Please Allow full game unlock after beating Normal Difficulty OR Remove Normal Difficulty

"
"
And since it is late for me at the moment and I'm tired, just thought I would ask:

Do you take inspiration from this chorus?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSR_JeO_LzE

I'm going to bed.

Spoiler
Seriously, no need to repeat yourself.
Spoiler
Good god I'm annoying when I'm sleepy ain't I?

Funny video.

The OP seems to be trying hard to like a game he doesn't like, i'm starting to see it as funny actually.
I used to think 3 difficulties are pretty boring, but for some reason i actually am liking more to see my chars grow up through the acts than repeating maps at endgame, maybe i played too much late game and got bored. 2 difficulties only would be optimal, though, but doesn't seem that easy to change the way the game is now, they would have to adjust a lot of things to make the char progression go right through only 2 difficulties and it would be a big impact to those used to grind out through 3 difficulties already, most do it in 1-2 days anyway(some do it in hours).

What I said earlier kind of hits your "trying hard to like a game he doesn't like" sentiment on the head. He has flipflopped in his posts about how D3 is the gold standard and then decided the core of PoE was better like overnight, but then immediately continues to ask for every improvement to make it a D3 clone instead of a D2 clone.

The fact that he was asking for gameplay help in the other sections a while back makes me think that yeah he legitimately doesn't like the repeat story but also isn't trolling when trying to defend D3 because he got himself stuck trying to defend his sudden switch in opinion and his old one that he just had. He has to make up crap that D3 was only hyped because it was a WoW clone somehow because admitting D2 was the reason for the hype would deny his very recently held sentiment that D3 was a superior and good game compared to PoE, a more true D2 clone. So in essence if he really did switch his opinion that snappy, he is stuck now "trying hard to like a game he doesn't like" because he hasn't even played that long in all reality but is now trying to figure the game out while simultaneously attempting to explain why his old viewpoint was also correct up until his switch.

Either that or he is just some schill that thinks he is being funny and is going to go to the D3 forums laughing at how "fanboi hardz" we are for this game while we sit here and are wondering why he wants to look like an idiot defending viewpoints that are coming out of his ass like the whole D3 came from WoW thing.
"It's all clearer now
And I hear her now
And I'm nearer to
The Salvation Code"
Last edited by PleiadesBlackstar on May 10, 2016, 8:35:20 AM
"

Either that or he is just some schill that thinks he is being funny and is going to go to the D3 forums laughing at how "fanboi hardz" we are for this game while we sit here and are wondering why he wants to look like an idiot defending viewpoints that are coming out of his ass like the whole D3 came from WoW thing.

In the D3 schills previous D3 promotional thread he stated D3's success was due to the fact that it had an AH. He stated every sale of D3 was due to D3 having an AH, and D2 had nothing to do with D3's success. Now he has changed his story to WoW is responsible for D2's success?

This thread is a good example why somethings need to change in PoE.

-reduce player(leveling)damage
-Leveling uniques need to be more rare, thus more meaningful
-make masters map only
-reduce Dried Lake's density and nerf Voll's drops into oblivion, buff Daresso/Kaom

Due my lazyness i leveled my current character 100% selffound and made it to Cruel Act4 until i had a 3-link for my Flame totem setup, used FT+IW+Fire trap on my Lifesprig (purchased from Cadiro as a 3L RRG (damn you RNG)) and i felt happy everytime i got a level for my gems and even happier when i managed to kill some bosses, even some Peranduspacks took good 3-5 minutes to kite down.

But all this made me love leveling again :D
d:-D*
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I wouldn't call it disgusting, but I would call it lame: the ARPG practice of having us repeat the same content three times is something the genre should have outgrown by now. If the idea is you go through a story then the endgame is maps, then go through the story once (maybe twice but not three times) then maps.

Yep. And honestly, I can't see myself leveling another char until this changes.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
I'm a bit to late for the whole rant thing, but the OP got some sense in his original comment. The game is to long and to repetitive and should be streamlined.
Im personally against removing whole difficulties (cruel) but instead streamlining the content, maybe cutting down on some zones with 2 levels and/or merging them together. Also making the path from start of the zone to the destination more easy to follow, while still having side areas for all the explorers out there.

When it comes to the whole D3 is shite and d2 is golden argument. Lets face it D2 was really good in 2000 to 2005ish, same as Mu Online around that time. Both games where great and both games now look like crap, in comparison to some more modern titles. The story was good and the char development was great too, but in the end, one ended up doing baal runs for the whole day or make noobs pvp each other for free gear (and my entertainment)

D3 regardless of all the hate it gets, is a great game with well develop content, comparing the initial release with what we have today. I would never say its shite, cause I played over 3k hours, so it would be silly if I did. To be honest anyone who spend more then 1k hours in d3 can not say the game was crap, otherwise why did he/she played for so many hours.

Well that's mine 2 cents
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
Last edited by Miazga on May 11, 2016, 8:55:44 AM
"
Miazga wrote:
I'm a bit to late for the whole rant thing, but the OP got some sense in his original comment. The game is to long and to repetitive and should be streamlined.
Im personally against removing whole difficulties (cruel) but instead streamlining the content, maybe cutting down on some zones with 2 levels and/or merging them together. Also making the path from start of the zone to the destination more easy to follow, while still having side areas for all the explorers out there.

Some people find it fun to not know exactly what to do and where to go 100% of the time.

I wonder if this is a fundamental difference between younger and older gamers? Like the difference between how simple dungeons and quests were in skyrim, compared to the previous elder scrolls games.
"
TriniGamer wrote:
People want to reach level 62 then start to grind and craft and farm their build.

I find the leveling process more refreshing than the super late game grind.

I agree it's tedious. But that's acceptable, because basically all parts of the game are. After a while at least. In games like this you look beyond that because monotony and sameness is so omnipresent.

When I started this game I had the same idea. I said surely they let you go anywhere after you beat merciless once. Too bad they dont.

"
Miazga wrote:

lolwut. This game is already easy in that regard. Every path is clear. Everything is short. They dont even have 3 level dungeons in this except I believe, sceptre of god? relax with requests like this. It's already very comfortable.

"

I would never say its shite, cause I played over 3k hours, so it would be silly if I did. To be honest anyone who spend more then 1k hours in d3 can not say the game was crap, otherwise why did he/she played for so many hours.

I said the same thing but about people who play 100 hours. People dont get to say a game is shit after 20 hours either. Few games even have a 10hour learning curve and a simplistic ARPG is not among them.

The shitty whiners 2 weeks after release on the d3 forum all had 300+ hours on their accounts and they talked like they played the worst game in their life. For 300 hours.

Last edited by Toliman on May 11, 2016, 6:47:03 PM
"
Toliman wrote:

The shitty whiners 2 weeks after release on the d3 forum all had 300+ hours on their accounts and they talked like they played the worst game in their life. For 300 hours.

I always thought that was funny too. "I've played this game 500 hours so I know what I'm talking about when I say this game sucks".
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
It would seem that I am stuck at level 52. Its becoming quite boring to progress to end game that I am back to Playing Heroes of Newerth. I can't imagine having to complete cruel by myself or beg someone to join me where as in D3 I could be matched in a match making party and play with those people.

since Chris say 50% of people quit POE in Act 1 I would imagine 30% quit in Cruel and another 10% quit by merciless just trying to reach end game.

One should not be punished and have to suffer like this just to get to end game.

Atleast in HON I am stuck around 1872 MMR and not far off from my goal of 1900 MMR which should put me at the top of the world in moba player skills.
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
Last edited by TriniGamer on May 13, 2016, 3:24:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info