2.2 Crit Shockwave Totem Assassin - 625k+ DPS - Ez Atziri/All Maps - UBER DOWN!!

Let's face it, totems aren't really appealing. You gotta go flavor of the month any skill+poison or flame totem and you just sit there and watch things die not all that fast and certainly not spectacularly.

Shockwave totems however...oh boy. If you play them right, it's got that flare that makes you wanna actually play the build. I looked around to see if anyone had done a nice 2.2 shockwave totem build and didn't find anything interesting so I decided to make my own. I normally play witches, but the assassin ascendancy is hard to pass by and here we are!

How it works
The build revolves mostly around the guaranteed crits on full life (since you don't deal damage with anything but totems, the monsters are always on full life) and the guaranteed crits + culling on low life.

You stack crit multi and get enough base crit chance to cap crit with the ascendancy (I even overcapped it to get more consistent crits on bosses) and everything pretty much dies instantly.

Other than the recommended carcass jack, there are not mandatory items. The build can work very well on a 5L and there are plenty of cost effective options so this build is very accessible while remaining very strong.

Videos
**I'll record more if you guys want more. Just post in the comments what you'd like to see.**

Atziri full clear
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5dwBGTwX-A

Palace + Double Boss
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO3x6cQolGw

My items
Spoiler

I decided to go mostly hybrid because of how much investment we're putting into crit on the tree. Having that ES buffer is definitely a life saver. Obviously gloves can be replaced by maligaro's or facebreakers if you want more crit multi.

Flasks
Spoiler

The last flask can be whatever you want. I barely use it so I just slapped on whatever I had and rolled anti freeze. The rest is pretty much mandatory. If you're a DPS bro, you could get vinktar as your last flask or one of those 40% damage flasks.

Links
Shockwave Totem -> Empower/Added Fire -> Increased Critical Strikes -> Controlled Destruction -> Physical to Lightning -> Increased AoE/Conc Effect
If you can't afford Empower, use Added Fire. You get an extra element and the damaged gained from that gem is excellent.

CWDT -> Increased Duration -> Immortal Call -> Summon Skeleton/Molten Shell
Personally I'd go molten shell, but it's annoying to get 4 reds on ES items. I was trying to think of a 1 gem wonder to put that wouldnt deal any damage and I went with skeletons that can at least aggro some monsters and take the focus away from you.

CWDT -> Ball Lightning -> GMP -> Knockback
This has been my baby for about a year now. It's just magical how effective this thing is. Once you try it, you never go back.

CWDT -> Assassin's Mark -> Frost Bomb -> Summon Ice Golem
Crit, crit multi, reduced cold resist. Another non damaging setup that seems to be working quite well. You won't get the power charges, but you do get the crit multi which is nice.

Lightning Warp -> Rapid Decay -> Less Duration
When you already have enough base cast speed, the only thing slowing you down is duration so Rapid Decay helps much more than faster casting here.

Enlighten -> Clarity -> Hatred
Self explanatory. Totems drink mana like its kool-aid. Hatred freezes everything and is a huge damage buff.

DPS
Spoiler

With conc effect times 2 totems = about 624k DPS sustainable on bosses.

With Inc AoE times 2 totems = about 464k DPS for mapping, but you probably wont have time to cast a second totem so 231k DPS for the most part.

Skill Tree
Spoiler

The ascendancy notables to get are Toxic Delivery and Assassinate.

The tree focuses primarily on getting the crit and raw initiate damage in order to 1 shot as many things as possible. There are optimizations you could do to have slightly higher DPS numbers, but it wouldn't equate to the same power per hit which is what I was going for.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYBAAQHBLMFQgceDkgPxBEvEZYVUBa_F7AaOBvIHNwdFB8CHxgjNiaVJy8qCyoTKwosnC0fNsU62Dt8PAU9X0GWRKFFnUlRSbFKi0yOTLNOrlH7UlNTEFNSVUtVxljlWfNaK13yXyph4mSdZlRmnmqMcFJyD3X9f8aCm4Pbg_OEb4SihXuJ04w2jmSPGo9Gj_qQVZMnlSCVLpeVmjua4J_foS-iAKKjotmj8qcIrhKus7DYsTa2-rjKuZO-isBmwfPDCcgUzRbP3dAf0PXVptfP2CTjhOvk6-7r9ew47TzvfO-I7-vw1fGK8h31b_em-Tf60g==

