[2.3] Bleeding/Poison EQ Gladiator -- Budget, Tanky, Reflect Proof! -- T15 Core Down!

Heh, nice~

Getting closer and closer to Breath myself~

Also; What do people think of having Blood Rage and Tempest Shiend on CWDT? I can't really see any significant advantage to having them levelled high, and it means not having to activate them every single zone (Though not having BR at the start means Frenzy Generation might start a bit late)...

Could also put a Golem in the last slot, which I haven't been using so far, or put in Increased Duration.

Edit:
Or I could have a self-cast Vaal skill, since I have no other gem sockets left.
Last edited by Zephryl on Jun 24, 2016, 11:16:22 AM
"
Zephryl wrote:
Heh, nice~

Getting closer and closer to Breath myself~

Also; What do people think of having Blood Rage and Tempest Shiend on CWDT? I can't really see any significant advantage to having them levelled high, and it means not having to activate them every single zone (Though not having BR at the start means Frenzy Generation might start a bit late)...

Could also put a Golem in the last slot, which I haven't been using so far, or put in Increased Duration.

Edit:
Or I could have a self-cast Vaal skill, since I have no other gem sockets left.

My Current Gem Setups:

5L Chest: Earthquake - Melee Phys Damage - Less Duration - Conc Effect - Warchief Totem

3 Links (Shield, Weapon): Reckoning - Riposte - Life gain on Hit
Leap Slam - Faster Attacks - Fortify

4 Links: CWDT - Immortal Call - Increased Duration - Chaos Golem (high level gems)
CWDT - Arctic Breath - GMP - Tempest Shield (low level gems)
Blasphemy - Vulnerability - Grace - Enduring Cry

I can only say I really like it this way, kind of insane defensive tools.
I have to mention I took Outmatch and Outlast in the Ascendency, which enables me to generate my Frenzy charges for free and also gives me a 10% more phys multi on max charges.
How much would you say you gain from the LGOH connected to your Block-Counters?

I'm planning a 4L for mine, (Currently 2 counters, Phys Damage and planning Concentrated Effect) but there are a few different options I could do;

1) Keep it as is
2) Swap out CE for the third Counter
3) Swap out CE for LGOH
4) Swap out CE for Fortify (In which case I'd be able to use Faster Attacks in my 3L Leap Slam setup)

I already plan to put Tempest Shield and Blood Rage with CWDT, with either a lower level Golem, ID or a Vaal Skill...

Wow this build blew up in size since the last time i checked. This is good build indeed. Give you guys an update.

I am Rank 2 gladiator, have been for the last two weeks. Overall rank peaked at about 180 using this build but falling due to not playing as much these days.

Just showing my build for new people trying this build - I showcased it around page 14 of this post.

-Tooltip DPS unbuffed is 17.7k, with all buffs its 36.2k. About 200k estimated dps, it really gets going when the monsters move.
-My fourth ascendancy is the more damage at max frenzy charges.
-53% native block, 64% after getting hit + tempest shield.

I just did 10 straight twinned colosseum blue maps for the challenge, did not die a single time. This guy is indeed tanky.

My set up is as follows - I switch out Increased AOE gem and vulnerability when needed. I invested a fair bit in chaos resistance and block chance in the shield. I will switch out to a higher armour shield that has 31% block chance when I see it. I will get Rumi's flask and use for alot harder fights than twinned magic colosseum maps.

For the gems, see my gear below.
Helmet: cwdt, immortal call, incr dur, end cry
Wepon: reckoning, lgoh, blood rage
Shield: blasph, enfeeble/vuln, determination
Chest: EQ, less dur, conc/incr aoe, rapid decay, melee phys, fortify
Gloves: cwdt, tempest shield, blade vortex, knockback
Boots: vaal lighting trap, shield charge, faster attacks, end charge on melee stun (this can be swapped for other things - you still get charges this way in high tier maps but frequent use of enduring cry is recommended.)

-The gem setup here is for no-frill all-purpose mapping. All the defensives in the orginal build and removed some I think are not necessary. I wouldn't change anything in the gem setup except for endurance charge on melee stun. You can remove this, get incr duration (for vaal lightning trap), riposte, totem of your choice, for example.

Passives:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAQCAAHnBLMFLQaLCbsKJgthDPcOQxQgFE0V7BiRGNsaPhpVG5cg4yE0IWAuIy_MMZ4yTjboOuE7OzwFPC09_ECgQT9FqUa3R35J1U1GUEdR5lcNV1RYY1qfXz9f2mCRYSFhUmLsZU1mtmdYZ5toZWjybNh07XTxdqx3U3k5eu982X7iggeDX4PMhNmE74ZgirOK8IzPk5mTqJ7Fns2iAKZXpzCplayvrY2uPq9stC-3Prkdu568n702vni-p8BmwL_BgsauypDNX89-0iHTb9i92WHaweRR5K3pRunV6hjt1-8O73zwH_JB8kXzb_Ob9kj3MvxL_go=?accountName=BigBun&characterName=GomGomBleeds

I opted out of iron reflexes and unwavering stance, partially because of my prior experience with max block builds and the need to save passive points for damage jewel nodes. Just went all armour based + determination. 10.6k unbuffed armour, 20.6k with Lion's Roar flask.

Thanks again for the great build guide.
Last edited by BigBun on Jun 25, 2016, 6:11:45 AM
Anyone else having trouble generating frenzy charges with Outmatch and Outlast? Looks like mobs dying from dots won't proc this passive, only kills with earthquake. I kinda regret picking it up.

