Conversion nerf leaving no legacy items = Bye

pretty sure voltaxic nerf is just the beginning wait until we see any gem or passive tree nerfs related to chaos/poisen.. i cri evertime QQ
I hate to see you go :(
I might follow as well, not because of conversion nerf but because there is a new mario + sonic game coming out that will compete with PoE because of the labyrinth and since i am too good for PoE's labyrinth, i might try a more competitive platformer game where they know how it's done.

Anyway, see you in another game i guess!

Best regards,
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
I'm sorry to say that, but... your tears are delicious.

People - what the fuck?! Are you REALLY surprised? It seems like any of you people haven't played any other builds this league... I mean, seriously. :V

And legacy thing... legacies are only created when GGG can't change the item without creating legacies. They were never intended to exist. They are merely a burp of technical failures GGG made at the beginning of PoE creation.

Don't expect legacies - come on!
Be happy when they happen (if you like legacies), but never fucking expect them. If you are going to quit over not getting legacy - you might as well quit now. Forever. :v

Sad to see you go, but it is even more sad to see people misunderstand basic concepts... :S

Now, go on, lynch me. :-v My body is read.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Perq wrote:

People - what the fuck?! Are you REALLY surprised? It seems like any of you people haven't played any other builds this league... I mean, seriously. :V

And legacy thing... legacies are only created when GGG can't change the item without creating legacies. They were never intended to exist. They are merely a burp of technical failures GGG made at the beginning of PoE creation.

Be happy when they happen (if you like legacies), but never fucking expect them. If you are going to quit over not getting legacy - you might as well quit now. Forever. :v

Sad to see you go, but it is even more sad to see people misunderstand basic concepts... :S

I can't hurt allies *cries
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
tryhardgg wrote:
"
Crackmonster wrote:
"
tryhardgg wrote:
I like how C.W. laughed about the fact that there won't be legacy Voltaxic yesterday on the podcast .

Get rekt ahaha.

But honestly, where non-legacy can be created they should - question is if it makes sense to destroy it in the first place. Maybe just a less casting speed mod or something.

I don't play standard at all , so not sure who got rekt and how D:

The same targets of your statement.

The mad ones.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.

It's just a game , you don't hef 2 b mad Kappa
R.I.P 4.B.
"
ggnorekthx wrote:
Was fun while it lasted, but this is so inappropriate given how every other similar nerf always left a legacy item, including Consuming Dark itself.

I enjoy legacy items, I enjoy Hardcore permanent league, I'm fine with Temp League balance changing, but I'm not okay with you wrecking items like Voltaxic that I've spent years playing with. All signs pointed to these becoming legacy like so many other uniques in the past. I'm not a flipper, but I am a casual who has played with reflect immune builds since like 2013.

I doubt GGG are prepared for the shitstorm they just created.

You know I enjoy perma leagues aswell.. seems like GGG changed their point of view on the game since 2.0 and I don´t like where it is going at all :) Well will stay with comming online just to talk to friends and will see what future brings.
People complain about the game being too easy. So they make the game more difficult and then you still complain. Current chaos builts are so good that they are basically just like entering a cheat code.
"
"
Perq wrote:

I can't hurt allies *cries

Oh, yes you can (well, actually, you can try :P). You know my rigid stand of legacies. Still, I'm gonna chase people around, saying they should sacrifice them to the God of Balance. But on the other hand I can't quite stand people leaving the game over not getting a legacy version. :V

To me, it seems like GGG spoiled people with the idea of having legacy versions of items. If they only have done it properly from the start (dem bloody databases - how do they work :V), nobody would ever complain about no legacies. :V

Again - I accept the reality of what we have now, even without being 100% ok about it. I ask the same of you people. :P
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Gotta say....I'm not that surprised.

I don't really approve of it on the grounds that the typical par-for-the-course action has been to leave legacy versions so I think players have come to expect that. I'm not saying expectations need to be met but I don't understand the logic of not keeping these things consistent. Beyond that the game has gotten so boring I find it hard to care about changes. If I had to pick reasons to quit I might, hypothetically speaking, start with something like:

1) "Good enough" design philosophy that leaves a lackluster feel to everything in the game. Go play any other modern ARPG, seriously go do it right now. Feel the polish? Feel the devotion to ironing out kinks? This is something totally lost on GGG. Games that were made and reiterated for only a year have smoother textures, audio, skill integration, etc. It's a total fail at this point as the focus is always on new content and never on fixing things that have been broken for years.

2) Seriously cluster fucked crafting system. You could try (1) orb and win. You could try (100000) and always lose. I'm not saying it should be a 1 0 outcome but it could definitely be better than what it is right now (especially without eternals!).

3) Orange Jesus for the fail. It goes away for awhile and then it comes back to me: Should the end-game content be gated for the majority of the player base? More and more I feel that no it should not.

To be clear, I'm not "quitting" per say but I'v seriously dialed back my play time which I guess is step 1.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info