Jewels
Spoiler

Ok so unfortunately my luck with yolo exalts has been absolute crap so most of my jewels only have 3 relevant mods. The mods you're looking for on the jewels are:

- Crit multi for spells
- Global crit multi
- crit multi while dual wielding
- totem damage
- area damage
- Phys damage
- Spell damage
- Damage

Bandits
Normal: Kill all
Cruel: Kill all
Merciless: Kill all

Map Mods

There aren't many mods you can't do, but here are the annoying ones;

Less regen/No regen: Bring a mana flask. Solves pretty much everything for less regen maps. No regen maps should probably be avoided. Really annoying.

Reflect: You totems are gonna oneshot themselves but...guess what? They 1 shot everything anyway so it's kind of the same as normal play. Might wanna bring a mana flask to spam totems a bit more for the boss (totems won't die as fast to reflect vs single target).

Blood Magic: Turn your stuff off, bring an extra life flask. Done!

That's pretty much it. Obviously temp chains is annoying and so is chilled ground, but that's just how life is for every build.

Uber down!

Took a few tries because I'm so used to things dying faster so I had to get in the groove of kiting properly.

For those interested in trying uber with the build, a few things to keep in mind:

Trash is cake, drop totems, win.

Once you've done the initial dual totem damage to each Vaal Smashers, make sure you don't rush one down. Kill them at the same time or it won't be pretty.

Trio is pretty easy. The order of killing should be the storm titty chick, the big flaming sword guy and then the cycloner.

For Atziri, it's rather straight forward. Dual totem her and her split phases. If your damage flasks are down or your gear and gem setup doesn't quite have the damage yet, it's very likely that your totems will die. I suggest putting points in totem placement speed if you really wanna do uber. It'll allow you to avoid getting hit by stuff. Honestly you've got like 1 or 2 hits in you so there's very little margin for error. Avoid the spear at all costs. I wouldn't say this build is ideal for uber. The damage isn't quite high enough to make it trivial so it becomes more of a mechanical skill endeavor. If you know the fight, you can do it rather easily. If you don't, well you won't have the DPS to kill her before she kills you.

Build of Exile Tags
Spoiler
(BoE)skill=Shockwave+Totem;item=Carcass+Jack;defense=Hybrid+Life/ES;crit=true;cheap=true;hardcore=true;atziri=true;coc=false(BoE)
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Last edited by Simplesim45 on Jun 2, 2016, 6:15:01 AM
Last bumped on Nov 5, 2016, 4:31:30 AM
Looks so powerful, mite trying out this build
have you tried using consuming dark for 100% chaos damage?
"
leftyZX wrote:
Looks so powerful, mite trying out this build
have you tried using consuming dark for 100% chaos damage?

I'm not willing to sacrifice cast speed and crit multi. Also I have no fire damage to convert to chaos anyway.

And chaos conversion is to avoid reflect. Reflect is a non issue here. I'd much rather keep my freeze and shock ability.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Wtf where da +1 Carcass man
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"

Sold it forever ago :(

Maybe I should make a new one.
"
Simplesim45 wrote:
"

Kinda sad I had mine colored BBBBRR but recolored it for Trapper. Takes a good amount of Chrome just to get to those colors though.
"
"
Simplesim45 wrote:
"

Kinda sad I had mine colored BBBBRR but recolored it for Trapper. Takes a good amount of Chrome just to get to those colors though.

I see you're selling yours. I could buy it from you if you wanna make me a bro deal
"
Simplesim45 wrote:

I see you're selling yours. I could buy it from you if you wanna make me a bro deal

I'll hit you up after work. Bro deals can be discussed.
Nice build, very powerfull and easy farm Atziri. :)
Guides made by me:
Unnamed's CoC CI Discharge Trickster, Tankster BV MoM Poison, Saboquisitor MoM Pure Cold damage with Hrimburn, Trickster Critical Flameblast
Any advice on a lvling tree or lvling uniques for this build? plan on playing it in the 2week league.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info