Why even bother playing hardcore temp leagues anymore? They're the same now

"
"
tsunny wrote:
So much salt in this thread.

Especially from people who specifically like to point out how much they "don't care."

<.<

But it's funny to mess with the kids :>

I'm sure I would enjoy SC as well.

At least for me, if I make a mistake and die on hc, it pushes me harder to improve at the game. Since this is my first league playing, there is still a lot to learn. Sure it sucks when I try a new boss and get practically 1 shot, but I don't make the same mistake twice.

Edit: I replied to wrong guy, but whatever.
Last edited by tsunny on May 22, 2016, 9:08:04 PM
People play Standard?

What's the point?
"
SierraT wrote:

And you can do the exact same thing by self imposing the rules, it's very foolish or stupid to play on it at this point in time. You'd have to be cognitively challenged to play on it.

Self-imposing rules are very bead to prove that you actually follow them. It is hard to have competitive game with self imposing rules where you can compare to others and know they ar not cheating.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Hey I just wanted to bump this thread because it is very true.

I played hardcore this league and when my character died he went to Standard... he didn't even go to the Standard temp league.

That seems kinda crazy to me.

What is the point of playing hardcore?

It's like playing with yourself vs the real thing...
What's the point of playing any game?

Some people live on the edge, some people don't care.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Default or regular hardcore is better than both standard and temporary standard leagues.
Permanent Hardcore only.
People played hardcore because it's hardcore.

If you wanted magical rewards or something then you weren't really playing hardcore because you liked it.

Entire point of hardcore is that you're removed from the ladder after death and you remove all of your items (and your bank if you quit after dying) from the economy. As well as less high level characters = items are more precious. Outside of that it would be a personal challenge if you don't care about the economy/character build interactions.

Unless people starting to realize that the "gud gid", "hardcore > softcore", "look how big my e-peen" is getting old and nobody cares anymore.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on May 28, 2016, 1:10:05 AM
Why does our temp hardcore character go to standard if it dies tho?

This makes no sense to me, it should go to the standard temp league.
"
Rafurion wrote:
Default or regular hardcore is better than both standard and temporary standard leagues.
Sounds like you love tumbleweeds.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
drey2k wrote:
People play Standard?

What's the point?

Dont like the current temp league?
All their previous currency gets sent there.
Build experimentation and testing.
Legacy Items.
Trading Simulator.
Just another Forum Signature in a Sea of Signatures.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info