WOW GGG banned a Master Supporter player

[Removed by Support]

^ thats the guy says banned....

OMG how much does the master supporter pack even cost?

Holy crap imagine how he must feel? this is generally why I never spend money on F2P games. Having your account banned is a serious no go for me when I have spent so much money.
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
Last edited by Rachel on May 24, 2016, 2:55:44 AM
Last bumped on Sep 7, 2016, 2:41:15 PM
"
this is generally why I never spend money on F2P games.

You have nothing to fear if you don't cheat (in any way)
It's not like it's different on a Pay-to-play game. You do bad things, you get the ban hammer.

Well, I suppose you're generally paying your money over time instead of a lump sum like with Supporter Packs.
Especially if the money spent on the game was made by using RMT or something, you can see why they'd definitely want to ban you.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
Zephryl wrote:
It's not like it's different on a Pay-to-play game. You do bad things, you get the ban hammer.

Well, I suppose you're generally paying your money over time instead of a lump sum like with Supporter Packs.

What you think they banned him for? He must have spent like what $1500 USD in support packs in POE? WTF

I wonder how GGG feels about banning a guy who spent that much money to keep them afloat though.

It is likely that GGG is now acting like a real company and going by the rules, if so we are in luck and they would soon make this game accessible for new people. GGG never striked me as a company, always striked me as a few hardcore Diablo 2 nerds creating a niche game only for hardcore nerds.

They never striked me as people who run a professional company in a professional manner since Chirs statements about POE is not for new players and its only for hardcore arpg players. You would understand why I am surprised they would ban a huge supporter like that dude.

"
dudiobugtron wrote:
Especially if the money spent on the game was made by using RMT or something, you can see why they'd definitely want to ban you.

Yeah but seriously though, banning a guy who spent $1500 US in support packs?

Its not like GGG is a professional company, Chris said POE is for hardcore ARPG nerds and not for newbies or casuals. This indicates POE is funded by people like him so I don't quite understand the logic in banning him regardless if he paid to win or not.

Its not like people like me are funding POE its people like him and GGG knows its people like him who are funding POE since POE does not cater to newbies etc.

Though I must admit as time goes by POE becomes more like D3 and as it comes closer to being a D3 game I am tempted to buy a supporter pack

Probably because nobody wants to play a game where you can pay to cheat?

I don't see many people getting outright banned, so, it was probably either something serious, or a more minor thing he's done many times.
"
TriniGamer wrote:
He must have spent like what $1500 USD in support packs in POE? WTF

$430 if those are the only supporter packs he bought.

Buying supporter packs doesn't excuse you from the ToS. :P
Just a lowly standard player. May RNGesus be with you.
I view spending money here like I would for any other entertainment. Would you spend, say, 15 bucks going to the movies every couple weeks? Okay, so...I don't go to the movies, so 52/2*15 is 390 that I'm not spending on the movies, yes? But I'd be willing to do so, if I enjoyed going to movies....So why not spend money on what I DO enjoy? It's not any different, really, just a different place to get your entertainment.

Also...Funny sidenote. My father tried to go "You spend too much money on those damn games"...I came back with "Yeah, but you spend more on cigarettes and my lungs are fine." He didn't appreciate it, but my mother was laughing too hard for him to say anything snarky. :-)

- Sheepster
Given the last login date in early 2015 i think it was probably down to using a hack tool.
At that time(it think it was about then) there was a nice big warning sent to anyone using such tools...the warning because some people claimed they were using the tool for graphical improvements not the hacks...anyone caught using them after were banned permanently regardless of their reason for using the tool.

Also, GGG have never favoured your account based on supporter status, you break the ToS you get banned, even charan would be banned.

And people like me and other supporters gladly give them money because they DO target scum baggery regardless of supporter packs or money spent.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on May 24, 2016, 2:56:04 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info