Game has become too easy and boring :(

Well, I will start by saying I am an older Player. I have been playing since almost 4 years. Back then, It was amazing to gear up your character with all Rare Gear at Level 40, Uniques were the real deal. There was no Labyrinth, There were no Loot Filters. Dropping a Shavronnes or Mjolner gave you a feeling of - "Wow ! I finally have something special in this game". You had to crawl through the game with any Magic (Purple) or Rare (Yellow) Gear and defeating Oak was quite a challenge. (Pre Nerf Oak). Reaching Lv 85 was a great achievement, Considering there were no High Tier maps like now.

But all this has been the opposite lately. Don't get me wrong, I love everything - The Ascendency, How easy it is to get Gear now, Making your own Unique build using Jewels and Ascendency Points, The ridiculously cheap prices. However, I feel it has come to a point where there is little challenge beyond getting to Level 90 and doing Atziri, I levelled my Character in little less than 2 weeks and got bored, I simply had nothing else to do.

Compared to before, Everything is way easier now. I sure hope this isn't the Future of this game because it has started to get boring. I started playing this game with my friend, because it looked extremely challenging, An exile on a Lone Continent in the wilderness, out to survive the odds. Today, It seems more like Dress-your-Barbie-and-get-her-to-Level95-with-Shavronnes to be honest :(
Last bumped on May 9, 2016, 7:54:36 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 7:05:06 PM
Current state of the game is good, just the game is lacking new content that utilitize new power creeps. I really dont want to look back where I needed 12 months of play to get my 6 link.

We need better end game content, everything else is in a good spot. It hurts watching how many mobs in total are in Core map for example, and only challenge there is if you will be able to kill the bosses.

Alt Art items as League MTX - When?
"
G0rr wrote:
Current state of the game is good, just the game is lacking new content that utilitize new power creeps. I really dont want to look back where I needed 12 months of play to get my 6 link.

The problem is that a lot of people, seemingly including GGG, mix up the difficulty of gearing a character with the difficulty of content.

Content should be hard. 6link items should not be that hard to get (it is still pretty hard). Rare items, especially weapons, still suck pretty damn hard. Especially the last point should be made easier.

Then, the content should be made a LOT harder. Act1 normal currently is more difficult than a T12 map for an appropriately-equipped character. That is just wrong.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Yes indeed , content should be hard not trading for gear lol .

Hopefully they won't make the mistake of introducing higher level content ever again .

We need more variety but not at the expense of fun , like honestly this non stop tweaking of the passive tree is getting really annoying really fast .
R.I.P 4.B.
Last edited by tryhardgg on May 6, 2016, 8:35:44 PM
Says "Gaem to eazy. BORING!"

Highest level character is a 93 in Standard, with only half the challenges completed.
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
"
joachimbond wrote:
Says "Gaem to eazy. BORING!"

Highest level character is a 93 in Standard, with only half the challenges completed.

Hes a pro elite player obviously.

shit he must be MLG material
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
AOE DPS needs to be cut by 75%.. AOE is out of control. No one uses single target like dom blow heavy strike because AOE stuff is almost as good and destroys whole screen too so infinity better. Then you have boss fights you dont even have to fight now with crazy power creep. Whole goal is one shotting them before they one shot you. Lame.

So basically nerf the AOE would
1. open up on point/single target skills
2. more challenging boss/rare fights
3. Slow game down a bit rather than god mode hack we have now
4. maybe tones down some reflect issues

EDIT:
To speak to what Char1983 said and co-sign
Here is video I made with a 3L in 1 alc weapon
and enfeebled doing 12 maps like nothing as an example of ridiculousness
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGlR67NtYt8

Just FF to end I basically one shot the chicken and wolf boss.

Only thing you need 6L for is core and uber really. But even there I'm sure some trappers/discharge have done uber @5L
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 7, 2016, 2:02:07 AM
Totally agree ...
The last year leagues i can play only 3-4 weeks , then quit ... Cose too boring.

I hate faceroll content . But New hamsters who cry about hard difficulty quit anyway after 2 days of deaths from first exile .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1j5a_voG6K4
Last edited by crrrrrrraaaaa on May 7, 2016, 3:34:11 AM
Agree, that´s why I left D3 and now taking a break from PoE too, to see if something changes with next expansion. Introducing Ascendancy classes without rebalancing the game and increasing drop rates of ex-"rare" uniqes by 400% were biggest mistakes in my opinion. Now I drop pure exalted and I am more happy than when I get some t1 unique like pledge of hands ... that´s really really sad. I remember that reaction when I dropped my first t1 unique (mjolner) that feeling was AWESOME and now? Hmmm mjolner, maybe it will sell for couple chaos .. :(

edit: https://www.twitch.tv/akamutv/v/47780895?t=1m11s here is the vid of my mjolner drop, you can see i was really really happy, no sound but I guess it´s pretty oblivious from reactions in chat haha
Last edited by NarraX1337 on May 7, 2016, 3:41:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info