirrored Bow, this game allows me to have 111k LA dps(more than enough still) MAXIMUM with chain + light pen and i barely survive to reflect with having half phys half light damage, instant leech thanks to acuiy and picking life leech nodes from tree. I have 6.2k life, acrobatics, bla bla. you see the picture. I can get 500k-650k LA dps too if i want to(check my gear you'll figure out how) Then again, This game doesnt allow me to use such setup, otherwise OF course beeing able to use such setup without having downsides would be unfair for everyone. So there is a mechanic called ''reflect''

Here is the interesting part... listen:

with voltaxic bow, i can get 175k LA dps, WHICH is FAR better than mirrored bow. no reflect. no shit. Shock too. BAM BAM BAM.

you can easily trivialize every boss in the game with such dps.

This applies to consuming dark too. I had A flameblaster build. I had 24k dps with my gg spell casting maces. I couldnt survive from reflect damage while i was tuning my damage to 9k. On the other hand, while using consuming dark 75% i had 16k dps and reflect was not a problem.

Please explain to me how this can be fair?

Thanks

"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on May 24, 2016, 6:11:50 AM
"
Rupenus wrote:
...Please explain to me how this can be fair?

Thanks

I won't talk about Voltaxic vs mirrored bow because I don't understand ranged builds.

What I do understand tho are caster builds. I wouldn't consider Consuming Dark as a cheap item before Perandus came in and I'm quite SURE you could always get WAY BETTER damage results with rare wands. Especially when you are talking about GG rares.

If you are crying that dying on reflect with mirrored glass canon is unfair, well I cant help you. And I've been there too and I've chosen chaos over maximum damage - just because it was an option which solved the reflect. And I payed with lower damage. And yes I think it was and is fair.

I dunno if the situation with Voltaxic is same, but if not, then they should address Voltaxic directly and not other not related builds.

If you ask me, reflect is bullshit and should be removed completely. Game should be difficult in different way then just being faceroll untill you oneshot yourself because of too high damage. But that's the issue here... GGG will rather nerf items, even retrospectively rather than removing reflect and creating some kinda of infinite scaling system, which would challenge even mirrored builds like yours.

Last edited by Diphal on May 24, 2016, 6:39:15 AM
"
Diphal wrote:
"
Rupenus wrote:
...Please explain to me how this can be fair?

Thanks

I won't talk about Voltaxic vs mirrored bow because I don't understand ranged builds.

What I do understand tho are caster builds. I wouldn't consider Consuming Dark as a cheap item before Perandus came in and I'm quite SURE you could always get WAY BETTER damage results with rare wands. Especially when you are talking about GG rares.

If you are crying that dying on reflect with mirrored glass canon is unfair, well I cant help you. And I've been there too and I've chosen chaos over maximum damage - just because it was an option which solved the reflect. And I payed with lower damage. And yes I think it was and is fair.

I dunno if the situation with Voltaxic is same, but if not, then they should address Voltaxic directly and not other not related builds.

If you ask me, reflect is bullshit and should be removed completely. Game should be difficult in different way then just being faceroll untill you oneshot yourself because of too high damage. But that's the issue here... GGG will rather nerf items, even retrospectively rather than removing reflect and creating some kinda of infinite scaling system, which would challenge even mirrored builds like yours.

sorry sire but 6.2k life is glass cannon? I have like 190% life from tree and that is considered as 'HC viable' life% amount. And I dont die to reflect. Voltaxic offers better reflect free damage than mirrored bow.

isnt my point very clear?

Consuming dark offers better reflect free dps than mirrored wand.

thats my point.

it takes 1000-2000 eternals(which got banned recently) to craft a mirrored wand. Such amount of currency is like 6-7 life time map farming.(im not taking flipping items into consideration) and consuming dark just drops out from mobs in maps.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on May 24, 2016, 6:46:36 AM
But those are right that say before chaos was buffed to the actual levels, this was simply not possible. Of course this was mostly to bust the "regular" chaos builds that don´t use VOltax, and it made use of it. To be honest, i also don´t see wy a voltax should be better than a 300pdps+ bow, and certainly it should not outclass a mirrored phys crit bow with any build.

I don´t own a mirrored bow in standard, just some 6l phys crit bows that are in the 350-400 range and those are expensive enough for most players, and not easy to obtain in a league. That is also pretty much the main reason why i went "on the hype train" this league. Voltax builds were cheap and cheerfull! And i don´t see a point why bow builds should be so damn more difficult to equip than many other strong builds. And imho that has always been the case with phys bow builds. Biggest problem has been crafting or acquiring a good enough bow, to do good enough damage for endgame. Most unique bows that you can easily afford come with big nasty downsides.

I find it okay if i have to balance my gear so i can cope with the game mechanics. My standard tshot ranger deals around 150k tshot fully charged and can still kind of deal with reflect - but that´s not
making it FUN. It is a carefull balance between hit chance, evasion, the right passives. To some extend ok, but as it is right now i still find it very annoying. Also i think if i finally can afford a mirrored bow - why should i have a real big downside if i actually make full use of its potential? Thing is: no need to own one, if i have to throttle on my dps for reflect. When i can do similar with a 360pdps bow and be about as "safe" with a few random death here and there that most rangers suffer from.

Getting an insane dps output with a very very expensive and rare weapon (non unique) should imho not be punished...it´s a long time goal most people can only go for on standard. And its not as if anyone cares, as there is no competition on std league. Limiting Voltax to a point where it does not outclass 10ex+ crafted bows is reasonable and necessary i guess.

"Get over with it" - Yes - you are absolutely right looking at the past of POE. If there is an OP builds, its gonna be bashed to pieces after one league of glory. It has always been like this. My only big issue with that is that usually they go to hard on the nerf hammer. Remember when they made spectral trow entirely unplayable overnight - nerfing the dps output so far that almost nobody played it till ascendancy? I don´t like it if builds get destroyed just to make people play something else again. Some people like to stick to things and don´t wanna try out new stuff or other classes all the time. Thats what i dislike...not many builds that really last long in this game if they are good.

I like my bowers and have often played them when something else was hype, even after hard nerfs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info