Please Allow full game unlock after beating Normal Difficulty OR Remove Normal Difficulty

"
TriniGamer wrote:
"
Khoranth wrote:
D3 schill. Do you seriously think everyone is not on to you by now? All you do is make posts demanding POE add in D3 features.

D3 is trash, D2 is the gold standard. If you want to play D3, go play D3.

Yeah I played D2 yesterday then deleted that garbage almost immediately.

What a repulsive load of crap. No wonder Blizzard fired that useless Blizzard North Team got what they deserved. Then went and created Torchlight and Marvel Heroes AHAHAHAHAHAHA.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHAHAHAHAHAH

Good thing the REAL gold standard makes the list of top played in the world

http://www.statista.com/statistics/251222/most-played-pc-games/

when I find D2 and POE on the list I will tell you AHHAHAHAHAHAHHAH

crossed a fucking line.
no one talks about D2 like that.
and the team your lovely corporate Activisions asshats fired, are some of the most creative, talented and fkn amazing people in game development.

show some respect for the people who built the foundation on which your precious crap D3 stands.
get out of my sight!
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on May 10, 2016, 12:41:31 AM
"
AttackDingo wrote:
[...]

Just a raw idea, what if you could start at merciless once as a quest-reward for killing merc Malachai - with that new char you would also have to play through merc once to start your next char at merc.

No support for OP though, i at least play PoE over D3, because it's different and, to me, better.
Last edited by Antaiseito on May 10, 2016, 5:17:05 AM
"
TriniGamer wrote:
"
Khoranth wrote:
D3 schill. Do you seriously think everyone is not on to you by now? All you do is make posts demanding POE add in D3 features.

D3 is trash, D2 is the gold standard. If you want to play D3, go play D3.

Yeah I played D2 yesterday then deleted that garbage almost immediately.

What a repulsive load of crap. No wonder Blizzard fired that useless Blizzard North Team got what they deserved. Then went and created Torchlight and Marvel Heroes AHAHAHAHAHAHA.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHAHAHAHAHAH

Good thing the REAL gold standard makes the list of top played in the world

http://www.statista.com/statistics/251222/most-played-pc-games/

when I find D2 and POE on the list I will tell you AHHAHAHAHAHAHHAH

You do realize D2 is most likely older than YOU? Right? On top of that people still after all these years Play the Ladder as well. We are talking about an 11-12 year old game that people STILL to this game even with its dated Graphics and everything else people STILL enjoy because of the FACT it was and in alot of ways still is one of the BEST ARPGs EVER made.

It was inspiration for this very game itself. Its the foundation of most ARPGs today.. a blueprint if you will. Dont let the dated graphics fool you either.. It still is an amazing game that people enjoy. There isnt alot of game that old that so many still play.

And your list.. well ofcourse its full of all the kids playing the new big thing.. Most of those games are on that list because there money to be made from then and nothing more. Over half those games are also not even on the same planet as D2 and are not even ARPGs. Ofcourse your list isn't going to show a 11+ year old game that has already had a sequel for it made.

Ofcourse you will never be able to understand what D2 means to the genre as a whole because you were not even thought of yet or was still playing on the playground back in its heyday. But you would do well to research a little more about the game because weather you like it or not it is the reason ARPGs are what they are today. PERIOD!

There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
the most stupid thing said by the OP in this thread is that people purchased and played D3 because of WOW.

D3 sold out in such huge numbers for only one reason: anticipation of an even better game that D2 was. unfortunately, D3 failed in that respect, which is a common agreement among people who played and enjoyed D2 for years.

as for replaying all 3 difficulties over and over: I never get bored with it, it is always fun playing a new character and a new build, testing its strengths and weaknesses, finding new loot and enjoying new additions every 3-4 months in new leagues.

and for the record:

D2 has so far been the best ARPG game ever released. I played that game for years since its release. for example, i played latest D3 expansion for about 2 weeks. then i took a few months break and tried to play a new season there which i managed to play for like 2-3 hours. it was horrible experience to see the idiotic leveling process: creating a game at the highest possible difficulty level and watching your char level up while standing still and your friend killing shit for you. the very same day i quit and uninstalled the game.
"How come only evil forces were released?" - "Because there are no good forces."
"So, then. You don't believe that there is a God." - "There was a god."
"Well, then. Where is he now?" - "I killed him," said Kane.
Last edited by k4n3 on May 10, 2016, 6:13:21 AM
I disagre with this suggestion, because :