It seems Violent retaliation would be a better pick for the final 2 points.
"
deimoss wrote:
Anyone else having trouble generating frenzy charges with Outmatch and Outlast? Looks like mobs dying from dots won't proc this passive, only kills with earthquake. I kinda regret picking it up.

It seems Violent retaliation would be a better pick for the final 2 points.

Your call, I tried both and both are good. But I value the +10% MORE phys damage at max frenzy charge (thats like 2.5 frenzy charges!!), and 10% reduced damage taken at max endurance charges more (like 2.5 endurance charges!). You get like +2500 tooltip damage that way, but 80% increased in phys damage when you block a unique boss is not much (maybe like 1200?).

I agree frenzy charge generation is less frequent than blood rage (purely based on experience). Thats weird because they are both 25% chance on kill. So I agree it seems only earthquake hit triggers it, not killing from DoT.

But still, the other perks are really good I highly recommend it.
"
Zephryl wrote:
How much would you say you gain from the LGOH connected to your Block-Counters?

I'm planning a 4L for mine, (Currently 2 counters, Phys Damage and planning Concentrated Effect) but there are a few different options I could do;

1) Keep it as is
2) Swap out CE for the third Counter
3) Swap out CE for LGOH
4) Swap out CE for Fortify (In which case I'd be able to use Faster Attacks in my 3L Leap Slam setup)

I already plan to put Tempest Shield and Blood Rage with CWDT, with either a lower level Golem, ID or a Vaal Skill...

LGOH on reckoning is good, no reason to not use it if you have space for it. Its good for fighting dangerous packs and tops my life at full all day long even in high end maps. Thats the only thing it's good for, and I want just that.

What I do not recommend is using block-counters for offense, like phys damage and conc effect. That just boosts your pack clearing a tiny bit. Almost worthless if you want my opinion. Conc effect is a big no no, it will severely diminish the usefulness of reckoning (you should be using increased AOE if anything). Block is finicky unlike evasion, you never know if a series of unblocks will occur - dont count on the block-counter gems too much.

Fortify does not work with block-counters. If you don't have a 6-link chest, put fortify on your movement skill and use it often. For me, I just use reckoning-lgoh - a layer of defense that is useful, no need to make it do more damage. Save the space for other stuff (like vaal skills, tempest shield, golems, etc, like you mentioned).

Tempest has to be with CWDT, there is no other way to use it! Thats why I use cwdt-tempest shield-blade vortex-knock back. Tempest shield knocks back so many things at range (its even more useful than blade vortex in many circumstances).

Blood rage cannot be used with CWDT. You don't want it proccing all the time, I only activate it in maps where I know my life regen is good.

Hope that helps, I put my setup right below your original post if you want to look at it.
Last edited by BigBun on Jun 25, 2016, 6:43:20 AM
Thank you for your feedback BigBun. I actually copied your passive tree variant, it feels very solid.

I seee you used bloodrage even with outmatch outlast passive. I agree, that the passive is nice if you manage to sustain the charges, I will try to squeeze bloodrage in my setup.
Ah, Fortify doesn't work on the Counters? That's a shame. I've been using it on my Movement skill already, but I would've liked to fit in Faster Attacks. Guess that'll have to wait until I get a 6L.

If you want to have a look at my tree and gear, my character sheet should be open to see. Ezomius is this build, or an approximation of it at least.

Asides from No/Low Regen maps, where I'd remove Blood Rage Gem, is there any situation I wouldn't want Blood Rage up? I'm not sure which route I'm going for Uber Ascendancy points yet.

I might put in LGOH when I have the Chroms for it, had a big gear upgrade recently and ran out... Or I could remove Phys Damage, and put in LGOH. Not sure what else, if anything, I should link to them.
"
Zephryl wrote:
Ah, Fortify doesn't work on the Counters? That's a shame. I've been using it on my Movement skill already, but I would've liked to fit in Faster Attacks. Guess that'll have to wait until I get a 6L.

If you want to have a look at my tree and gear, my character sheet should be open to see. Ezomius is this build, or an approximation of it at least.

Asides from No/Low Regen maps, where I'd remove Blood Rage Gem, is there any situation I wouldn't want Blood Rage up? I'm not sure which route I'm going for Uber Ascendancy points yet.

I might put in LGOH when I have the Chroms for it, had a big gear upgrade recently and ran out... Or I could remove Phys Damage, and put in LGOH. Not sure what else, if anything, I should link to them.

Yeah fortify on movement skill until you get 6l (this build, 6link or 5link is fine, so this is not an expensive build).

Easy fix, reckoning-lgoh-blood rage in your weapon. You can put riposte away for now and come back to it later, its not as important (your main source of damage is the earthquake aftershock and the bleed from it anyways). The bleed will always be refreshed to the highest damage done. Blood rage makes mapping noticeably faster so I always use it (except yeah, low regen maps or damaging grounds). Also pairs very well with Outmatch and Outlast as your last ascendancy (which I have as well). Since we invest in some life leech nodes, regen is not as important. Movement skill-fortify-faster attack in your gloves. You don't need blood magic since you have mana leech on your gloves already. It shouldnt cost so much mana and there are seldom circumstances where you have to leap slam/shield charge ten times in a row without hitting mobs.

See my above post - I recommend not using your counter-blocks as offense. It's not a big deal. Plus, you have your glove enchant for extra damage if anything. Reckoning - lgoh is the core in my opnion.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info