If retrospective nerf to Consuming Dark will make it to release I will hate you soooo much!

Seriously, why do you nerf that Dagger again.

I get it. Chaos builds are too common in temp leagues. But why the hell you are not trying to search what caused this issue in the first place? I mean, from all high tier map rotations I've been in recently it was very rare to meet chaos build without counting myself.

All items were there for ages, yet they were not considered as an issue for the most of their existence. Until you came in with Perandus. League where EVERYTHING is accessible.

From these three items only Infernal Mantle was always cheap. But this item has huge downside with increased damage taken on low mana and has low chaos conversion.

Consuming Dark on the other hand was more expensive and provided you only with conversion, mediocre spell damage and crit. No proj speed, no cast speed, no added ele damage which are all opportunity cost when using CD instead of better rare wand. Yet you had to pay quite a bit of exalts.

Lastly - Voltaxic. If I remember correctly this item provides you "only" with conversion and keeps the chance to shock. Yet it was considered insanely expensive and hard to get even in times when there was no damn poison. Then you came in with Perandus, league where sooo many people were celebrating how they can afford everything, even these most expensive items. And then, when everyone finally using these items, GGG comes in and NERF EVERYBODY even people which have nothing to do with Voltaxic or even whole Perandus league.

So. GGG. Can u explain to me why I should keep playing your game when you are suddenly going to punish my build which is not even close to be related to this issue?

Because when I look at it... it seems to me you caused this chaos popularity problem by making these previously expensive items accessible to everybody. And after all the time you had to observe this issue your solution is to nerf everything even retrospectively?

This happend to my build in Diablo 3 with release of Reaper of Souls and I never played that game since then. I'm veeery close to apply same treatment to this game.
Last edited by Diphal on May 24, 2016, 3:23:00 AM
Last bumped on May 24, 2016, 1:47:40 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Crawling ma skin these wounds will not HEAL.

It's fucked up sure but there's honestly nothing we can do.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Crawling ma skin these wounds will not HEAL.

It's fucked up sure but there's honestly nothing we can do.

Hell ye I can do something about that... I can spam them until they change their mind!
Last edited by Diphal on May 24, 2016, 3:13:53 AM
Eh one man spam doesn't do anything it takes an entire army of reddit and this specific forum of feedback for them to change their mind.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Its already a done deal, chris confirmed it in the last state of exile. Consuming Dark, Voltaxic and Infernal Mantle will be nerfed.
"
Eh one man spam doesn't do anything it takes an entire army of reddit and this specific forum of feedback for them to change their mind.

Then I will be part of that army. That's all I can do and I will. Else I will quit because if they break previous philosophy and consistency once they might do it again. Who knows what gets retrospective nerf in the next patch. I find this unacceptable.
Last edited by Diphal on May 24, 2016, 3:27:20 AM
You should never play an online game that patches their game on a consistent basis like this.
Unless your build is just to default attack, expect that it can and will change at some point.
Sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse.

Personally Consuming Dark imo is a poorly designed unique. It gives spell dmg, crit, chaos conversion, and free poison. But it doesn't take anything away from you. Some of the better designed uniques have some drawback which makes you think about how to use them in your build.

Infernal Mantle is a better designed because atleast you have to think about taking the extra damage from it. You have to craft your build to deal with that mechanic. Kaoms Heart gives ton of life but no sockets and lack of armor/resists.

Consuming Dark on the other hand becomes borderline legendary status where it dwarfs the other options because of how powerful it is. If it goes to 30%, it will still be a solid unique for some builds. Just not something everyone goes after.
They nerf meta so you are not getting bored next league and try something new.

tbh I couldn't care less they nerf stuff, so boring to play same build over and over.
"
e1337donkey wrote:
Just not something everyone goes after.

No, it would be so in game with sensible and smart developers. Here, it will be not used anymore, couse GGG can nerf only to the ground or nothing. Such smartness.

Personally, I had IM/CD 100% chaos conversion build before poison era but haven't played it since poison was implemented. Was not so interesting after this all double dipping and such.

And this is most sad thing about this all nerfs. Mantle, Voltaxic, Consuming Dark etc. were underpowered but interesting items, but GGG had to implemented mechanics they are unable to control, so now, in sake to control it, they plan to destroy those items.

And this happens again and again. There is literally no point now to farm here for any item, interesting or not, because sooner or later it will be destroyed.

So this game is no longer place for players who would like their characters to live longer than temp league few weeks. But for few weeks, even D3 is more fun.
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
Last edited by tmaciak on May 24, 2016, 3:47:02 AM
"
Diphal wrote:
"

Then I will be part of that army. That's all I can do and I will. Else I will quit because if they break previous philosophy and consistency once they might do it again. Who knows what gets retrospective nerf in the next patch. I find this unacceptable.

Sounds like someone's pretty desperate to hang onto their overpowered build. Admit it, this has nothing to do with any 'previous philosophy', it has everything to do with clinging to chaos conversion and the excess power it reeks of at the moment.

As far as their 'philosophy'? It's already known they don't particularly care for legacies, it's just a flaw with their system that makes it a necessary to do at times.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info