- learn to play your char.
- if no normal/cruel, how we get 4 ascendency point ?
- try,testing and improve build. I don't like copy paste build found on forum and i prefer to made my own choices, at most existing build give me ideas or some help. For example i abandon leech life because i see by myself it was so useless and with someone help who explain me in private message several things (ty again).
- issue to get bandits ' rewards.
- kill spirit of H&S game.
- up a char for end game content must be earned.
- if GGG made this feature (i imagine you should create a merciless char if you already get level 100 in all classe), they'll give a serious advantage to this player for league, race or standard league when come a new act. It's unthinkable and not in agreement with GGG's philosophy.

I understand it could be boring to repeat all the time 3x story, but find friend to play in group, or made a road map to bypass useless part(you have one or more HL char for farming stuff, i guess). POE is a rich and complete challenging game open for all type of player, that's all. And this game come after DII and DIII never existed.

What next step ? Ask for parangon level or ask for pay to win item xp in store (god please no)?

PS : i apologize for my english. Peace all.

Last edited by Rhilnix on May 10, 2016, 6:23:32 AM
"
TriniGamer wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:
Dude your statistics are FLAWED.

D3 may have sold more boxed copies then D2, but you have to remember D2 was back in an era where people would just grab a copy of someone elses game and use their keys, it didn't require you to play on battle.net and authenticate your key.

Also compare it to PoE, a game that doesn't charge anything to play, you can't exactly say, without sounding like a dumbass, that D3 sold more copies then PoE, well no fucking shit it has because PoE is FREE TO PLAY.

The distribution of PC games has greatly changed since D2 was "in its prime"

Lets take a look at a more reputable source of information, that actually has to supply sources.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_PC_games

Number 1 is minecraft, while I personally own this game I played it for about 20 min before realizing that I wasn't going to have fun with it.

Number 2 is WoW, a game I tried for 5 min before realizing I just wasted so much time downloading an MMORPG game. This game obviously was successful and is often referred to as the standard that MMO's should strive to be, although many people are starting to like the older patches more then the new "easier ones"

Number 3 is Terraria, its essentially a 2d minecraft, I own and played this game quite a lot. Its fun, without being overly grindy. Although I havent touched it in at least a year or so.

Number 4 is your D3, sits at or just below the same as above. This is an obvious indication that 2 things happened, 1 people wanted to play a successor to D2, so no matter how you feel about the game design of D2, D3 wouldn't have been as successful as it was without people wanting (and not receiving) the continuation of the Diablo franchise. Because of this A LOT of people preordered or purchased right at or before the start, myself included. However it failed to deliver what D2 players wanted and it was plagued by issues like shitty itemization (mainly due to scaling mechanics) and the fact that you would just grab something off the AH instead of try to find anything yourself.

The redeeming factor for D3 was RoS, while not what D2 fans would likely want, it caters itself to more of the casual crowd and adds interesting things and makes the feeling of legendary feel good, even if just a short realization that legendary in D3 are like rare items in PoE, you almost always use them and only use something else if your build needs it. So they sold even more copies of D3 with this expansion because it "promised" to change the game (essentially allowing people to play differently then before)

Number 5 is essentially just a couple games together, like half-life 2 and counter-strike (aka orange box)

Number 6, the Sims, this whole series as a whole is more then any other game.

Go down a few more things and you see D2 sitting at 4 million copies, thats 1\3 of the copies listed for D3, considering what I said above about connection\authentication thats actually pretty significant, like it was stupid ez to just use a copied key if you never played online, I know back then I didn't play online it wasn't until about 2 years ago I even purchased a legitimate copy.

You would have to be an absolute fool to think D3 is the greatest game of all time or that D2 was a failure (hint if d2 was a failure they wouldnt have made a 3rd)

"
If you were trying to assist Chris, you would show him that 50% of D3 players didn't quit. So where's that stat?

In his ass like all of the rest of his stats. You know hes just pulling this shit out of his ass, he can't even use a more reputable source to "prove" his point, hes obsessed with that site for some reason. (at this point I think its just advertising but idk)

Let me ask you this, why would D3 sold based off D2 when D3 looked and played nothing like D2? but everything like WoW which also happens to be right next to D3 in global sales?

Do you see now whats wrong with the whole D3 sold because of D2 argument? D3 sold because it looked and played like WoW. We all know this to be true, come on.

