Why even bother playing hardcore temp leagues anymore? They're the same now

Some people like to Git Gud
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
Funny part about their decision to do this was mostly because HC complaining that SC had cooler league specific uniques. They made it all one league because it was easier and less time consuming and they didnt have to segregate the league specific items to one or another league.

Soo technically you can thank HC for that.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
mindlapse8 wrote:
Self imposing the rule doesn't give you the same thrill as when you know it's being forced on you. Especially (but not exclusive to) when many people will be like "ehh that death was BS I'll let this one slide" and don't abandon the character.

Also HC has a different economy, and you can't play with other HC players if you're just self imposing the rule in a SC league unless you play with friends who also self impose the rule, at which point it's retarded amount of conditionals and you may as well just play on HC

At the end of the day different league mods for HC doesn't mean shit or matter because at the end of the day you build high ehp pool or damage reduction to avoid as much one shots as possible, then you press right click and kill everything in 1-2 hits and it's the same game regardless of tiny differences in league mod nobody actually gives a shit about after a certain point.

Whole point of playing HC is to push and test your skills and game knowledge (basically learning how to avoid one shots and knowing which risks are not worth taking) so to say that there's no point making the game harder for yourself just means you don't enjoy the concept of HC. And the game shouldn't suck your dick and fondle your balls to make you enjoy the concept of HC more. If you don't like the difficulty and risk alone enough to play it, you probably shouldn't because it's not responsible for convincing you to like it.

1)If you "let this one slide" then you're not the person who really wants to play hardcore and you need to stop playing games and work more on learning who you really are, that's a huge sign of emotional immaturty.

2)In regards to your economy nonsense, I'm not quite sure what thought you were trying to convey.

3)You can easily push and test your skills and game knowledge in softcore, actually its must better to push it there because you invest a lot less time optimizing builds since a death won't have you spend the next 30 hours leveling again.

Quite honestly it's gamers like you that are ruining this hobby, you're incapable of actual critical thinking.
Last edited by SierraT on May 20, 2016, 9:41:46 PM
"
SierraT wrote:

1)If you "let this one slide" then you're not the person who really wants to play hardcore and you need to stop playing games and work more on learning who you really are, that's a huge sign of emotional immaturty.

2)In regards to your economy nonsense, I'm not quite sure what thought you were trying to convey.

3)You can easily push and test your skills and game knowledge in softcore, actually its must better to push it there because you invest a lot less time optimizing builds since a death won't have you spend the next 30 hours leveling again.

Quite honestly it's gamers like you that are ruining this hobby, you're incapable of actual critical thinking.

Lmfao.

Sorry to interrupt bud, but I am calling you out.

"Quite honestly," you sound like you are having "emotional maturity issues," which have led you to dismissing simple concepts, and obliviously falsifying reality in order to provide yourself with this sense of equality, because you don't want to play hardcore, and it hurts your precious ego for some reason.

How's that for "critical thinking?"

Oh, just in case you are "incapable," that was a rhetorical question, and I perceive you to be nothing but a special snowflake.

I think that pretty much covers all of your shenaniganistic conjecture.

/thread

SUPPORT TAGS LIMIT REACHED!!?? - Fine then....
twitch.tv/amity13
Last edited by AmityXIII on May 20, 2016, 10:42:52 PM
lol
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
People who play Hardcore generally just don't play Standard. There is no reasoning to it. A Hardcore player's death is just a self imposed penalty for:
- Not having enough health
- Not managing your flasks
- Not having enough damage
- Not getting decent gear
- Not building your skill tree correctly
- Not being efficient in your play time
- Not trading items for a reasonable price
- Not rolling the correct mods on maps
- Not respecting the difficulty of boss fights
- Not respecting the difficult of labyrinth traps
- Not understanding the mechanics of boss fights
- Not swapping out flasks depending on the damage mods of enemies
- Not keeping full resists on every damage type

I could go on I guess.

