Why even bother playing hardcore temp leagues anymore? They're the same now

TLDR:0 incentive to play on hardcore-temp when its no longer any different than softcore and I could just self impose the 1 death restriction.

First they stopped making two different temp leagues.

Then they removed hardcore/softcore specific challenges.

Then they stopped making hardcore/softcore specific uniques

So what now? My char moves to std now when it dies is the only difference? Hardly worth missing out on the majority of the player base for something I could just self impose.
Last bumped on Jun 18, 2016, 2:29:48 AM
Hardcore is for people who enjoy the adrenaline rush of only having one life. If you need any other incentive then you probably shouldn't be playing it.

I personally would never touch it, developing different content for it just wastes time from my perspective.
"
Hardcore is for people who enjoy the adrenaline rush of only having one life. If you need any other incentive then you probably shouldn't be playing it.

I personally would never touch it, developing different content for it just wastes time from my perspective.

And you can do the exact same thing by self imposing the rules, it's very foolish or stupid to play on it at this point in time. You'd have to be cognitively challenged to play on it.

"

I play mainly HC (sometimes i keep dead HC characters in SC out of sentiment) and while i totally agree HC is a reward on its own due to the adrenaline rush, the problem lies with the design of the leagues. In the past HC leagues were designed to KILL you, after the merge, the leagues cater more to the SC people, meaning there is absolutely no extra thrill for HC lovers.

Onslaught : Raw and simple +20% ms/as/cs made even leveling a headache. Purpose to make the game harder and to kill players.

Nemesis : The HC league that started all kinds of crazy deaths. Purpose to make the game harder and to kill players

Invasion : The epitome of the HC mode. Players were literally looking around corners to not get killed (one shot K.O.). Purpose to make the game harder and to kill players.

Beyond : Following the path that Invasion carved, and killing players out of nowhere. Purpose to make the game harder and to kill players.

Bloodlines : In the steps of Nemesis, caused chaos in the first few weeks due to crazy broken shit. Purpose to make the game harder and to kill players.

Tempest : The last(?) of the unique HC leagues and probably the easiest one compared to the game state at the time. Purpose not clear enough, it could have easily been an SC league to be honest, though many effects were quite deadly in the right area.

You see whats the issue? After those, playing the base game with an extra mechanic specific to the league that is catering towards SC players more, is way too underwhelming for veteran HC players. Cant blame GGG though more people like SC enviroment so they have to (money-wise) to respect those numbers.
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
Making 2 completely different challenges for softcore / hardcore temp leagues has always been retarded, in my opinion, mostly because there's just about no one who actively cross-plays both leagues.
"

Not only that, but there's only so much shit, mechanically, that they can put into the game. Imagine if every challenge league was the same for SC/HC this whole time...they'd have their next 1.5 years worth of content done already :P I think they figured that out as they were making tempest.
And items more cheap 😉
my english sux.
I like playing HC challenge leagues for the chance of dying/etc...

However it's a bit dumb that choosing to play in HC makes it *harder* to complete the challenges than in SC. If the challenges were different (or gave different rewards), there's no issue. But since they're exactly the same, and give the same rewards, it kind of makes you feel like a bit of a fool for attempting them in HC.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
"
Hardcore is for people who enjoy the adrenaline rush of only having one life.
Adrenaline rush? Nope

all you get is tension and relief
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it

Last edited by mindlapse8 on Feb 19, 2020, 6:11:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info