Also I reported you for using obscene language.

If you think any game today that looks like D2 could ever sell remotely close to what WoW and D3 has sold then I have a bridge in the sky to sell you.

BTW I happen to find POE superior to D3 I have said this a million times here not sure why people are still living in this bubble where they think I believe that D3 is better than POE. My point has always been since POE is a carbon copy of D2 they also adopted dumb and stupid outdated things that needed to be improved upon that was not possible in the last century due to more modern game engines and technology.

Chris said 50% of people quit POE, Blizzard said no such thing so i am just trying to help Chris understand why. If there is a pile of gold at the end of the tunnel with a rare diamond that will take me years to find I would only like to walk through the living latrine barefooted just once in order to reach there

hence my suggestion to unlock the game after first playthrough so we can get started with end game. In which universe do people grind an ARPG mid way as opposed to end game?

D3 was so horrible that after 27 million bought D3(due to popularity of D2), only 2.7 million bought the D3 xpac ROS. That is a 90% drop off. Now that is disgusting.

D2 is the gold standard, D3 is trash
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I don't believe this is mutually exclusive to playing for early game gear with early gear content (perhaps especially so in HC). I think a truly great "build" has plans for every point in progression, even if those plans involve beginning the game doing one thing and respeccing to another thing later.

What you are really arguing for here is the early game builds are irrelevant. I think that, if they are, it's because the community has decided it to be so, because Path of Exile has failed to deliver on early game builds... not because early game builds are intrinsically uninteresting regardless of game design choices. I feel I'd be lying if I said I didn't notice the huge trend in supporter (and other) uniques to be endgame viable with level 50+ as a requirement to equip. Only a few supporters have been interested enough in early game build options to actually provide one themselves. But some have, and the results haven't been disappointing in my opinion, so it is possible to have enjoyable early game build-crafting.

Earlier in this thread I said the three difficulties are bad because they're repetitious, and I stand by that. But there are ways to relieve the tedium of repetition, and what you're suggesting with waypoints isn't a solution. It's not really a valid suggestion to watch a movie and say "hey, this part of the movie sucks, let's fast forward to the end;" no, if that's the criticism before the movie's public release, it should be fixed by editing the movie, not by reminding viewers where their fast forward buttons are.

I liked your suggestion as a joke. As a serious suggestion, no... just no.

Thanks for this, actually helps me understand why i enjoy leveling up so much. I play HC and in POE, you can die in any act, in any difficulty. Game isnt faceroll while you lvl up, like D3.

When you play HC, you have to plan out everything as you lvl up, not just plan out end game.
Stop feeding the troll.
"
Khoranth wrote:
D2 is the gold standard, D3 is trash

D2 has a strong nostalgia factor, and definitely D3 lost a lot of what D2 had, but that doesn't mean everything D2 did was right, and everything D3 did was wrong.

If you want to talk about D3 sucking at launch, D3 did have multiple difficulties, requiring you to beat the campaign multiple times to reach endgame. It sucked, so to their credit, they eventually took it out.

It sucks in PoE too. Not quite as badly because PoE isn't trivially easy at lower levels, but it still sucks doing the same content 3 times on every guy. I'm not sure how that's complicated to understand.

If they reduce it to 2 difficulties when they release the next act that will be nice, of course, but better would be just one-and-done with the campaign, per character. Once you beat the final act you start maps.

They could have an optional high level challenge mode campaign for people who actually like to run through the campaign, but don't force people into it.
"
And since it is late for me at the moment and I'm tired, just thought I would ask:

Do you take inspiration from this chorus?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSR_JeO_LzE

I'm going to bed.

Spoiler
Seriously, no need to repeat yourself.
Spoiler
Good god I'm annoying when I'm sleepy ain't I?

Funny video.

The OP seems to be trying hard to like a game he doesn't like, i'm starting to see it as funny actually.
I used to think 3 difficulties are pretty boring, but for some reason i actually am liking more to see my chars grow up through the acts than repeating maps at endgame, maybe i played too much late game and got bored. 2 difficulties only would be optimal, though, but doesn't seem that easy to change the way the game is now, they would have to adjust a lot of things to make the char progression go right through only 2 difficulties and it would be a big impact to those used to grind out through 3 difficulties already, most do it in 1-2 days anyway(some do it in hours).
Sometimes...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info