Conversion nerf leaving no legacy items = Bye

I kinda understand that chaos damage had to be adjusted somehow. But nerfing everything without making legacy items?

What happened to your "you can play your build for ages because we won't break it" ideology? I mean almost everyone from active playerbase assaults standard players whenever they can, saying how shitty std is, how nobody cares about std. And you, GGG, are feeding this situation with absolutely no love for standard. Not a single mechanic from league made it to std since Torment (all my friends I know personally did quit because of this).

Yet when it comes to handle chaos meta issue, your balance team decides to nerf everything as usual. Whats different tho is even items in standard are being nerfed - STANDARD about whom nobody cares? Like... what is this.

To clarify something - I'm not crying because of Voltaxic. I never had this item nor planned to have it. I play CI, Vaal Pact, 100% chaos Incinerate.... and I'm using Hungry Abyss. You see, this build never felt OP, especially after shitstorm treatment it got in 2.1. It is just fine. However with planned changes my leech with this jewel will be nerfed by 40% and its a lot. And nobody even mentioned this since it is not fotm.

It feels extremely punishing when your build, which is not even close to be op but you still enjoy it, gets nerfed because of something completely unrelated. This was exactly why I did quit D3 years ago and I'm very close to apply same treatment to PoE.

If you are going to say something like "stop complaining about patch which is not even live yet" just... don't. I've seen this argument being said so many times... and discussed changes made it to release anyway. Then devs didn't touch such changes for whooole temp league since they just don't do that. Hell its not even speculation, Chris himself said its going to happen.
"
If CD went to 30% and Voltaxic went to 60% and they've said they'll need the values across the board, a 40% nerf to every chaos conversion item is a safe bet.

Sure, but they can nerf some of the items less if they need to, 18% isn't a nice, tidy number.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Voltaxic will still be awesome , the other conversion uniques well you can delete them . Have fun with it .

Also reflect is a good game mechanic and should be buffed Kappa
R.I.P 4.B.
Last edited by tryhardgg on May 23, 2016, 10:21:24 AM
Funny how everyone is talking only about Voltaxic and double Consumings combined with some fotm spells. But what about people which are using not that OP skills? Like chaos Incinerate? What about builds using Hungry Abyss jewel? GGG doesn't give a shit wwhile swinging that nerf hammer... as usual.
Last edited by Diphal on May 23, 2016, 10:26:04 AM
"
Diphal wrote:
Funny how everyone is talking only about Voltaxic and double Consumings combined with some fotm spells. But what about people which are using not that OP skills? Like chaos Incinerate? What about builds using Hungry Abyss jewel? GGG doesn't give a shit wwhile swinging that nerf hammer... as usual.

Uh... what exactly makes you think any other chaos-converted skill is any more balanced to convert? Aside from the little poisoning differences in skills' ability to use duration and delivery double-dipping (which is less minor when you have access to chaos double-dipping), most bow attacks and elemental spells can abuse full chaos conversion pretty equally. Incinerate included.
Last edited by Shppy on May 23, 2016, 11:06:15 AM
This isn't any different than the global leech nerf. They aren't nerfing specific items, they are globally nerfing the conversion calculation.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
Shppy wrote:
Uh... what exactly makes you think any other chaos-converted skill is any more balanced to convert? Aside from the little poisoning differences in skills' ability to use duration and delivery double-dipping (which is less minor when you have access to chaos double-dipping), most bow attacks and elemental spells can abuse full chaos conversion pretty equally. Incinerate included.

Jesus crist, stop using doubdipping poison as argument. How relevant is poison when everything basicaly dies in oneshot?

Difference between Incinerate and other fotm build (chaos traps, chaos LA etc) is that nothing dies in oneshot.
"
mark1030 wrote:
This isn't any different than the global leech nerf. They aren't nerfing specific items, they are globally nerfing the conversion calculation.

However, they can, if needed.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
Diphal wrote:
"
Shppy wrote:

Jesus crist, stop using doubdipping poison as argument. How relevant is poison when everything basicaly dies in oneshot?

Difference between Incinerate and other fotm build (chaos traps, chaos LA etc) is that nothing dies in oneshot.

Yeah? Thanks to double dipping whatever build I make is still going to do 1m+ DPS regardless of outcome.

You're still going to see me 1 shot t15 bosses
You're still going to see me do broken builds
You're still going to see Mathil / top tier people go in another broken build and the cycle repeats itself.

Do you know why? BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T FIX of what is broken.

It's a privilege to have the best gear in the game every fucking league too which is what I do that helps so whatever the case this did NOTHING but piss the standard players off and despite I hate standard and make fun of them I do respect them in playing whatever choice they think is fun like you don't just randomly introduce legacy items in the game then remove them now look it the shitstorm hurricane.

Not a good time.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on May 23, 2016, 2:05:01 PM
"
raics wrote:
"
If CD went to 30% and Voltaxic went to 60% and they've said they'll need the values across the board, a 40% nerf to every chaos conversion item is a safe bet.

Sure, but they can nerf some of the items less if they need to, 18% isn't a nice, tidy number.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info