2.2 Crit Shockwave Totem Assassin - 625k+ DPS - Ez Atziri/All Maps - UBER DOWN!!

"
bobveka wrote:
So what is actually scaling damage here? Saw this and it looked awesome to try on the 2 week league, so I took an old level 65 standard character to try it on a 5l. The tooltip dps is only 5k and it's just doing hardly any damage. I'm pretty certain im doing something wrong here because I can get more damage on leveling skills with no passive points dedicated to them.

On top of that, can you post desired stats on jewels along with like a level 40 tree, 60, 80 etc?

Thanks.

I'm also experimenting with the build. There is a steep ascending curve for the damage related to the level of the totem gem but I have also noticed that Cast Speed seems to have a strong effect on the damage. The OP has 60% Cast Speed from objects...is that the real trick?
Last edited by Raystar on May 5, 2016, 10:44:14 AM
"
Paragon1 wrote:
"
Simplesim45 wrote:
"
Paragon1 wrote:
First off totems actually don't stay on full life, and you are readying the ability wrong. Ambush says 100% "MORE" critical strike chance on enemies that are on full life. Unless I am not understanding something I assume thats what you meant by when totems are on full life they always crit.

even 100% more isnt 100%, just 100% MORE, so if your totem has 40% crit, then 100% more is another 40%, for total of 80% crit etc..

WHere are you getting that totems always crit on full life?

I never said the totems have to be on full life. I'm just not precising that it's the monsters that need to be full life since I'm assuming people here have already read the ascendancy class nodes. Enemies are always going to be on full life when you place the totem because you can't deal damage with anything else.

Second, I'll well aware of 100% more being double my actual crit chance. My crit chance is over 50%, so that's guaranteed crit (95% cap, but that's basically guaranteed).

If you can hit over 50% crit as is, why not just run deadly infusion and have cap crit all the time, not just on the initial hit.

Ambush is nice, but it is only going to give the higher crit chance on one hit, where as it would be easy to get 95% crit all the time.

That's the whole point tho. That 1 hit. It'll either 1 shot the packs or bring them low life if it's a tier 14+ blue pack.

I didn't build this around tooltip DPS. I built it around quality of life. Drop a totem and the first hit takes care of everything.

If I wanted DPS, I'd be getting power charges (having to use a secondary skill to slow me down), I'd change the crit gem to faster casting, etc. There's a miriam of ways to build SWT. You can go full ele, hybrid, full phys, non crit, crit, ... I chose this because from playing with it, it does exactly what I want it to on bosses and while clearing a map; The laziest possible playstyle. Hell I even put my golem on CWDT cause I don't wanna be bothered to recast him lol.

You drop a totem, run AT the monsters because they're gonna die or freeze and move on. Pop flasks when needed. There's literally no micro management.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
For you guys concerned about the damage, when I first slapped on a mid level SWT gem, I had about 8K dps.

The damage comes from the empower/added fire, the phys to lightning, the hatred aura, the gem levels, the jewels and the crit multiplier. I have cast speed on gear because I wanted to avoid having to use faster casting gem. Obviously cast speed is gonna help DPS a bit but its nowhere near what other things bring.

I'll add a section about the jewels on the main post shortly.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Last edited by Simplesim45 on May 5, 2016, 12:39:20 PM
"

If you can hit over 50% crit as is, why not just run deadly infusion and have cap crit all the time, not just on the initial hit.

Ambush is nice, but it is only going to give the higher crit chance on one hit, where as it would be easy to get 95% crit all the time.

That's the whole point tho. That 1 hit. It'll either 1 shot the packs or bring them low life if it's a tier 14+ blue pack.

I didn't build this around tooltip DPS. I built it around quality of life. Drop a totem and the first hit takes care of everything.

If I wanted DPS, I'd be getting power charges (having to use a secondary skill to slow me down), I'd change the crit gem to faster casting, etc. There's a miriam of ways to build SWT. You can go full ele, hybrid, full phys, non crit, crit, ... I chose this because from playing with it, it does exactly what I want it to on bosses and while clearing a map; The laziest possible playstyle. Hell I even put my golem on CWDT cause I don't wanna be bothered to recast him lol.

You drop a totem, run AT the monsters because they're gonna die or freeze and move on. Pop flasks when needed. There's literally no micro management.

Ok
Yea I see your point, its not the most optimal but since your already just owning everything, whats the point right? I get it, and its just huge Quality of Life not to have to worry about charges, curses, skills. Cool.
Last edited by Paragon1 on May 5, 2016, 2:27:23 PM
"
Paragon1 wrote:
"

Ok
Yea I see your point, its not the most optimal but since your already just owning everything, whats the point right? I get it, and its just huge Quality of Life not to have to worry about charges, curses, skills. Cool.

Exactly yea.

It's kind of like what I was doing with my vaal molten shell build before. When you have enough damage to kill everything almost instantly, the only upgrades you can do are quality of life and survivability. I just wanted to run around and not have to bother with anything other than putting a totem down.
"
Simplesim45 wrote:
For you guys concerned about the damage, when I first slapped on a mid level SWT gem, I had about 8K dps.

The damage comes from the empower/added fire, the phys to lightning, the hatred aura, the gem levels, the jewels and the crit multiplier. I have cast speed on gear because I wanted to avoid having to use faster casting gem. Obviously cast speed is gonna help DPS a bit but its nowhere near what other things bring.

I'd been thinking about running this in the two week starting later. With these dps upgrades in mind, is this a good first league character or does it require too much gear to scale dps? Planning on leveling with self cast bladefall because it's op with even a few phys nodes.

EDIT: was also going to go for a dagger over a wand for whirling blades. Would that lose much dps?
Last edited by Raal131 on May 6, 2016, 5:44:11 AM
"
Raal131 wrote:
"
Simplesim45 wrote:

I'd been thinking about running this in the two week starting later. With these dps upgrades in mind, is this a good first league character or does it require too much gear to scale dps? Planning on leveling with self cast bladefall because it's op with even a few phys nodes.

EDIT: was also going to go for a dagger over a wand for whirling blades. Would that lose much dps?

Well the delay before the first hit is gonna be longer if you don't have much cast speed.

Everyone's obsession with whirling blades is the primary reason why I stay away from it. If you really wanna use it, in this case you can.

SWT needs gem levels to scale the damage and a healthy amount of crit multi, so yea I'd suggest leveling with bladefall.
Bump
Thank you for this great build. It is going great so far in 2 week league. Just got to merciless act 3 and pretty much one shotting white and blue packs with 10k dps with increased aoe gem. Switching increased aoe with conc. effect on bosses. They just get destroyed in seconds. And I believe it will be much better after i get Assassinate node. I only got Ambush atm.

My only problem right now is mana. How much mana/mana regen do we need to sustain SWT? Because of my 600 mana pool, i can't even run hatred + clarity. Because SWT costs around 150 mana.

I am also using dual daggers to get easy %50 critical chance for now. Do you think dual divinarius would be okay choice for more aoe and some damage later on?
I'm playing this build in the 2 week and I'm kind of struggling. I'm in Act 4 Cruel and I'm still using Bladefall because my shockwave totems don't do enough damage and they get 1-shot to top it off. I also feel like the build has no real defenses to speak of. Either I'm really squishy or my gear is really bad, but I'm getting 1-shot repeatedly. Any tips?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info