Why even bother playing hardcore temp leagues anymore? They're the same now

"
Temjiu wrote:
This style of HC has been around since early Diablo days (I started HC in D2 personally). it was no different then SC other then you died, once. period.

At least here you're toon goes to SC. back in D2 days (D3 as well), all your gear and stuff was lost permanently. forever. not just moved over to HC.

And both games didn't have any difference, even in achievements. But people still play and enjoy HC. either the OP is a troll, or he doesn't have a clue about why people play HC.

Liar liar pants on fire. Why must people lie on the internet? If you did play Diablo 2 you must have been very bad or didn't play for long, because you would just unlock your corpse and your friend would loot all your gear and give it back to you....

edit: proof of corpse looting
Last edited by SierraT on Jun 1, 2016, 3:24:35 AM
I am a returning player that played HC exclusively for the first year or so of me playing this game. Doing SC league for this season and I can imagine HC as being pretty daunting with the amount of information and things to keep track of now. I will say that playing SC has many enjoyable things about it. HC has a very thrilling feeling to it but there is so many things such as certain bosses that people sort of blacklist, so it can be difficult finding people to play with if you want to experience everything.Playing SC this season allows me to experience all the new stuff easier, and it is always the more populated league, and this type of game is best when played with others imo. I'll likely be in HC next season, but it is just chasing the thrill, nothing more really. I've ran into plenty of people that brag about playing HC yet are the ones dying. The superiority complex always amused me, but I never understood it.
You know what'd be really hardcore? Less chance of currency drops and less rares.
I'd also agree that HC characters should be deleted instead of transferring to SC.
I play softcore and never die. What's the dif?
"
EvilWiffles wrote:
You know what'd be really hardcore? Less chance of currency drops and less rares.
I'd also agree that HC characters should be deleted instead of transferring to SC.

Well, I will never understood this argument. Main HC players play usually temp league, noone of them continue playing their chars in standard. It's eco abusive in some cases, cause some people play HC temp league and ripping stuff early to standard. For the standard HC temp league player (like the biggest part of my F-list) there is no difference of delete and transfer to standard.

But for non HC dudes its maybe an attraction to test out HC wile you are able to continue playing after a rip in standard
"better to simply go balls deep full retard if you gonna go retard." -Boem-

"
SierraT wrote:
TLDR:0 incentive to play on hardcore-temp when its no longer any different than softcore and I could just self impose the 1 death restriction.

First they stopped making two different temp leagues.

Then they removed hardcore/softcore specific challenges.

Then they stopped making hardcore/softcore specific uniques

So what now? My char moves to std now when it dies is the only difference? Hardly worth missing out on the majority of the player base for something I could just self impose.

Because in hardcore leagues , I don't have to deal with the softcore noobs . Pretty simple.
R.I.P 4.B.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info