Community Build Guides for New Players!

So first off, I am straight newb. My account may have some time on it but I have tried and failed to pick up the game multiple times mainly cause builds like these posted for "New players" assumes we even have a clue what you are talking about #1 and #2 assumes we know how to get currency to trade for these uniques/gems required to make the build really work. Does anyone have a guide truely written with new people in mind that it is assumed they know not a damn thing? Yes I have read the tips on vendor recipies and such but that doesn't help me get the tons of chaos - multiple exhalted I supposedly need for these builds. I keep bashing my head on my desk trying to follow guides like these that require "low cost" gear that isn't low cost for someone fresh new starting out and or that assume I know what I should be doing pre lvl 50 "when the build starts to work"
"
Graileon wrote:
Does anyone have a guide truely written with new people in mind that it is assumed they know not a damn thing?
Noperative's Beginner Guide to Path of Exile - you can find it along with many other useful links in Consolidated Guides, Game Mechanics, and Tools.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
path of chaos

this part seems messed.
need rework on elemental damage and reflect.
"
Beddy wrote:
path of chaos

this part seems messed.
need rework on elemental damage and reflect.

Yes it is... game sucks when you have to... don't do the damage yourself, convert your damage to chaos, vaal pact/life leech... otherwise re-roll the BS reflect mods.

There is a problem when all spell casters want to run around with a bow or dual wield daggers.
"
silumit wrote:
Noperative's Beginner Guide to Path of Exile - you can find it along with many other useful links in Consolidated Guides, Game Mechanics, and Tools.

Thanks I missed the second link but had read the first. The problem with the builds on that first (and great) link is they are out of date so you can't look at the passive builds to figure out what is going on. I am slowly starting to understand more bout the game but far from trying to make a build on my own
These screenshots are amazing , thanks.
Noobs: google "cast on crit discharge trickster" .... no mana, cheap gear,super easy play style, super tanky and most overpowered DPS build in game. Your welcome.

Nice, I am going to try one during the next league. Thx to the community.

I hope next league will be awesome like perandus.
GGG keep breaking down that barrier to entry, that's what is going to keep this game online for a decade or more!
http://www.twitch.tv/johmasho
"
Ok, now please can you start a new league and finally remove completly those golden mobs that makes random computers freeze/crash?

My screen completly frozed yesterday near of a pack of perandus mobs, logged back on SC. Just died on My scion level 98. Thank you guys.

Same story for me, only time i can die is either by some perandus bosses who can one hit kill me off the screen or by some random freezes while loading mobs.
Curiosity is followed by ambition, ambition is followed by madness.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info