It is a self imposed penalty where if you play casually just once, you die. There is nothing wrong with that - you can continue to play in Standard if that is your thing, but it signifies that you gave up. That the content was too hard for you to do in one life. That challenge is mainly why HC characters delete/never play their dead characters.

I also enjoy knowing that everyone I see around me is on their one and only life. Anyone I trade with, group with, or see, all are on their one and only life. That is a bit of an unspoken bond which you don't get in Standard. In Standard, that guy with good loot might have died 1000 times grinding out currency to buy that loot.

I think it is just a mindset and I am glad they have an option for people to choose either. I don't think Standard is worse, or that Hardcore is better. They are just different ways to play and whatever you enjoy, do it.

As a side note, Mathil recently died in Hardcore. Go watch that video, it is great. I thought he played Standard only. But you can see how pissed he was from dying. That is real. Dying to a bonfire. So good. That is the kind of stuff you have to worry about as an HC player - am I whirling in the right direction in the middle of all this chaos? I bet he will keep playing HC ;)
I'm actually surprised that this thread has had so many posts without anyone pointing out that the OP is a thinly veiled troll post deriding the people that argue against a self found league.

Well played SierraT, well played.
"
Grimmhammer wrote:
I'm actually surprised that this thread has had so many posts without anyone pointing out that the OP is a thinly veiled troll post deriding the people that argue against a self found league.

Well played SierraT, well played.

Wat the fuck are you talking about? o_O

Lol.

twitch.tv/amity13
"
People who play Hardcore generally just don't play Standard. There is no reasoning to it. A Hardcore player's death is just a self imposed penalty for:

I could go on I guess.

It is a self imposed penalty where if you play casually just once, you die. There is nothing wrong with that - you can continue to play in Standard if that is your thing, but it signifies that you gave up. That the content was too hard for you to do in one life. That challenge is mainly why HC characters delete/never play their dead characters.

I also enjoy knowing that everyone I see around me is on their one and only life. Anyone I trade with, group with, or see, all are on their one and only life. That is a bit of an unspoken bond which you don't get in Standard. In Standard, that guy with good loot might have died 1000 times grinding out currency to buy that loot.

I think it is just a mindset and I am glad they have an option for people to choose either. I don't think Standard is worse, or that Hardcore is better. They are just different ways to play and whatever you enjoy, do it.

As a side note, Mathil recently died in Hardcore. Go watch that video, it is great. I thought he played Standard only. But you can see how pissed he was from dying. That is real. Dying to a bonfire. So good. That is the kind of stuff you have to worry about as an HC player - am I whirling in the right direction in the middle of all this chaos? I bet he will keep playing HC ;)

That was a weird reading. You imply that people on hardcore does something that softcore players don't do: which is play the game? Then you say it is ok and you praise a softcore player that decided to play hardcore?
Dude, this is wrong in so many ways. Stop acting like elite shit, hardcore isn't harder than softcore when you can delete the char when you die(same as HC). But then it requires maturity, so you do it when you know you're dead. Stop with that sick mentality. It is so annoying. It is the same game, you know? Same person playing it, why would you say softcore players don't do it:

LOL, you are limited as F. To not saying the least.
The only argument i see that people say as hardcore versus softcore is the economy, which in standard is pretty broken with a lot of scammers. Other way, IT IS THE SAME SHIT. You want to live once? Delete. You want to live once for other people? Guess what? You are their b....
Sometimes...
"

LOL, you are limited as F. To not saying the least.
The only argument i see that people say as hardcore versus softcore is the economy, which in standard is pretty broken with a lot of scammers. Other way, IT IS THE SAME SHIT. You want to live once? Delete. You want to live once for other people? Guess what? You are their b....

Pro tip: Play what you enjoy, and don't create or add to this invisible needless egotistical butt-hurt approach to rationalizing why you want to play the way you want to play. You don't need to justify it. There are different rule-sets, get over it.
twitch.tv/amity13
Last edited by AmityXIII on May 20, 2016, 11:16:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info